ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

Agree or disagree: People why cry about TV-PG are idiots?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20 Mar 2011, 05:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

D??i?l ??y?? l S?ap ?? ???? is on a distinguished road
Default Agree or disagree: People why cry about TV-PG are idiots?

I mean, come on already! Blood and sex doesn't equal Quality Wrestling, TNA Tries that and look at them! They suck! There is no such thing as a (PG-Era), If there is such a thing, then why wasn't the (PG Era) in the 80s and early 90s when it was PG? Only 3 Eras took place in the WWF/E.

* Golden Era 1963-1992

* New Generation Era 1993-1998

* Attitude Era 1998 - 2001

So all of your make believe eras don't make any sense.

So agree or disagree, People who cry about WWE being PG have no logical point to their arguement?

How is it sucking now!?!? WWE is at its best since a while.

@ sheamusosheanuessy: Sorry, but I refuse to believe your above the age of 12 due to the fact you type like a 9 year old and your arguement makes no sense.
 D??i?l ??y?? l S?ap ?? ???? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Mar 2011, 05:53 PM   #2 (permalink)
Jobber

TexasRkowned is on a distinguished road

Agree, it the booking/creative team and mishandle of superstars that is holding WWE back
TexasRkowned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Mar 2011, 05:57 PM   #3 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

William Labostrie is on a distinguished road

Shut up dude, or I'll do it for you :S
William Labostrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Mar 2011, 06:04 PM   #4 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Slovely is on a distinguished road

I 100% agree. The only reason why its sucking now is because of how they are writing things it has nothing to do with it being pg.
Slovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Mar 2011, 06:07 PM   #5 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

miss awesomeness is on a distinguished road

people think its gotten boring so they blame it on pg
miss awesomeness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Mar 2011, 06:16 PM   #6 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

sheamus oshaunsey is on a distinguished road

im 17 been with wwe since 1993 anyways people cry over pg because they want to honestly honestly honestly i prefer attitude era back any hooty in the blowfish wwe is pg because of cena and the kids i saw f#!$ the kids and go back to tv 14
sheamus oshaunsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Mar 2011, 06:22 PM   #7 (permalink)
Young Noob

ZombieHotness is on a distinguished road

Well I wouldn't call then idiots to be honest they must've been big fans and started watching wrestling back in the Attitude Era and miss the old wrestlers and the old stuff from there in a way you can call it there living in the past.
ZombieHotness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Mar 2011, 06:28 PM   #8 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

The Last Outlaw(19-0) is on a distinguished road

Agree
The Last Outlaw(19-0) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Mar 2011, 06:33 PM   #9 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Linkin Park Fan is on a distinguished road

TNA is better than WWE I honestly dont care about blood and stuff but they have better story lines and matches I mean in their main events its usually like a steel cage match or something in WWE were lucky enough to even get a no ring count match and they always kick out unless their hit with a finisher I mean like Randy Orton Superplex off the top rop ONE,TWO, THR,KICK OUT!
Linkin Park Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Mar 2011, 06:37 PM   #10 (permalink)
Young Noob

H. Poirot is on a distinguished road

The truth is that you can never satisfy everyone, and people will always blame something.

The WWE is a much more complex machine than most people are aware. There is so much that they have to do. Going PG was by far the most sensible choice that they could have made. The lingering witchhunts left over from the Benoit incident in 2007 made for a very scrutinizing market of potential viewers. This pressure allowed certain outside companies to maintain their demands for content to be cut back. Combined with that, the market studies showed that young families were becoming a much larger portion of the audience than they had previously, and these trends would continue. Many considerations went into the decision.

They knew it was going to make some people mad, but you have to go where the money is. A family of four takes up four seats at an arena, buys four hotdogs, four drinks, two T shirts and a foam Cena finger, watches the shows on tv and buys the toys for birthdays and Christmas.

A lone 18 - 34 year old male buys one cheap ticket, brings in his own food, records the show on his cell phone for Youtube, and blogs about how much Cena sucks and how they should bring back the attitude era. Which one of these is the better target audience?

And if you did appease the single guy, what would happen? The family would stop letting their children watch, because of all the blood and swearing, and the single guy would stay exactly the same, complaining about the next thing on the list.

Wrestling will never be perfect for everyone. There will always be somethings that you like less and some things that you like more. Some weeks they may only give 4 minutes to the stuff you like, and then waste 20 minutes on something you find boring or unnecessary. But at the same time, there is someone out there who is thrilled that they finally let their favorite thing go on for 20 minutes, and cut back that boring other thing that you liked. Someone was probably thrilled that Snookie was the guest on Raw. Somebody (me) loves to see Hornswaggle get involved from time to time.

My thought is, enjoy what there is for you to enjoy, and hope for the best. If you feel strongly about something or someone, support them in any way you find available. Buy the DVDs, go to the superstars pages on the website, tweet them until they are sick of your sycophantic comments.

If you do not do what you can to let the WWE know your opinions, then why complain. It is Vince's company, and they try do do their best in as many areas as they can.

Sure, many of the greats of the past are gone, or leaving, but they are pumping the ranks with new blood, and preparing for the future.

Sure there is no blood and some moves have been deemed to dangerous, but they have been finding new ways to make the action stiffer, and more exciting.

And does swearing and sexual inuendo really make the difference?

It is impossible to please everybody, and it is unreasonable to expect they should.

And as it happens, there is plenty to enjoy, if you allow yourself to.
H. Poirot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Mar 2011, 06:42 PM   #11 (permalink)
Jobber

Jesse Aaron is on a distinguished road

I AGREE!

I still can't beleive that people are still whining about PG.I mean they say PG sucks , PG killed wrestling , WWE is for kids now

I mean it's so stupid.TNA is TV-14 and they really sucked compare to WWE.
Jesse Aaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Mar 2011, 06:47 PM   #12 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

|R|oyal ~ |M|achine is on a distinguished road

I've been preaching this for years, and Thank God people are starting to catch on or atleast voice their opinions.

IF WWE GOES BACK TO TV14, THE SHOW WILL NOT GET ANY BETTER!!!!

Show decides the rating, rating doesn't decide the show. Remember WM23? Khali vs Kane? Khali as WHC? All that stupid shit? that was ALL under the TV14 rating. Some of the worst times in WWE were under the TV14 rating.

Sure, blood and cursing make for more intense promos and matches, but it's really nothing to moan about.

And I completely agree with the PG era thing. It does not exist. People made it up. We are not in a PG Era...we've been in this era since 2005 - it should be the Cena era if anything..

But chill with TNA sucking.....the in-ring matches on TNA always deliver. Always (Unless Jeff Hardy in there)
|R|oyal ~ |M|achine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Mar 2011, 06:52 PM   #13 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Theo Burray is on a distinguished road

i fall in the middle
Theo Burray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Mar 2011, 06:57 PM   #14 (permalink)
Heavyweight

The Dragon is on a distinguished road

Not idiots. They just have an opinion. Like your's about TNA. Your opinion may differ from mine, but that doesn't mean you're an idiot, or that I think you are. Sometimes opinions are based on ignorance. Sometimes opinions are based on well, I don't watch it, so it must suck.

The Bruno Sammartino Era 1963-1977. Bruno was THE top star and the entire WWWF was based around him as the superhero character.

The Bob Backlund Era 1978-1984. Backlund was the legitimate wrestling champion, all-around super babyface, and characterized the family-friendly programming at the time.

The Hulkamania Era 1984-1992. Hogan was THE top star, and personified the cartoon world Vince Jr had created. The gimmicks were pretty much all comic book-based.

The New Generation Era 1993-1997. Hogan was gone and the Warrior didn't work out, so Vince looked to the newer guys to build the WWF around. Bret, HBK, etc.

The Attitude Era 1997-2001. The shock era, characterized by excessive cartoon bloodletting, weapons-based ultraviolence, cussing, T A, rampant sexual innuendo, cruel pranks, etc. to push the censors as far as possible. Wrestling was at the bottom of the WWF's list of things to do.

The Rebuilding Era 2002-2005. The Rock and Stone Cold were on their way out. The shock era was over. The WWE returned to putting on wrestling matches and TV wrestling shows with the likes of Eddie, Benoit, Angle, etc.

The John Cena Era 2005-2009. A new superstar (I mean superstar, not that superstar nonsense they call EVERYBODY in the WWE rather than wrestler) emerged. The next evolution of the super babyface that began with Sammartino then continued on through Backlund and Hogan. Vince structured the WWE around Cena as the superhero character.

The PG Era 2010- . Linda McMahon ran for public office and fans took that to mean the WWE was now (and still is) targeted and produced for pre-teens.

Some of the people who cry about TV-PG are hypocrites, and that's mostly based on ignorance. Prior to the Attitude Era, the WWE was pretty much the same as the WWE is NOW as far as sex, language, and blood goes. Some people either don't know that, don't care to know, or just pretend it wasn't that way. Those of us who where there and try to tell about those times just get out-shouted by the kids who WEREN'T.

It's also hypocritical to state (loudly and non-stop) that you (editorial you) want blood, sex, cussing, weapons etc to make the WWE better, then bash other promotions for already doing blood, sex, etc.WWE is at its best since a while. That's your opinion. I don't agree with that opinion but that doesn't make you an idiot for having that opinion. My disagreeing with that opinion has nothing to do with sex, blood, and cussing, and everything to do with boring matches, juvenile soap opera storylines, and Michael Cole being pushed as the top heel in the WWE and shoveled down our throats for hours every week; FOUR solid hours a week of Michael Cole's grandstanding and inane comments. He has all but killed the WWE for me.

Too many fans are convinced that Vince produces WWE TV shows for pre-teens (he doesn't; he produces TV shows for the entire family). Too many fans are teenagers who weren't old enough to have seen the Attitude Era but believe anyway that it was the holy grail when the WWE didn't suck despite being told how it really was by those of us who actually SAW it.

Those people aren't idiots, just misinformed and stubborn.
The Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Mar 2011, 07:02 PM   #15 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

FedCenaSpurs is on a distinguished road

agree, they also had ruthless aggression era
FedCenaSpurs is offline   Reply With Quote