ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

Like him or hate him, wouldn't you say that Cena is just totally owning The Rock right now?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22 Mar 2011, 12:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
Jobber

Sean :) is on a distinguished road
Default Like him or hate him, wouldn't you say that Cena is just totally owning The Rock right now?

i'm sure there will be people who read this who hate Cena and love The Rock, but after listening to everything Cena has said over the past few weeks, and especially what he did last night, wouldn't you say he is just totally owning The Rock right now? i was always a huge fan of Rock, but his attempt at smack talk the past two weeks have been repetitive, that he doesn't have much material to go off of. Everything Cena has said has been true, and i think last night what he did was just the icing on the cake.

What are your thoughts? The Rock has been out of the biz for over seven years, do you think he has lost his touch?
Sean :) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Mar 2011, 12:24 PM   #2 (permalink)
Cruiserweight

kevin is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to kevin

I will start out saying I grew up on Hulk Hogan, transitioned to the Rock and Stone Cold and now call John Cena my favorite wrestler. Like him or hate him Cena is definitely one upping the Rock. The battle raps are awesome and need to come back more regularly but the Rock definitely has been a bit stale. I don't think he has lost a step as when he showed up on Raw that promo was vintage Rock, I just think his words are the same and got boring as he presented it almost the same. Cena does repeat some comments but presents them in a different way.
kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Mar 2011, 12:27 PM   #3 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Matt R is on a distinguished road

tru
Matt R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Mar 2011, 12:37 PM   #4 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Blueblood Showstoppa is on a distinguished road

Agreed!
Blueblood Showstoppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Mar 2011, 12:43 PM   #5 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Beauty Queen is on a distinguished road

WHAT CENA KEEPS SAYING IS NOT MAKING SENSE AT ALL..........

THE NEWS SAYS THAT THE ROCK IS THE WRESTLEMANIA HOST HE IS NOT A WWE SUPERSTAR RIGHT NOW......

IF YOU ASK ROCK TO APPEAR EVERY WEEK ON RAW ALSO YOU SHOULD ASK AUSTIN TO APPEAR !!!!!DOESNT IT RING A BELL IN YOUR HEAD......

THE ROCK ALREADY REVEALED 4 DAYS AGO THAT HE WILL BE COMING AT CHICAGO TO PROMOTE WRESTLEMANIA !!!! DONT YOU GET ANYTHING IN YOUR HEAD ??

ROCK IS WRESTLEMANIA HOST NOT RAW HOST ....
Beauty Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Mar 2011, 12:47 PM   #6 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

LPSR! is Phenomenal is on a distinguished road

The Rock needs to learn a lesson from a much better wrestling mind, Chris Jericho. Jericho wasn't away as long as The Rock has been but when he returned he tried to be Y2J again and it didn't work so he made a complete change because he's talented enough to do so. The Rock is doing the same stuff as he did in the ring 7 years ago, their is only so long people can think WOW THE ROCKS BACK THIS IS AWESOME before it turns to Why can't The Rock do anything new?! That's how the business works, you can't do the same thing year in and year out without getting stale, just look at John Cena. He has gone back to doing his raps and its working so well because its been so long since he last did it, he's got the best of both worlds. The Rock hasn't done anything new.

I've been saying since round one of this verbal battle John Cena is winning because he's only saying exactly what the fans said about The Rock 6 years ago, he's speaking from the heart as a wrestling fan. He even said that in the original interview that this whole thing is about, John Cena said he's a selfish wrestling fan who just wants The Rock back but he doesn't like how The Rock claims to love the business and fans but could never make Wrestlemania OR Raw's 15th birthday ect. The Rock might be appealing to the Cena haters who complain about how awful Cena is... a mute argument when comparing him against The Rock who had 5 moves, a lame finisher (its an elbow drop FFS!) and was only ever any good with a mic in his hand, The Rock didn't often lose clean... Hell every Cena haters argument against Cena can be used against Rocky with equal validity, difference is Cena has always given back to the fans... he takes so much shit from them and still turns up to any and all events outside of the ring he can.

John Cena is winning the war, its not even close... The Rock is using tired material, not showing up week in week out and proving most of the Rock sold out arguments right, their must be a massive paycheck coming his way otherwise he wouldn't be taking 20 minutes out of his day to film a promo to air on raw.
LPSR! is Phenomenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Mar 2011, 12:52 PM   #7 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Juwayn Hussain is on a distinguished road

cena is owning the rock ????? what the are u kiddin me ???

look i am a hhh fan and i have to say that cena's first response was good...second response sucked......his words of satellite is not making sense to me.....

Rock is not a wwe superstar or a raw host ................the rock compeltely ripped cena last week 3/14/11................it was revealed that cena was not as talented as the rock .......

rock is not a regular raw host neither steve austin is a regular referee.....

these guys are big icons that are called special host and referee for wrestlemania !!!!!!!
Juwayn Hussain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Mar 2011, 12:58 PM   #8 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Rkoandmelinafan is on a distinguished road

he owns him by rapping i admit but the rock uses his funny tactics to get ahead. in the end the rock is way better but cena owns him in the rap battle.
Rkoandmelinafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Mar 2011, 01:02 PM   #9 (permalink)
Jobber

Harry is on a distinguished road

yes u r right
Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Mar 2011, 01:07 PM   #10 (permalink)
Young Noob

N. W. is on a distinguished road

The Rock is not in the wwe anymore what cena is saying makes no sense. When what the rock says is tru. cena has no talent.
N. W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Mar 2011, 01:13 PM   #11 (permalink)
Young Noob

K.Holli is on a distinguished road

I have to admit you are so right Cena is owning the Rock right now as much as I love the Rock he is stale yes the promo he did with the boy dressed up as Cena was kind of funny but not that much. The Rock needs to change with the times it is a new era what was funny in the 1990s is not funny now. At least with Cena he had not done the rap thing for a while so it is new to the younger fans and people who had not been watching the WWE for a long time. Cena is owning the Rock for now but I got a feeling the Rock is going to come back with something even better we will just have to wait til next week to find out.

I don't think he has lost his touch I just think he has been out of the business for a while so he does not have the connection he used to have with the fans. He will get it back eventually if he sticks around that is.
K.Holli is offline   Reply With Quote