ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

what happened to the TNA show on mondays?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27 Dec 2010, 06:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Solo Dolo is on a distinguished road
Default what happened to the TNA show on mondays?

weren't they going head to head against the wwe on raw is war?? i don't see tna mondays on spike tv anymore, did it get cancel??

any info. on this??
Solo Dolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Dec 2010, 07:02 PM   #2 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Chicago Knight is on a distinguished road

WWE annihilated them and they ran back to thursday night with their tails between their legs.
Chicago Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Dec 2010, 07:07 PM   #3 (permalink)
Jobber

josh is on a distinguished road

In an interview with either Dixie Carter or Eric Bichoff I remember them saying that Impact was moved back to Thursday nights in the best interests of the fans. Cant seem to find the interview on Youtube but I think they realized that TNA does fine on Thursday nights and doesn't need to try competing with Monday Night Raw...yet.
josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Dec 2010, 07:12 PM   #4 (permalink)
Jobber

T.A.B? is on a distinguished road

No TNA decided to move back to Thursday's because they were basically getting their ass kicked by WWE on Monday nights. TNA got 2.0 rating on their first night. 2.1 on the second week and then it went back to 1.8 and lower. They decided to move before they actually got canceled

totalyawesomeblog.wordpress.com
T.A.B? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Dec 2010, 07:17 PM   #5 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

The Silent Manipulator is on a distinguished road

TNA was on Monday nights and it did go head to head with the WWE Raw. I still remember the date as January 4th, 2010. They gathered up Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair and even Jeff Hardy to go up against the WWE. Raw's rating was about 3.6 or so, TNA's rating went up, but only to about 1.5. Even Smackdown that week did better. With Raw bringing in Bret Hart, it did scare some WWE officials such as Vince McMahon, having to bring in a legend in the WWE, but it worked out and in my opinion, Raw would have gotten the same rating with or without Hart.

TNA went back to Thursday nights after failing to even compete with Raw. TNA is a known show by many wrestling fans, but they don't have what it takes that the WWE that Vince has turned to what it is today. WWE travels not only around The United States, but around the entire world. TNA is mostly in Florida for everything. Let's compare WWE's Wrestlemania to TNA's Bound For Glory. While the entire world is watching the biggest stage held in football fields breaking records in attendance, TNA is held in a small arena where the Los Angeles Clippers can get more attendance than TNA's biggest event of the year. Before that, TNA's main PPV was held in a college gym I believe. That is really sad knowing a company with that big of a name has such a small fan base. Let's face it, WWE in a couple of years will go after the brand new Cowboys Stadium and that can get more attendance than all the TNA shows the entire year. It only took 5 years before WWE took over Ford Field when it first opened.
The Silent Manipulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Dec 2010, 07:22 PM   #6 (permalink)
Jobber

kydragon is on a distinguished road

TNA moved back to Thursdays in May 13th at their old timeslot
kydragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Dec 2010, 07:27 PM   #7 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Erick is on a distinguished road

They got crushed in the Monday Night Wars Ratings by WWE Raw.
Erick is offline   Reply With Quote