ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

are the wwe pay per views better than the smackdown and raw tv shows they have?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01 Apr 2011, 05:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

The cole train is on a distinguished road
Default are the wwe pay per views better than the smackdown and raw tv shows they have?

Im also wondering what makes a wwe pay per view event worth the $50?

Do a few people normally come over to a house and split the fee?

It sucks that wwe doesnt come to oklahoma and I would have to drive 400 miles to the closest event.I guess pay per view would be cheaper than paying for the gas and tickets. But being there in person is alot better than watching it on tv.

Im just now getting into watching pro wrestling and im 22. I think its better late than never.
The cole train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Apr 2011, 05:27 PM   #2 (permalink)
Cruiserweight

Michael is on a distinguished road

Complete and utter waste of time and money, watch something with some history to it like boxing or judo or MMA. Go on..try to take the skills youll learn on WWE to a real life situation and watch what happens lol.
Michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Apr 2011, 05:33 PM   #3 (permalink)
Jobber

Evenflow DDT - The Raven Effect is on a distinguished road

wwe ppvs last year were HORRIBLE. This year they've been good so far but WWE in general is very good around Wrestlemania time but after Wrestlemania the shows may very well get back to sucking. As for are they worth it, i tend to watch a show with a few friends as paying for the show as a single person can be a major ripoff. But ill be honest. If a show has a strong card and is well built than they ppv is worth it. But rarely does WWE produce a show worth that money so I'd say save it perhaps for the major shows. Buy wrestlmania, the royal rumble and elimination chamber as they are the better ppvs and then maybe just pick carefully with other shows basing ur purchase on whether the card is strong enough to warrant a buy.

Maybe even do yourself a favour and get into indepndent wrestling like ROH. Thats value for money. They have ippvs (internet ppvs so u have to stream them) but they are 15 bucks and a far far better shows as the wrestling in ROH is top quality. Same can be said for DGUSA. Dont just focus on WWE as what you will find is its pretty driven now a days for youths so you may eventually be alienated by your intelligence being insulted. I cant recommend checking out other companies outside the WWE enough. A company like ROH puts on great quality matches, with a fantastic tag division that wwe lacks and is affordable.

and wwe do go to oklahoma, check their website they do. If ur referring to ppvs in oklahoma im sure they had one not long ago and its still always a chance of getting one.
Evenflow DDT - The Raven Effect is offline   Reply With Quote