ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Games & Technology

Games & Technology Want the latest news and cheats of your favorite game? Wanna talk about upcoming games? Wanna talk about your favorite comics, or toys and other hobbies?

KOTOR and KOTOR II

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20 Feb 2009, 01:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC
Default KOTOR and KOTOR II

Okay so like, we've got this Xbox for the kids while the PS3 is away getting fixed...

And last night I broke down and bought KOTOR and KOTOR II. Of course I'm going to play them in order, and the last RPG I played was either the original Bard's Tale and Bard's Tale II for PC...or it was a game of AD&D over at my friend Steve's house.

So far I like the game...but damn, combat is hellaclunky. I realize I have a ways to go in levelling up my guy but seriously if you're 20 feet away from someone, you should be able to hit them with a blaster shot.

And I love how even though it's a video game, the game referrs to attacks as "rolls."

I dunno. As a Star Wars Junkie, I like the game, but thusfar it's not as good as everyone made it out to be, and I don't really see myself continuing to play it after my PS3 is repaired and returned to me.

I certainly don't think I'll be adding RPGs to my repertoire...I dunno...I may rent Fallout 3 sometime down the line, but...

But basically my impression is that KOTOR, while pretty cool (for an RPG) was vastly overrated...I mean come on...it won 40 Game of the Year awards?? I just don't remember 2003 being that lame a year for gaming.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
The Glue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Feb 2009, 01:47 PM   #2 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

Never played either...but Mass Effect for the 360 (also made by Bioware) is incredible. It's a third person shooter RPG.

If you ever get a 360 or have a chance to play Mass Effect, I highly recommend Mass Effect.
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Feb 2009, 01:55 PM   #3 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC

If I ever do get a 360...I'll probably spend all my time in Gears Online MP.

I've heard a lot of great things about Mass Effect, and I'd certainly check it out if I did geet a 360...but if I do, it probably won't be until tax time next year at best...

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
Old 20 Feb 2009, 02:18 PM   #4 (permalink)
Tumbleweed

xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.

Gears MP is weak IMO...as are most modern RPG's.

Phantasy Star
Shining Force
Final Fantasy III (VI)
Chrono Trigger

These games were and still are much more interesting to me then the newer shit that is coming out. FF IX was the most recent RPG I was able to play through without being bored to sleep.
xer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Feb 2009, 02:20 PM   #5 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Glue View Post
If I ever do get a 360...I'll probably spend all my time in Gears Online MP.

I've heard a lot of great things about Mass Effect, and I'd certainly check it out if I did geet a 360...but if I do, it probably won't be until tax time next year at best...
Gears campaign is a fucking blast...the MP not so much. Maybe it's just because I suck at it, but I've never been a huge Gears MP fan. I definitely prefer Halo 3's MP

...and come on Glue, you just got that HUGE promotion. It's time to step up your 360 game
Old 20 Feb 2009, 02:57 PM   #6 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by STICK
Gears campaign is a fucking blast...the MP not so much. Maybe it's just because I suck at it, but I've never been a huge Gears MP fan. I definitely prefer Halo 3's MP

...and come on Glue, you just got that HUGE promotion. It's time to step up your 360 game
I know, I know...

But the wife really wants a Wii first......and then she wants a new HDTV...and we have to have work done on our roof, furnace and cars...on top of the scratch to repair the PS3...I'm sunk for now...

It's coming though...it's coming...

Old 20 Feb 2009, 03:32 PM   #7 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Glue View Post
I know, I know...

But the wife really wants a Wii first......and then she wants a new HDTV...and we have to have work done on our roof, furnace and cars...on top of the scratch to repair the PS3...I'm sunk for now...

It's coming though...it's coming...
A Wii??? Just tell her they're still sold out everywhere. It wouldn't be a lie because they are still hard to come by, which I absolutely don't understand. I can't wrap my head around the idea that so many people are buying these things
Old 20 Feb 2009, 04:25 PM   #8 (permalink)
CK
Spin Doctor

CK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DC
Send a message via AIM to CK

Quote:
Originally Posted by xer0 View Post
Phantasy Star
Shining Force

These games were and still are much more interesting to me then the newer shit that is coming out. FF IX was the most recent RPG I was able to play through without being bored to sleep.
word yo

and thats part of the reasons I bought Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection

Altered Beast, Golden Axe, Phantasy Star 2-4, Shining Force 1-2, Shinobi, Streets of Rage, etc etc etc....

best collection ever.

Upgraded to 720

CK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Feb 2009, 04:26 PM   #9 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!

Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.
Send a message via MSN to Trevelbond

Blasters suck. Use swords.

Loved KOTOR. KOTOR II blew.
Trevelbond is offline   Reply With Quote