ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Games & Technology

Games & Technology Want the latest news and cheats of your favorite game? Wanna talk about upcoming games? Wanna talk about your favorite comics, or toys and other hobbies?

2010's Game of the Year

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15 Feb 2009, 03:29 AM   #1 (permalink)
Tumbleweed

xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.
Default 2010's Game of the Year

The reason I bought my PS3...God of War III.

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=8,0,0,0" id="gtembed" width="480" height="392"> <param name="allowScriptAccess" value="sameDomain" /> <param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /> <param name="movie" value="http://www.gametrailers.com/remote_wrap.php?mid=45514"/> <param name="quality" value="high" /> <embed src="http://www.gametrailers.com/remote_wrap.php?mid=45514" swLiveConnect="true" name="gtembed" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" allowFullScreen="true" quality="high" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="392"></embed> </object>

That's in-game...no shit.

- Unlike God of War 1 and 2 where there are only 15 enemies on screen, there will now be around 50 this time.
- You can ride monsters like the Cyclops and "control".
- Kratos on the PS2 used 5,000 polygons, now he uses 20,000.
- They made the weapons "better" so it adds more variety. Like with a different weapon, you don't get just a couple different attacks, but a whole different play style.
- The lion gauntlets are called Cestus.
- Enemy AI's are a lot smarter. Some of the enemies will be "commanders" and control the other grunts.
- Enemies will look different, even if they're the same type. Like, even though the skeleton soldiers are in the same category, they will have varied looks, so it's not like everyone looks the same.
- More boss fights than GoW 1, but less than GoW 2.
- No multiplayer.
- Hades boss fight confirmed.

Fucking ridiculous.

I will repeat this no less then once every 5 minutes while playing this game.

I didn't play either God of War game until well after I had my 360 and was used to "next-gen" graphics...but I swear they have impressed me more then many of the current 360 and PS3 games I've played. The presentation of them was/is so...huge...massive even...and this is on a fucking PS2.

With the power of the Cell and much much more size (Blu-Ray and HDD Installation) I'm excited to see how it all translates over. So far I have to say I am impressed.

I still haven't beaten God of War II...I've gotta find a way to finish it so I'm up to speed.

Fortunately I have a while.
xer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Feb 2009, 02:55 PM   #2 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC

ZOMG...d00d!!~! Kratos is still rocking the Golden Fleece!! Golden Fleece FTW!!~!

This is the reason I bought a PS3. There were other things that helped convince me, but in the end, God Of War is what tipped the scales. I'm fucking geeked.

And yeah...I hear that it's going to be another year, but I can wait. Unfortunately we're going to have to...but there's other things to keep me busy until then.

<embed src="http://blip.tv/play/ga9B7M1yjuRR" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="500" height="390" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed>

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
The Glue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Feb 2009, 12:20 AM   #3 (permalink)
a.k.a. Carabiniere

Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

YES x11!!!!!!

I *finally* have a reason to buy a PS3 cause I sure as hell ain't missing out on this.

I may even splurge a bit and buy the GoW3 Special Edition or whatever they may call it (cause you know there'll be one.)

Can't wait.

"The game of life is not so much holding a good hand as playing a poor one well" - Unknown
Scuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Feb 2009, 02:09 AM   #4 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

If that's the same trailer that's on the PSN Store, then it looks pretty badass. I might have to get it even though I've never played the first two.
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Feb 2009, 01:22 PM   #5 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

Looks like this will be getting an '09 release.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Via an official SCEA press release
Building on Sony Computer Entertainment America’s (SCEA) record year of sales in 2008 and the industry’s strongest software line-up to date, which included the breakout hits Metal Gear Solid ®4: Guns of the Patriots, Resistance 2™ and the genre-defying LittleBigPlanet™, PlayStation® is staged yet again to deliver another year of unmatched software content.

Kicking off the new line up, Killzone®2 is set to launch on February 27, 2009 and promises to be the industry’s first major gaming hit for 2009 as well as a key driver for PlayStation®3 (PS3™) hardware sales. Killzone 2 is thethird installment of the popular PlayStation-exclusive franchise, and the first of the series to appear on PS3. Delivering a truly immersive experience only possible through PS3’s Blu-ray gaming potential, Killzone 2 is already generating wide-spread critical acclaim, earning an impressive Metacritic score of 92.

The game ushers in an unprecedented year of titles to hit the PlayStation platform throughout the year including the blockbuster exclusives Uncharted 2: Among Thieves™, inFamous, MAG™, Heavy Rain, God of War® III and MLB® 09 The Show™.
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Feb 2009, 01:28 PM   #6 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC

OH SNAPZ??!~!

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
Old 20 Feb 2009, 03:46 PM   #7 (permalink)
Tumbleweed

xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.

Awesome.
xer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Feb 2009, 12:15 AM   #8 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by xer0
I still haven't beaten God of War II...I've gotta find a way to finish it so I'm up to speed.

Fortunately I have a while.
d00d...these were posted on the PSboards a minute ago. Check 'em out...God Of War II Speed Runs.

Here are the links to the bosses:

BTW the ending of GoW II is one of the craziest things I've seen...at least...until that trailer came out, anyways...

Last edited by The Glue; 24 Feb 2009 at 12:18 AM.