ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

Did D'von really hold back Bully Ray? Again?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08 Apr 2011, 01:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
ME!
Young Noob

ME! is on a distinguished road
Default Did D'von really hold back Bully Ray? Again?

Those words Bully Ray said about D'von sucked because we were witnessing one of the greatest tag teams being split apart BUT, was he right? Don't get me wrong they are one of the greatest tag teams in the world when they are together but when they split Buh Buh/Bully Ray ALWAYS excells. His heel persona is Awesome. This guy cuts promos as well as anybody. If ya think about it he could be the best pure heel in TNA today. Thoughts
ME! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Apr 2011, 01:07 PM   #2 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

BazNevermore is on a distinguished road

I believe, Bully? Ray is the best Heel of biz today, better then any heel in WWE. Matter fact, they should take notes from TNA, on how to make a true heel. Bully? Ray can make you hate his guts in under 10 minutes. he truly lives off his gimmick of being a Bully. and each time' he talks I really want to see a wrestler kick his ass .

it's ashame he's very underrated. since current fanboys don't give TNA a chance, so they miss out on Bully Ray's promos.. and it sure seems that way, always thought, D'von was somewhat holding his Tag team partner back, even though they are great tag team.Bully Ray's promo skills is unbelievable, and he is finally getting a chance to be the solo heel like he has always wanted to be,
BazNevermore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Apr 2011, 01:13 PM   #3 (permalink)
Young Noob

CajunAsian is on a distinguished road

There was always some animosity between the 'brothers' in Team 3D/ Dudley Boys. What team doesn't? I am sure that one or the other thought that they were slightly better than their partner in terms of performance or drawing. That said, Team 3D became as famous as they were due to the SUM OF THEIR PARTS and not as individuals. Neither were successful in ECW as indivduals. When paired....well the rest is history. Same in WWF/ WWE. When together....fans loved them. Failed miserably when separated by WWE Creative.

I have always said that Bubba Ray is one of the best talkers in the business. You can look past the fact that he is remotely athletic as his promos are great. Devon is a great physical athlete. He carried the matches in the physicality department for the team. Bubba was your 'high spots' guy.

Would I pay to see 'Bully Ray' if he was a main event? No. While a great talker, he does not have the 'STUFF' to effectively draw by himself. Never has. Never will. He is at his best as part of team. TWO PROMOTIONS appear to have agreed with me in the past.
CajunAsian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Apr 2011, 01:17 PM   #4 (permalink)
Jobber

xavier is on a distinguished road

I think it is true. Like, most of the time, in tag team. There is allways the talent. Then there is always the power house that comes in and take care of every thing.

If you actually notice, in there tag team matches, D'Von always got beat up, then Bully Ray would come in as the power house and help clean up.

I think Bully Ray new gimmick is so freaking amazing. I mean he is good on the microphone. He is cutting promos that I want to see.

I think his single career will be good for him if he can pick up a quick title.

Plus, since the split up. D'Von, he has done nothing but suck and get up with Tommy Dreamer the last 3 weeks, as Bully Ray, has already ended careers.

Been putting people under the spotlight, and trying to main event Tna.
xavier is offline   Reply With Quote