ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Games & Technology

Games & Technology Want the latest news and cheats of your favorite game? Wanna talk about upcoming games? Wanna talk about your favorite comics, or toys and other hobbies?

Xbox vs. PS2...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23 Feb 2009, 09:47 PM   #1 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC
Default Xbox vs. PS2...

Okay...I've played both.

First of all, I'd like to thank my Playstation 3 for crapping out on me...otherwise I might never have had the chance to play KOTOR.

Secondly...I'd like to ask anyone who was gaming in 2003...was it really that bad a year in gaming that KOTOR won over 40 Game Of The Year awards?? I don't recall it being so...but...

I mean I like the game and all but let's face it...if it wasn't a "Star Wars" game, it'd be a worthless piece of crap that I wouldn't even play for free.

And now...onto what I have to say. The Xbox wasn't any better than PS2.

Oh sure...if you're a modder or an IT guy or just really handy with computers and whatnot, the Xbox is a fantastic piece of machinery, and I have no problems saying that. And unlike PS2 fanboy, I'll say it...the Xbox was probably just as good a console as the PS2.

But from a casual/regular gamer's perspective, it wasn't better, and not by a longshot. First of all...and I have the S controller...it weighs a WORLD more than the PS controller does and it's far too big...yes, even the vaunted S controller.

The controls themselves weren't bad...at least not as bad as I'd envisioned it'd be...as the control scheme was basically the same button configuration as the PS stick with two extra (mostly useless) buttons and the analog sticks all out of whack...but I imagine Sony probably patented their controller design, otherwise the Xbox analogs would probably be inline like they should be.

But anyways, I've played KOTOR, Spiderman 2, Prince of Persia Warrior Within, 007 Everything or Nothing, Medal of Honor: Frontline, Wolverine's Revenge, Robotech Battlecry and I've dabbled in KOTOR II.

The gameplay isn't that bad. The controller is too big and clunky but it's not insurmountable, and honestly the gameplay doesn't suffer too much. The graphics...are not noticeably better. I've played Spiderman 2 and PoP:WW both on Xbox and PS2 and neither game on the Xbox looked in any way noticeably better than it did on PS2, in fact I'd say the PS2 versions both looked better, but it's entirely possible that they were designed on PS2 and ported to Xbox, which would explain that.

That being said...KOTOR does not have great graphics...even in the very VERY few legit CG cutscenes I've gotten to in the game, there's nothing...AT ALL...spectacular about the gfx. God of War and God of War II looked much better than any game I've played on the Xbox...and I'm talking about both gameplay AND CG cutscenes.

Honestly...the CG cutscenes in GOWII are probably as good as at least half that are on current gen (READ: PS3/360) games, maybe more...they were that good.

But the gfx for Fight for NY are better than the KOTOR gfx...seriously. That was like...the one thing...the one and only thing that casual/regular Xbox fanboys had over their PS counterparts...

...and it was all just a fuckin lie.

Don't get me wrong...by last gen standards I find very little wrong with the Xbox, and like I said earlier if I knew anything about hardware and coding and shit, the Xbox might've become my best friend...

...but come on. That whole Fanboy thing was all for nothing. The Xbox wasn't really any better for regular Joes than the PS2 was. Just my opinion.

God, I can't wait to get my PS3 back so I can send the Xbox up to my kids' bedroom. PS3 & 360 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> PS2 & Xbox.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.

Last edited by The Glue; 23 Feb 2009 at 09:51 PM.
The Glue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Feb 2009, 11:45 PM   #2 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

Sadly, I missed that generation of gaming. I remember bein' hyped as hell for the Xbox though and wanting one really badly.

I had a buddy who had both I think, and he brought his Xbox over a few times and we played NFL Fever. That game was pretty sweet. Other than that, I can't recall playin' anything on either.
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Feb 2009, 01:07 AM   #3 (permalink)
CK
Spin Doctor

CK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DC
Send a message via AIM to CK

first of all....I LOVED the original Xbox controller.
I refused to use the midget controllers.

NFL Fever was sweet as hell, I'm still upset that they dont make it anymore...fuck you Madden.

PS2 was cool...had some great games. But I still loved my Xbox far more.

CK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Feb 2009, 07:20 AM   #4 (permalink)
....Bang

Dante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of Famer

My opinion, I play both quite regularly and I can say that the XBOX360 has a slight edge over the PS3.

XBOX PROS:
> It's Cheaper
> Has a margainly better Customer Support System (Because they fucking break a lot)
> Better game library and exclusives (A MAJOR PLUS)
> The Controller is better for Shooters which is generally the main genre of gaming these days and Half the XBOX Gaming library

CONS
> More likely to fucking break
> Controllers are awkawd to use in other games that are not shooters

PS3 PROS:
> Online Network is Free (A MAJOR PLUS)
> Controller is better for all-round gaming
> Blu-Ray player and even hardware to power a supercomputer

CONS:
> Costs a fucking Lot of money
> Has all this fucking extra shit in it but its not backwards compatible.

Now controllers are somewhat important, If a game came out on both systems and I wanted it I'd proably get it on the PS3 (If it wasn't a Shooter). The only important thing is fucking games and quite frankly the XBOX has better selection and has more exclusive titles, Sony fucked themselves when hey revealled that only 2 models of the PS3 were backwards compatible. The 20GB which runs like shit and the 60 GB which are about as rare as smile on Clint Eastwood.

That and Sony keep losing the eexclusivity rights to some major Games, They lost Devil May Cry, Final Fantasy, Burnout and Tekken to name a few.

If XBOX gets the rights on Metal Gear, God of War or Kingdom Hearts it won't look good for Sony.

Last edited by Dante; 24 Feb 2009 at 07:27 AM.
Dante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Feb 2009, 12:17 PM   #5 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK
first of all....I LOVED the original Xbox controller.
I refused to use the midget controllers.

NFL Fever was sweet as hell, I'm still upset that they dont make it anymore...fuck you Madden.

PS2 was cool...had some great games. But I still loved my Xbox far more.
Of course they were perfect for you...up atop the Beanstalk there...

I just don't think there's enough of an advantage to having one over the other to merit the Fanboy Flame Wars that took place during the two consoles' heyday. Unless, like I said, you knew code and hardware and shit like that.

Now that I've had the opp to play PS2, Xbox and Gamecube...the only one that's really different was Gamecube, and even that had it's plusses and minuses.

And Madden has always been, and will forever be, the shit. Even back on from Genesis to PS to PS2 to Xbox to 360 and PS3...Madden is the shit.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
Old 24 Feb 2009, 12:53 PM   #6 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

Well this was about Xbox vs. PS2 and how ridiculous that whole Fanboy Flame War that raged for 6 years over those two consoles was, but okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante
That and Sony keep losing the eexclusivity rights to some major Games, They lost Devil May Cry, Final Fantasy, Burnout and Tekken to name a few.
LMAO...yeah...those are by and large games for 12 year olds. I don't sweat that at all.

First of all, Sony’s not going out of business anytime soon, and that is probably the only thing that would cause them to halt production of PS3s and development of PS4. Sure…they don’t have the hardware numbers of 360 or Wii, but last I checked Gamecube didn’t exactly put Nintendo out of the gaming industry, so…

Add to that the fact that PS3s saw a 40% increase in sales for fiscal 2008, and due to exclusive software releases and this long alleged price drop that’s supposed to hit between April and June, Sony’s outlook for 09 and going forward is pretty much sunshine and clear skies.

I mean, seriously…in ANY year to see an increase of sales by 40% is remarkable, no matter how lackluster sales the previous year have been. But then you take into account the fact that there’s a Global Recession going on…and PS2 and PSPs are still strong sellers for Sony…yeah…like I said, they’re not going out of business anytime soon.

I really couldn't care less if their sales "catch up" to MS or Nintendo...I'm not a stockholder. And look at this year's roster of exclusive games. Yeah...PS3 isn't going anywhere, so there's no reason to even be concerned.

As for the games…well that’s easy.

Metal Gear won’t happen. Not after Kojima/Konami did the 360 fanbase with that whole “The Next Metal Gear Will Be…” thing. That was cruel. Okay, I thought it was only Ac!d, which wasn’t really any big news for either PS3 or 360 fans because…it’s Ac!d…

…but for that to be just a teaser for their iPhone game?? That was low. I don’t think they’d have did 360 users like that if they meant to bring them product in the future. Even still, Solid Snake’s story is done. They may do more with Naked Snake…I’d prefer Konami revisits Liquid Snake’s time in Iraq, myself…but there may not be another MG game period.

And if there even is another MG game and if in that instance it is released multiplatform...who cares?? So 360 users get to play the best Stealth Combat franchise ever. What, am I going to be angry at that or something?? Please. That fanboy stuff is for the 12 year olds.

Thing is though that MGS4 filled up the Blu Ray disc it’s on. No $199.99 360 is going to be able to run a new MG game. Not the way Kojima makes them, anyways. And even if they do release a multiplatform MG game, I don’t see the harm in it at all. I mean come on…Final Fantasy, MGS…those are niche games. No console is going to live or die based on having those games, otherwise MGS4 would’ve shot PS3 through the roof.

God Of War is a Sony Property, so it’s exclusivity to the PS platform is not in question. It’s a shame for 360 users who don’t already have PS3, because IMO God Of War is the best franchise ever and when GoWIII comes out, it will probably take MGS4’s place atop my list of best video games ever.

And Kingdom Hearts??! My 8 year old wouldn't play a Kingdom Hearts game.

But yeah, this was about PS2 and Xbox and how the whole Fanboy Flame War surrounding them was a big waste of time for all involved. PS3 and 360 are both fantastic systems, and someday I hope to have both...even if the only 360 exclusive game I'd play is Gears Of War and Gears Of War 2.

…just gotta get the damn Wii first…

Last edited by The Glue; 24 Feb 2009 at 12:56 PM.
Old 24 Feb 2009, 01:35 PM   #7 (permalink)
Tumbleweed

xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.

Kojima Productions is working on MGS5.

360 is winning because they have put tons more into marketing.

Modded Xbox > PS2

Unmodded Xbox < PS2
xer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Feb 2009, 01:49 PM   #8 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by xer0
Kojima Productions is working on MGS5.
I know...EXISTANCE or something I think they patented for it. I hope it has online...MGO = ten win!!~!

Is there any news on the storyline?? The fanboys have no idea. I want to be LIQUID IN IRAQ!!!!!!!!!~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xer0
360 is winning because they have put tons more into marketing.

Modded Xbox > PS2

Unmodded Xbox < PS2
Well, 360 is also way more affordable, has gfx that for the most part are just as good, has good games, got exclusive DLC for GTA IV, has a truly open ended RPG in Fable...etc, etc...

The $199 pricetag has got to be the big thing though. Come on...if I didn't have a PS3 and a wife (and set of kids) that is clamoring for a Wii, I'd already have a 360.

But the first time I turned on the Xbox (NOT 360) and saw all those modding options...I said to myself, "damn you should've learned to code."

Is the 360 as mod friendly as the Xbox??

Old 24 Feb 2009, 02:09 PM   #9 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

The 360/PS3 fanboy wars are even worse.

N4G is home of some horrible fanboys. They have arguments over stupid shit there, and some of the worst comparisons. Right now, they're fighting over whether or not Killzone 2 and Halo Wars are gonna have midnight releases at GameStop.

Have you seen the fanboy metacritic wars? Google it. You'll see how pathetic these people are.
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Feb 2009, 07:59 PM   #10 (permalink)
....Bang

Dante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Glue View Post
Well this was about Xbox vs. PS2 and how ridiculous that whole Fanboy Flame War that raged for 6 years over those two consoles was, but okay.

LMAO...yeah...those are by and large games for 12 year olds. I don't sweat that at all.

First of all, Sony’s not going out of business anytime soon, and that is probably the only thing that would cause them to halt production of PS3s and development of PS4. Sure…they don’t have the hardware numbers of 360 or Wii, but last I checked Gamecube didn’t exactly put Nintendo out of the gaming industry, so…

Add to that the fact that PS3s saw a 40% increase in sales for fiscal 2008, and due to exclusive software releases and this long alleged price drop that’s supposed to hit between April and June, Sony’s outlook for 09 and going forward is pretty much sunshine and clear skies.

I mean, seriously…in ANY year to see an increase of sales by 40% is remarkable, no matter how lackluster sales the previous year have been. But then you take into account the fact that there’s a Global Recession going on…and PS2 and PSPs are still strong sellers for Sony…yeah…like I said, they’re not going out of business anytime soon.

I really couldn't care less if their sales "catch up" to MS or Nintendo...I'm not a stockholder. And look at this year's roster of exclusive games. Yeah...PS3 isn't going anywhere, so there's no reason to even be concerned.

As for the games…well that’s easy.

Metal Gear won’t happen. Not after Kojima/Konami did the 360 fanbase with that whole “The Next Metal Gear Will Be…” thing. That was cruel. Okay, I thought it was only Ac!d, which wasn’t really any big news for either PS3 or 360 fans because…it’s Ac!d…

…but for that to be just a teaser for their iPhone game?? That was low. I don’t think they’d have did 360 users like that if they meant to bring them product in the future. Even still, Solid Snake’s story is done. They may do more with Naked Snake…I’d prefer Konami revisits Liquid Snake’s time in Iraq, myself…but there may not be another MG game period.

And if there even is another MG game and if in that instance it is released multiplatform...who cares?? So 360 users get to play the best Stealth Combat franchise ever. What, am I going to be angry at that or something?? Please. That fanboy stuff is for the 12 year olds.

Thing is though that MGS4 filled up the Blu Ray disc it’s on. No $199.99 360 is going to be able to run a new MG game. Not the way Kojima makes them, anyways. And even if they do release a multiplatform MG game, I don’t see the harm in it at all. I mean come on…Final Fantasy, MGS…those are niche games. No console is going to live or die based on having those games, otherwise MGS4 would’ve shot PS3 through the roof.

God Of War is a Sony Property, so it’s exclusivity to the PS platform is not in question. It’s a shame for 360 users who don’t already have PS3, because IMO God Of War is the best franchise ever and when GoWIII comes out, it will probably take MGS4’s place atop my list of best video games ever.

And Kingdom Hearts??! My 8 year old wouldn't play a Kingdom Hearts game.

But yeah, this was about PS2 and Xbox and how the whole Fanboy Flame War surrounding them was a big waste of time for all involved. PS3 and 360 are both fantastic systems, and someday I hope to have both...even if the only 360 exclusive game I'd play is Gears Of War and Gears Of War 2.

…just gotta get the damn Wii first…
First off those games rule and are among my personal favourites of all time, Devil May Cry is basically Dark God of War done by the Resident Evil team over at Capcom, Burnout has made Car racing games awesome by making a mistake like crashing into fucking slow motion art, Tekken is a great technical fighter game and a bastard child of the Virtua Fighter format where you can't button mash to win. Where as the Final Fantasy acquisition was gigantic, Millions of people around the World play Final Fantasy, most of them are loyal fans that grew up playing them and are well into their 20s and 30s. All those games are too sellers and franchises and are mass money makers. Whether or not you think they should be relegated to 12 year olds.

I have no idea what you're going on about for so long but anything can happen, People back out of deals, development companies can go into liquidation during this recession and could opt for a cross-platform release rather then an exclusive to ensure they make money. Look at the Grand Theft Auto franchise, for a while you could only play them on a Sony system (Or a Computer) then when the Rights got sold off to Microsoft after San Andreas they quickly made several ports to the XBOX, Soon after could buy Vice City and San Andreas on XBOX as they released them in GTA packs after they finally acquired distrubution rights. It was a smart move by Rockstar to opt for that because now they own a Flying Castle.

Also It isn't impossible to port Metal Gear over to the 360, they might have to compress the game which wouldn't be too hard to do and they might have to put it on multiple discs (as Otacon said in a joke in the game) but it isn't impossible. But of course MGS4 has been and gone and MS could cut a deal with Kojima Productions in the future for a compressed version of MGS5, You never know. Same could go for God of War IV. Money can quite easily sway loyality...

Kingdom Hearts would be another Huge Title acquisition as well, Kingdom Hearts sell like fucking crack all over the World. People like playing games that seem to inject Nostalgia straight into their blood system. Final Fantasy and Disney are two giant studios with a world wide presence. It would be like if there was a MMORPG but instead of Hero Classes they had Licensed Marvel Comic book heroes, that game would sell like $5 Blowjobs.

Of course overall the major issue is the Wii, While the XBOX and PS3 are off trying to prove themselves as a "True" Ultimate Gaming console the Wii is just sitting on top as a cute fucking toy that seems to print money. Those geniuses at Nintendo somehow made an inferior console the benchmark, impressive considering how the Gamecube was pretty much a footstool in the last gaming generation. However I would actualy say the domination of the Wii is a blessing a curse, Its good because Nintendo didn't fucking die off like Atari but it's holding Gaming back from entering the World of HD Gaming when the top Video Game console is pretty much a Nintendo PS2 with motion controllers.

(Most of that was me defending the games I love, Fuck you 12 year olds my ass)

Last edited by Dante; 24 Feb 2009 at 08:03 PM.
Dante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Feb 2009, 09:29 AM   #11 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by STICK
The 360/PS3 fanboy wars are even worse.

N4G is home of some horrible fanboys. They have arguments over stupid shit there, and some of the worst comparisons. Right now, they're fighting over whether or not Killzone 2 and Halo Wars are gonna have midnight releases at GameStop.

Have you seen the fanboy metacritic wars? Google it. You'll see how pathetic these people are.
Yeah...the next gen Fanboy Squabbles are teh suck. Sometimes it seriously makes me weep for the future, knowing that is how today's 12 and 13 year olds think. I mean...I had a great time playing NES and later SNES with my friends back in the day and they had a great time playing on my Sega Master System and later Genesis.

And I haven't checked out too much of the metacritic thing, but I've seen that even before the Killzone 2 demo even dropped, PS3 fanboys gave it 100% and 360 fanboys gave it 0%.

I've checked out N4G a few times...it's pretty ridiculous at times over there.

And Dante...sorry, but my 8 year old actually did scoff at the wife when she'd gotten him I think it was KH or KH2.

Tekken, Burnout, etc...yeah, I just don't really know anyone who actually likes those games anymore. Tekken peaked with Tekken 3. And really...I mean fighting games in general are so Sega Saturn.

I just fail to see how a racing game, fighting game and Disney game hold the key to Sony's future in console gaming.

And I've never liked the DMC series. I tried to, several times...it just didn't work for me.

Also...while it certainly "lost" the last generation "battle," Gamecube was by far the most powerful console out there. I still toss around the idea of picking one up for RE(make), RE Zero, and the ports of RE2 and RE3...not to mention the remake of MGS. I know...total of 5 games, but they're soooooo worth it. Now that I have an Xbox I might as well.

Super Monkey Ball was pretty cool, too.

Old 25 Feb 2009, 10:09 AM   #12 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

Damn. Now I absolutely have to have a Gamecube.