ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

Quick poll. Best answer goes to the person who justifies their response the best.?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29 Dec 2010, 09:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

NotATrollLOL is on a distinguished road
Default Quick poll. Best answer goes to the person who justifies their response the best.?

I watched wrestling like WWF and NWO and stuff when I was younger. However, it was sheerly for entertainment purposes as I knew nobody could fight that much and not get KO'd or bleed.

I'm just interested to know how many people still watch wrestling even though they know it's all show and acting?

Also, how many of you truly believe wrestling is real (this includes all the drama that goes on as well as the fighting).

Remember, best answer goes to the person who justifies their response the best!
NotATrollLOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Dec 2010, 09:38 PM   #2 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

KNC :) is on a distinguished road

I watch wrestling because it's entertaining. I mean, i know it's scripted, but i don't think the fighting is fake. It's also funny sometimes when you see how badly they make the move look when their doing it, cuz their not really doing it. Like when Cena is doing the five knuckle shuffle or whatever, the camera view always changes, and sometimes you even see his fist hit the mat above the persons head, lol. I just watch it, cuz it's something to watch on a Monday, when nothing else is on, and it's entertaining. Much rather watch that than half of the other stuff on TV.
KNC :) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Dec 2010, 09:42 PM   #3 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Undertaker 17-0 wrestlemania is on a distinguished road

yeah WWF and NWO was better then this garbage script writers bring us today

1st question: I still watch it when I can and i've known since about a couple years after I started watching it was fake ( I was 6 when I started watching it) but yet I still love watching it

question 2: I know this stuff is fake if people could really take chair shots to the face and not bleed then they would have to be the world strongest faced person lol. and most of the drama is retarded to if drama like that was real everyone would be getting beat up.

this is my opinion anyway
Undertaker 17-0 wrestlemania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Dec 2010, 09:47 PM   #4 (permalink)
Don
Jobber

Don is on a distinguished road

I knew it was fake before I started watching. I got hooked though casue Ms. Elizabeth was SO FINE. I knew people here there, but I got hooked completely when the Mega Powers exploded back in 1989. I was actually believing it was real until Undertaker started turning the lights on with his arms, but I was too hooked to stop watching.
Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Dec 2010, 09:52 PM   #5 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Radian is on a distinguished road

see for me when a show is very put together it just takes you away to a whole nother world and you forget that it's all scripted. kinda like a really good movie would. but I think the other reason too is because I'm training to be a diva so it really helps if I watch, and in a way I can totally relate to what they're doing up there so it just makes the experience of watching it ten times better.

Idk if this'll make any sense to you lol, but I hope it does
Radian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Dec 2010, 09:57 PM   #6 (permalink)
Jobber

matt is on a distinguished road

i watch tna every thursday. i always knew it was fake. i watch it just for entertainment purposes. some stuff is real though. most of the real stuff results as injuries. since wwe became pg- all the blood is real.
matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Dec 2010, 10:02 PM   #7 (permalink)
Jobber

Alberto Del Rio is on a distinguished road

Can I get best answer?
Alberto Del Rio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Dec 2010, 10:12 PM   #8 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Griffin C is on a distinguished road

I think most people know that it's fake, but its still very entertaining to watch. I mean, we watch movies all the time and those are all fake except for documentaries. People are always bashing on wrestling saying its fake but really, it is probably one of the hardest jobs in the world. Their schedule on a day-to-day basis is pretty much:

6:00-7:00AM- Wake up and get ready, eat breakfast

7:00-10:00AM- Travel to wherever the next show is

10:00-12:00PM- Work out and get prepared for the match

12:00-2:00PM- Sign autographs and do promotions

2:00-5:00PM- Go over the match and prepare for show

5:00-7:00PM- Do a rehearsal for the show

7:00-10:00PM- Show

10:00-6:00AM Leave and go to the hotel and sleep.

Then they do it all over again, so nobody can say that being a wrestler is easy. Personally i think wrestling is entertaining (AKA World Wrestling ENTERTAINMENT). When you see someone jump from the top of a steel cage 20 feet in the air and land on someone just gives you a feeling that cant be duplicated by any other show, whether its fake or not.
Griffin C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Dec 2010, 10:17 PM   #9 (permalink)
Jobber

lotsofotherstuff is on a distinguished road

Well I watch it.. I know its not real real. But who does? The term kayfabe is basically gone today, and today anyone can find out about basically anything, so I dont think there is alot of people that still think its real.

As to why I watch it? I find it really entertaining and engaging.
lotsofotherstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Dec 2010, 10:22 PM   #10 (permalink)

Dorothy is on a distinguished road

Even though everything on there is planned out and fake, I watch cuz its entertaining.
Dorothy is offline   Reply With Quote