ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

Why are some Attitude Era fans so bitter towards the PG Era?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30 Dec 2010, 12:52 AM   #1 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Red Sexy Cerebral Phenom is the absolute WORST poster everRed Sexy Cerebral Phenom is the absolute WORST poster everRed Sexy Cerebral Phenom is the absolute WORST poster everRed Sexy Cerebral Phenom is the absolute WORST poster everRed Sexy Cerebral Phenom is the absolute WORST poster everRed Sexy Cerebral Phenom is the absolute WORST poster everRed Sexy Cerebral Phenom is the absolute WORST poster everRed Sexy Cerebral Phenom is the absolute WORST poster everRed Sexy Cerebral Phenom is the absolute WORST poster everRed Sexy Cerebral Phenom is the absolute WORST poster everRed Sexy Cerebral Phenom is the absolute WORST poster ever
Default Why are some Attitude Era fans so bitter towards the PG Era?

I am an AE fan, but the PG era isn't as bad as people make it out to be. Sure the PPVs aren't entirely all that great and the matches aren't always up to par, but it could be worse. I'm not excusing the WWE for the lack of good storylines and shows, but like I said before it could be worse, like when RAW started the guest host thing and when SD barely had any maineventers after the draft. The WWE isn't all about cursing, blood, and sexual references, so why are some fans of that era so bitter?
Red Sexy Cerebral Phenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Dec 2010, 12:58 AM   #2 (permalink)

steve is on a distinguished road

Because alot of the storylines are childish.
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Dec 2010, 01:02 AM   #3 (permalink)
ACE
PW CHAMPION

ACE is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to ACE

the story line now are so corny compared to the attitude era
ACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Dec 2010, 01:07 AM   #4 (permalink)
Kai
Jobber

Kai is on a distinguished road

The nostalgia factor. Everything looks better 10 years after the fact. Time and distance make the heart grow fonder and all that jazz.

(Edit: err, heart, not deart.)
Kai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Dec 2010, 01:22 AM   #5 (permalink)
Jobber

?i?? ? h??????l is on a distinguished road

I have said this time and time again, WWE can still put on a good show even with the PG Era. What alot of people fail to realize is (mostly the people who are bitter about the PG Era) is that WWE was PG before and that was the time when WWE was still building their fanbase and slowly becoming popular and popular. I guess it is because they aren't used to the PG Rating and how the show is made these days. But at the end of the day it can't be that bad I mean they still watch it on a weekly basis.

Why watch something that you are bitter against? It makes no sense if you ask me. Most Attitude Era fans are big fans of the TV-14 Rating, I think that the TV-14 rating is overrated. The Attitude Era really wasn't about wrestling, sure it was fun to watch and I am not going to sit here and act like it wasn't but the Attitude Era wasn't mainly about wrestling it was about attracting people for ratings. Like you said the WWE isn't all about cursing, blood and sexual content it is a wrestling company.

And alot of people fail to realize that, WWE can have a good show if there creative team booked good matches and decent feuds on a monthly basis.Like The Undertaker Shawn Michaels feud and matches were good in it was in the PG Era, and most WWE Fans agree that their match and feuds were very good. WWE can still be good in the PG Era, the creative team just has to get better at booking better matches on a weekly basis and booking feuds that people actually want too see. Like asking we the fans what we want, all that stuff that happen in the Attitude Era is overrated.

In My Opinion, it was WWE's version of Jerry Springer. But go back and watch some of the angles, storylines and skits they did back then. It will seem pointless and dumb.I think that the WWE can be good in the PG Era, but the booking has to get better. But, then again even if me and you think that the WWE is good, most of the Internet Wrestling Community will still find something to complain about. I personally think that some of these people are almost impossible to please and want to relive the past and stuff that happen back then.
?i?? ? h??????l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Dec 2010, 01:28 AM   #6 (permalink)
Young Noob

Bionic Saint is on a distinguished road

Pee Wee Herman as a guest host? Big Show dresses up as Pee Wee?! Kane as an emo lonely kid who just wants to see his father.... These are some of the more recent story lines worthy of a Nick toon... ok, there was a lot of blood, cursing and sex in the AE, but it wasn't all about that. It was about WWF taking wrestling to the next level, having fresh and exciting story lines, encouraging people to stand up on what they believe in like SCSA dissing Vince, yet showing the consequences (how many times did they arrest Austin?) . Making superstars fearsome tough and larger than life as they ought to be...The writers were fearless and only aims to entertain the fans and not to comply to anyone's rules just so that the powers-that-be would look good and to decrease the issues for an easier bid for senate...
Bionic Saint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Dec 2010, 01:32 AM   #7 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Amie? is on a distinguished road

There is nothing wrong with PG. A lot of AE fans just cannot learn how to move on and realise that WWE has changed and possibly for the better. As you said, WWE now isn't all about blood, sexual innuendos, cussing and weaponry and that's a great thing. I think it's great that WWE is now aimed at all ages. It means parents don't have to worry about allowing their child to go ahead and watch Raw or SD for example. I mean back along, the child may watch and see Edge and Lita in a live sex celebration, or see Jerry Lawler being a pervert and talking about puppies while eyeing up the diva's, or they may see a bloody extreme match on ECW. But that doesn't happen anymore and kids can watch WWE without their parents worrying over what they may see. I liked parts of AE but found some bits hard to watch like with blood and all the cussing. Cursing in a promo didn't make it any better because you can get your point across without cursing. Like Vickie G is over as a heel majorly and she never curses, she just says excuse me and it works a treat. People just can't accept that PG is the present and the future. WWE won't go back now because EASILY WWE is more popular with kids and kids are more likely to whine at their parents to buy them merch and the parents will give in most times just to shut their child up. Most adult fans just go to see it so say they've seen it and for a night out with a beer. But kids see it to see their faves and buy their favs merchandise because thats cool for them.

WWE doesn't need cursing, blood, sex or weapons. They just need talented wrestlers and they have that. Sure as you said stories are maybe not up to par and are lacking in areas, but thats just the writers and bookers, not necessarily the PG concept. PG is a good direction for WWE and ignorant AE fans can't alter it. Just get over it and move on, jeez.
Amie? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Dec 2010, 01:37 AM   #8 (permalink)
Jobber

My Apex Love! *Viperette* is on a distinguished road

Quite a bit of people think that the rating of the show is what forms the show. In truth, if WWE was TV-14 today, not much would be different. Things might be a bit edgier, but that's about it. I guess people think that since the Attitude Era was such a great time, they figure that any different era could never compare so they try to find reasons to bash it. The fact that it's PG being the biggest. I agree with you, PG era isn't as bad as people insist.
My Apex Love! *Viperette* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Dec 2010, 01:43 AM   #9 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Hector Marin is on a distinguished road

The reason why is because attitude era fans ONLY WANT nudity,cusing,and promos in wrestling ... they dont care about wrestling.there wasnt that much wrestling that time but the ppvs and promos were AWESOME!!!!!! but theres some better and more new talent

like:miz,morrison,mercury,punk,kennedy,styles,shel ley,and the list keeps on going.

like i was saying, attitude era fans want x-rated stuff ,and promos.they want wrestling on ppvs only.
Hector Marin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Dec 2010, 01:48 AM   #10 (permalink)
Jobber

Derrick Edmonds is on a distinguished road

true
Derrick Edmonds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Dec 2010, 01:54 AM   #11 (permalink)
Young Noob

S@VE_US.222 is on a distinguished road

I definitely agree with you, the problem is the AE fans hate the story-lines now and hate what the WWE management has done with what they enjoyed.
S@VE_US.222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Dec 2010, 01:59 AM   #12 (permalink)
rko
Jobber

rko is on a distinguished road

same storylines over and over. sames matches. For example one week it will be Miz vs. Orton, then next week is Miz and a partner vs. orton and a partner. Same stuff. they talk too much on the mic. I know its for kids but there were kids back in the attitude era also. It should of never changed. I mean i can see about sexual references they could of taken away...and tone down cursing a little. and blood needs to stay. WWE has become a soap-opera. It's a shame.
rko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Dec 2010, 02:03 AM   #13 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

CMPUNKlookslikeJesuswithhairs is on a distinguished road

'cause WE miss everything that happened back in the 2000's.

I mean we had bloodshed, best storylines, superstars like Rock, Stone Cold...

Nowadays WWE is boring and same storylines such as John Cena being a hero and winning every matches.

And it is also childish. I mean bleeding and headshot is banned. What would be banned next? Wrestling?
CMPUNKlookslikeJesuswithhairs is offline   Reply With Quote