ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Games & Technology

Games & Technology Want the latest news and cheats of your favorite game? Wanna talk about upcoming games? Wanna talk about your favorite comics, or toys and other hobbies?

Favorite Games of the Year

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29 Dec 2008, 07:07 PM   #1 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.
Send a message via MSN to Jason Send a message via Yahoo to Jason
Default Favorite Games of the Year

Seeing as the year is drawing to a close I just thought I'd ask what were some of your favorite games that came out this year.

Gears of War 2
GTA IV
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2009
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
Rainbow Six Vegas 2
Super Smash Bros Brawl

That's about all I can think of for now.

Your turn.

Last edited by Jason; 29 Dec 2008 at 11:20 PM.
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Dec 2008, 10:54 PM   #2 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

Gears of War 2
GTAIV
Ninja Gaiden II
Rainbow Six Vegas 2

Fable 2 could be joining this list...
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Dec 2008, 11:25 PM   #3 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.

I knew I was forgetting something...

I added Rainbow Six Vegas 2 to my list.
Old 30 Dec 2008, 07:25 AM   #4 (permalink)
....Bang

Dante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of Famer

Favourite of the Year would hands down for me go to Metal Gear Solid 4, Big Metal Gear Fan, Loved the Games to Bits, Great End to the Series

LittleBigPlanet, Its Amazing

GTA IV was okay, still doesn't beat Vice City or San Andreas, I think they went too far with the Gritty Realism that it become more of a simulator then a game.

And I don't have a Xbox 360 so I can't really pick one, I suppose Halo 3, that was pretty fucking Good whenever I play it at a Mate's house.

Smash Bros Brawl was nothing special, after all that waiting and Hype I was expecting the game to fucking blow me.

But for the main part of the year I've been finishing off RPG's from the Last Generation of Games, Kingdom hearts II, Final Fantasy XII, Dragon Quest VII and Shadow of the Colossus. (Shadow isn't really an RPG, it's just fucking Epic)

Last edited by Dante; 30 Dec 2008 at 07:28 AM.
Dante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Dec 2008, 03:54 PM   #5 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

K I got Fable 2 last night and I played it all night until like 8:00 or 9:00 this morning It's pretty fun and there's so much to do in it.
Old 30 Dec 2008, 07:50 PM   #6 (permalink)
a.k.a. Carabiniere

Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STICK View Post
K I got Fable 2 last night and I played it all night until like 8:00 or 9:00 this morning It's pretty fun and there's so much to do in it.
There's a cheat for that game to make a bunch of money.

1. Buy as much property as you can afford.
2. Go to your dashboard and unhook the internet connection.
3. Set the date as far back as it'll go.
4. Sign into the game and log in to your character. Save.
5. Go back to the dashboard and set the date as far forward as it'll go.
6. Go back to the game and start up your character again.
7. Profit.

You can do this as many times as you want and keep buying property to raise the amount of money you get each time. Just make sure to have the internet unplugged when you do it or it'll auto-set the date.

On topic. I wasn't impressed with hardly any of the games that came out this year. Fallout 3 was VERY VERY good but other than that they were all "meh". I have been playing WoW: WrOTLiK a bit lately tho. DKs are OP.

Oh, and Halo 3 was last year.

"The game of life is not so much holding a good hand as playing a poor one well" - Unknown
Scuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Jan 2009, 06:31 PM   #7 (permalink)
Heavyweight

I'll add Left 4 Dead and Fable 2 to my list.

I bought both of them recently and they're both great games.
Old 03 Jan 2009, 07:11 PM   #8 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Send a message via MSN to Spear Send a message via Yahoo to Spear

Rainbow Six Vegas 2
Fallout 3
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed.

I'll throw Left For Dead on there for shits and giggles, although I found the PC version vastly superior to the console version.
Old 05 Jan 2009, 04:06 PM   #9 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

Mirrors Edge is awesome.

GOW 2, it's not really overrated, I was just saying that.

GTA 4, was the shit, but what happened to the dl missions?

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Jan 2009, 09:35 PM   #10 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo View Post
GTA 4, was the shit, but what happened to the dl missions?
The first batch is coming in February. There's a trailer on the Marketplace. The episode is called "GTAIV: The Lost and Damned". You play the part of Johnny Klebitz, who's in a biker gang. There will be new character, new missions and new weapons. The story arc is said to intersect somewhere with Niko.
Old 08 Jan 2009, 04:54 PM   #11 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC

In GTA IV's DLC you play as a member of The Lost Biker Gang, who you may recall Niko pretty much wiped out at the behest of Faustin. Someone please let me know how that all goes, as I understand DLC may be possibly coming to PS3 also.

My favorite game of the year is easily Metal Gear Solid 4. Best game I've ever played on any platform.

The story was absolutely epic...and it was one of the more dialled down storylines of the series.

The graphics remain an unparalleled acheivement in gaming. That's not just my opinion, either.

The gameplay was ultra slick and very intuitive.

Replay value is through the roof. I almost never replay games start to finish, but I've played MGS4 from beginning to conclusion 4 seperate times.

Metal Gear Online is the shit. Plain and simple, the shit. I tried playing GTA Online for the first time in a WHILE a couple of nights ago and compared to MGO it's absolute crap. I'll never play GTA Online again unless something happens to the MGO servers.

Metal Gear Solid 4.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
The Glue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Jan 2009, 06:13 PM   #12 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!

Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.
Send a message via MSN to Trevelbond

LittleBigPlanet
GTA IV
Fallout 3

I also just got my new gaming rig in August, so I played Bioshock, Mass Effect, and HL2 thru HL2:E2. All were new to me and fucking awesome. Especially HL2.
Trevelbond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Jan 2009, 10:01 PM   #13 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Glue View Post
In GTA IV's DLC you play as a member of The Lost Biker Gang, who you may recall Niko pretty much wiped out at the behest of Faustin. Someone please let me know how that all goes, as I understand DLC may be possibly coming to PS3 also.
I'd like to know how it'd come to PS3 when MS paid $50 million for two exclusive downloadable episodes
Old 08 Jan 2009, 10:24 PM   #14 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by STICK
I'd like to know how it'd come to PS3 when MS paid $50 million for two exclusive downloadable episodes
It's all rumor right now, but it's getting more and more prevalent among the PS3 fanboys.

I don't know if it's going to be the same content and I know that if it does come, it won't be until around the fourth quarter of 09 but the fanboys have been chattering about it...and they're chattering more and more since the release of XBL's DLC is impending.

It could be jealousy...I wouldn't put it past them...and some fanboys do outright say "The PS3DLC is a lie."

But I don't know. I called them all morons when they said Bioshock was coming to PS3 and they called me an idiot when it finally did. All I had to respond with was..."Great. Just in time for the sequel to be released."

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
The Glue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Jan 2009, 11:54 PM   #15 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Glue View Post
It's all rumor right now, but it's getting more and more prevalent among the PS3 fanboys.

I don't know if it's going to be the same content and I know that if it does come, it won't be until around the fourth quarter of 09 but the fanboys have been chattering about it...and they're chattering more and more since the release of XBL's DLC is impending.

It could be jealousy...I wouldn't put it past them...and some fanboys do outright say "The PS3DLC is a lie."

But I don't know. I called them all morons when they said Bioshock was coming to PS3 and they called me an idiot when it finally did. All I had to respond with was..."Great. Just in time for the sequel to be released."

What site(s) do you go to? I need one that isn't N4G since that place is a huge fanboy war