ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

Do you think the PG has killed WWE why or why not?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08 Apr 2011, 03:09 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

HEY DAY is on a distinguished road
Default Do you think the PG has killed WWE why or why not?

In one way or another. So it may be responsible for some of the WWE's stipud ideas. As a result I think WWE has reduced the on screen violence. When are we see feuds become as intense as they once were. Like more backstage brawls or somebody getting jumped during an interview. Is WWE afraid of ruining the crediblity of the Attitude era?.

Now since they have gone into PG they have not many and do not have many skilled wrestlers or at least ones that entertain you in the ring. Now they tend to focus more on interesting gimmicks mic skills rather than in ring talent. Also they had to get rid of some gimmicks like ortons legend killer, I think Orton needs another gimmick change. Also WWE should re train alot of those wrestlers on the roster to be impressive in the ring.

Some of these storylines are so stale. Cena-Nexus, Cena-Punk. Vicke guerrero heel gimmick she is way more annoying than micheal Cole as a heel so all wrestling without regard to wrestling taste surely agree on this one. Vickie and alex rilery geting written off tv only to return a few weeks makes no since. When vince perishes or newer better creative writers come in we could see a change in vickies character. Maybe Vickie can be a face GM not a bad idea or how about non-wrestling backstage role or something. WWE could have made rivaleries better giving them a much stronger build up but I don't.

Its funny when you think years back when you watching WWE you would never think WWE reach this point of level you always that much of the stars you liked would be around a long time then year by year WWE loss's Talent until we get to this today.

By the way since Tough enough returned do you think WWE get talent from there who can impress in the ring. Remember Maven he was best one from Tough Enough its a shame WWE released, the kid had lots of potential.
HEY DAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Apr 2011, 03:13 PM   #2 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

***Jerichoholic*** is on a distinguished road

No.

Its not PG, its the creative team.

How the hell can a rating ruin a show entirely?

I also find it funny you said Is WWE afraid of ruining the crediblity of the Attitude era?. Than you said Now they tend to focus more on interesting gimmicks mic skills rather than in ring talent.

The Attitude Era didn't focus on wrestling either, in fact the Midcard division and Diva division was total crap. The Attitude Era was all mic skills,promos, and gimmicks you hypocrite.
***Jerichoholic*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Apr 2011, 03:18 PM   #3 (permalink)
Jon
Jobber

Jon is on a distinguished road

Some real fans yes but they have more viewers since attitude era and linda made it pg so she can become senator
Jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Apr 2011, 03:22 PM   #4 (permalink)
Jobber

Drizzy is on a distinguished road

what the first person said wwe has become to predictable and the writers really suck
Drizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Apr 2011, 03:27 PM   #5 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

gsupernova is on a distinguished road

I have to disagree with some people here.

WWE cannot gain back the ratings it had like it did in the Attitude Era (4.0+)

I posted another question here earlier today. World Wrestling Entertainment is rebranding itself to just WWE for business. Its signing ventures with some businesses and for it go back to tv-14 would ruin its business ventures.

I hate the fact that we would not get back attitude era.

Instead I watch TNA.

Im not biased but TNA is way better than WWE right now in my opinion, They just dont know how to gain more exposure to an audience.

Especially in the tag team matches, TNA;s tag team roster like Motor City Machine Guns have moves that I have never seen in WWE.

TNA is better in my opinion and this is coming from someone who opposed TNA at first but gave it a chance. Its better than WWE right now but it cant get enough exposure as WWE, but the TNA storylines do suck.
gsupernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Apr 2011, 03:32 PM   #6 (permalink)
Young Noob

Lacey is on a distinguished road

i feel like PG isnt the main problem, becuase back in the ruthress agression, it was PG and there were still chairs, weapons all that stuff. i feel like its more of the creative writers and their sponsers. since from what i heard matel gets very strict on what they perforn, and there has been a few times that wwe got threatend, becuase of a little thing that Matel does not want to support. also creative writers are not being creative anymore! there is good story lines its just they dnt play out well. for example. the cena - nexus, now that was great , until is came to the match were it was either free or fired and that match was a total bust! all what they did was ran around the ring in circles! i thought it was going to be intense and yet it wasnt! cm punk going onto nexus was good, but now getting BORING! there problem is they dont grab our attention enough and they only focus on one target market, which is little kids, and yes that is a good, but there are other target markets, like adults, people who have been watchn for years,and teenage girls, they need to please everyone , so they can get that money. also they need to stop basing their shows of just 6 superstars. like orton,cena,nexus, john morrision, vickie, michael cole. you know. i want to see the talented, and who has personality. and the heeart. lately that has been lacking in a lot of the superstars, is the passion and heart and it is very noticeable!
Lacey is offline   Reply With Quote