ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

Did you lose respect for John Morrison and Melina after reading this?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08 Apr 2011, 11:15 AM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

The Last Outlaw Will Return is on a distinguished road
Default Did you lose respect for John Morrison and Melina after reading this?

As noted earlier here on the website, there is backstage heat on both John Morrison and Melina. It centers around the Six-Person Mixed Tag Team Match at Wrestlemania XXVII, which saw Morrison repeatedly brush partner Trish Stratus off.

During their post-match celebration, Stratus hugged Snooki and went to hug Morrison, but he had already turned his back on her. Morrison then led Snooki to the corner of the ring and used the Jersey Shore star as a shield, to guard himself from Stratus.

The backstory behind Morrison's awkward body language is that either he or Melina, his real-life girlfriend, felt Stratus took her spot in the Six-Person Mixed Tag Team Match at Wrestlemania XXVII. The backstage belief is that he either holds Stratus in contempt for taking Melina's spot on the card, or had to portray himself as such so that she would believe he was anything but rude to her.

Behind the scenes, Morrison rejected various ideas Stratus had for their match at WrestleMania XXVII, and was said to be very difficult to work with. His outright refusal to comply with any of her suggestions reportedly hurt her feelings. Word quickly spread amongst the locker room, garnering heat.

Many feel Morrison's unprofessional behavior will set back his standing in WWE since Stratus is highly regarded amongst company personnel.

While Morrison is considered a nice guy, he's not greatly respected amongst his peers. This dates back several years due to his real-life relationship with Melina. Particularly, he lost a lot of respect for allowing Melina to engage in a sexual relationship with former WWE talent Dave Bautista (a/k/a Batista) while the two were dating. The former WWE Champion made no qualms of being intimately involved with Melina in his 2007 autobiography, Batista Unleashed. He wrote:My wife thought I was sleeping with Melina right off the bat, while we were still married. It wasn't true, but it did make me feel guilty about being friends with her.Since then, as I've said, Melina and I have gotten closer and our relationship has become physical. That's caused a bit of controversy, but I don't give a shit. She's my friend, and I love her very much.

Former WWE stars Paul London and Brian Kendrick alleged numerous behind the scenes stories involving Melina and Morrison in their 2010 shoot interview, Brian Kendrick Paul London's Excellent Adventure. London stated that Morrison is 'spineless' because he repeatedly permitted Melina to engage in sexual activity with outside partners while the two were dating. He added that Morrison would accompany Melina on dates with her partner of choice. Kendrick also claimed that he himself had been intimate with Melina.
The Last Outlaw Will Return is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Apr 2011, 11:17 AM   #2 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Anthony T is on a distinguished road

If it's true, then I guess so. That's pretty ridiculous. This wouldn't be the first time I heard bad things about Melina behind the scenes.
Anthony T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Apr 2011, 11:22 AM   #3 (permalink)
Young Noob

Inferno is on a distinguished road

Kinda childish moves by Morrison and Melina..
Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Apr 2011, 11:27 AM   #4 (permalink)
Jobber

Wiggy is on a distinguished road

Holy Smokes!

Great stuff there. I'm not sure if I lost respect for Morrison, because I try not to get into someone's personal life, but I would imagine this will certainly hurt his chance of becoming a main eventer this year.

I find it extremely odd that he let his GF sleep with other men while they were together. That's not something I would want my GF doing lol
Wiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Apr 2011, 11:33 AM   #5 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

TyDaGuy is on a distinguished road

Kinda. I do see where they're coming from; with her stealing the spotlight when these Divas are working their asses off every week and she doesn't even travel anymore. But at the same time, it's just down right rude and nasty. She's a veteran and deserves the spot light. If it'll bring more people back to the product, then so be it. You cant satisfy EVERYONE.
TyDaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Apr 2011, 11:37 AM   #6 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Pook S? Jays 4-2 ? is on a distinguished road

No, I still respect the two of them but I think it's childish really, I mean this is not fucking high school, this is the ADULT life yet they act like 10 year olds.
Pook S? Jays 4-2 ? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Apr 2011, 11:42 AM   #7 (permalink)
Jobber

Liam Catterson is on a distinguished road

Na it will take a lot more for me to hate JoMo. Besides, he is one of my favourite stars in the WWE.
Liam Catterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Apr 2011, 11:47 AM   #8 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Jabronibeater27 is on a distinguished road

Who cares Melina is not being pushed because she's injured every other month and she will be released sooner rather than later. Morrison I hated him when he debuted on Raw in 04 as nitro.
Jabronibeater27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Apr 2011, 11:54 AM   #9 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Funk Rock is on a distinguished road

Everybody has their flaws.
Funk Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Apr 2011, 11:57 AM   #10 (permalink)
Cruiserweight

Stephen is on a distinguished road

Yes if the report is true I do think John Morrison and Melina are being childish and rude. WWE will use who they think will draw and Trish will always outdraw Melina.

It was not Trish's fault that Melina is not in a good spot at present in WWE.

What is sad is (although I understand John Morrison's loyalty to Melina) is that Melina's actions are having on effect on John Morrison's wwe career which does not seem fair of her to put him in that position.

I think JoMo will probably be stuck in midcard for a while until lessons are learned and I have a feeling Melina may now have just earned herself a place in the annual spring cleaning. Which is a shame because she is talented but only has herself to blame if it happens.
Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Apr 2011, 12:02 PM   #11 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Triple H Had The Worst Week is on a distinguished road

My respect for Melina went out the window
Triple H Had The Worst Week is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Apr 2011, 12:07 PM   #12 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Griffin is on a distinguished road

I will say the same thing about this that i said about Jeff Hardy. Who cares about their personally lives!? Its THEIR lives we shouldn't judge them especially since most of this is rumor and none of us were actually a part of it. This shouldn't affect JoMo or Melina in the show
Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Apr 2011, 12:13 PM   #13 (permalink)
Young Noob

yo?r ????r d?va_? c?a?p, e??ly is on a distinguished road

If this story is true, I think they are acting pretty childish. I still respect both of them though, because they are both good wrestlers. Expecially JoMo. We need to remeber however that their are always to sides to every story. Maybe were not getting the complete story.

Like I said, this doesn't really affect the way I feel about these two. Everybody makes mistakes. We live and we learn.
yo?r ????r d?va_? c?a?p, e??ly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Apr 2011, 12:18 PM   #14 (permalink)
Jobber

Tony(M-WWE owner)DX2 is on a distinguished road

No.Its partially true, about Trish Stratus taking, not just Melina's spot at Wrestlemania 27, but all of the other divas spots as well.Melina John Morrison didn't get upset about Trish Stratus taking Melina's spot, but taking mostly everybody's spot.I agree where Melina John Morrison are coming from, in getting angry at Trish Stratus, and honestly, I think Trish Stratus really deserved being blamed for taking the other divas spot.Why do most of the other divas get kicked off Wrestlemania, while Trish Stratus gets on the card, for doing nothing, other than being a celebrity, who is a former diva.Also, same for Snooki.Snooki should have never been given a opportunity at Wrestlemania.Especially over all the other divas.

I've heard stories about Melina, but I really don't believe any of them.I don't think John Morrison is dating Melina anymore, but I don't think Melina is the way people make her out to be.
Tony(M-WWE owner)DX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Apr 2011, 12:22 PM   #15 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Straight Edge Scotsman is on a distinguished road

I lost a lot of respect for Morrison, but I''l give him the benefit of the doubt in case *gasp* the internet is fibbing.

I never had any respect for Melina in the first place.
Straight Edge Scotsman is offline   Reply With Quote