ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Games & Technology

Games & Technology Want the latest news and cheats of your favorite game? Wanna talk about upcoming games? Wanna talk about your favorite comics, or toys and other hobbies?

Halo Wars

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07 Feb 2009, 02:29 PM   #1 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC
Default Halo Wars

So the demo just came out the other day, and I had zero expectations for the game, simply because of my lack of experience with RTS games.

Based on the demo, I am seriously considering getting it. I had a blast. It probably helps that I'm a little familiar with the Halo Universe as well.

The CGI cutscenes in the game are FUCKING GORGEOUS...probably some of the best I've ever seen.

The controls are really good and it's easy to play once you learn them.

Before anyone says RTS are "ZomG t3h bAst on t3h PCz~!1!!!" I've never had a suitable rig for PC gaming, so I haven't had a chance to play one.

Here's a couple vids of it.

Cutscene
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/45157.html

Gameplay
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/45162.html

It kind of sucks that it's coming out just a few days after Killzone 2
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Feb 2009, 02:57 PM   #2 (permalink)
Tumbleweed

xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.

If my Xbox worked I still wouldn't play this game.

Next time I'll play a RTS is when Starcraft 2 is released.
xer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Feb 2009, 04:02 PM   #3 (permalink)
CK
Spin Doctor

CK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DC
Send a message via AIM to CK

starcraft 2 is NEVER coming out

CK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Feb 2009, 09:41 PM   #4 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.
Send a message via MSN to Jason Send a message via Yahoo to Jason

After the download taking ages to finish(damn slow internet) I was finally able to try out the demo.

It was pretty fun and like STICK I've had zero experience with RTS games and I wasn't sure if I would like it, I'm also pretty famliar with the Halo universe so I knew the stuff they were talking about in it.

I'm thinking of getting this when it comes out.
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Feb 2009, 10:28 PM   #5 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC

Not that I have a 360 or anything, cuz I don't... ...but RTSes just aren't for me. Well, I dunno...I might check out something like EndWar with voice control or something but I just don't see myself having a blast doing an RTS.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
The Glue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Feb 2009, 01:59 PM   #6 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Glue View Post
Not that I have a 360 or anything, cuz I don't... ...but RTSes just aren't for me. Well, I dunno...I might check out something like EndWar with voice control or something but I just don't see myself having a blast doing an RTS.
I thought the same thing dude, but this one was pretty fun

I thought about checking out the EndWar demo, but I never got around to it. Maybe I'll check it out sometime soon...although I really don't want to like it and add another game to my wishlist
Old 08 Feb 2009, 02:44 PM   #7 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Send a message via MSN to Spear Send a message via Yahoo to Spear

Looks pretty sweet.
Old 09 Feb 2009, 01:09 AM   #8 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Quote:
Originally Posted by STICK View Post
I thought the same thing dude, but this one was pretty fun

I thought about checking out the EndWar demo, but I never got around to it. Maybe I'll check it out sometime soon...although I really don't want to like it and add another game to my wishlist
Well I DLed the EndWar demo and couldn't get into it AT ALL. The voice command is cool, but it's really complicated and learning everything that you're commanding seems like it'd be more of a chore than anything.
Old 09 Feb 2009, 02:25 AM   #9 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Oh and here's another trailer that hasn't been officially released yet.

It's all cutscenes of course.

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=8,0,0,0" id="gtembed" width="480" height="392"> <param name="allowScriptAccess" value="sameDomain" /> <param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /> <param name="movie" value="http://www.gametrailers.com/remote_wrap.php?umid=304920"/> <param name="quality" value="high" /> <embed src="http://www.gametrailers.com/remote_wrap.php?umid=304920" swLiveConnect="true" name="gtembed" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" allowFullScreen="true" quality="high" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="392"></embed> </object>

I need this game NAO~!!11!
Old 09 Feb 2009, 05:34 PM   #10 (permalink)
CK
Spin Doctor

CK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DC
Send a message via AIM to CK

Quote:
Originally Posted by STICK View Post
I need this game NAO~!!11!
New Age Outlaws?

CK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Feb 2009, 04:40 AM   #11 (permalink)
SC
ATWA

SC is a god damn rich cunt.SC is a god damn rich cunt.SC is a god damn rich cunt.SC is a god damn rich cunt.SC is a god damn rich cunt.SC is a god damn rich cunt.SC is a god damn rich cunt.SC is a god damn rich cunt.SC is a god damn rich cunt.SC is a god damn rich cunt.SC is a god damn rich cunt.

I can't fucking wait for this game and am stoked that I already have it pre-ordered...along with a buddy of mine

I thought when I first heard of it I wasn't really gonna get it, but as it approached I got excited and the demo was so fucking awesome. Best demo ever