ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Games & Technology

Games & Technology Want the latest news and cheats of your favorite game? Wanna talk about upcoming games? Wanna talk about your favorite comics, or toys and other hobbies?

Left 4 Dead

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04 Dec 2008, 01:30 AM   #1 (permalink)
a.k.a. Carabiniere

Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Default Left 4 Dead

Another Valve hit...no surprise there.

If you're looking for any story or plot whatsoever, go look elsewhere. All that's here is a team's (notice the emphasis) will to survive MASSIVE hordes of zombies zombies and more zombies. And they're "modern" zombies too, think 28 Days Later or Resident Evil: Apocalypse. You do get a very small taste of backstory in the opening cutscene, which is about 3 minutes, and that's really it. There are clues of a story going on if you pay attention to the writing left on the walls of the saferooms by other surviors that have since either left or died.. Anywho...if you don't have any way to play online, you're probably not going to like it much, so don't waste your money. You can play through the "campaign" (about 4 hours of playtime, give or take an hour or two) with AI bots, but the online co-op and Versus modes are where this game shines.

The co-op is pretty self explanatory. Play through the "story" with up to 3 friends. I keep [""ing] story and campaign because it's basically nonexistant. Out of the box you can play any of the four areas and any of the 5 chapters of those areas at anytime...no need to unlock anything.

And then there's the versus mode. Hands down the most fun I've had in a multiplayer game since Counter Strike (coincidence?). You play as either survivors (the same four characters you play the "campaign" with) or Infected (duh), which are played with any of four random "classes":

* The Hunter - The quick, agile, scare-the-shit-out-of-people-by-jumping-out-of-dark-corners-and-clawing-them-to-death type (most fun to play, IMO)

* The Boomer - The fat, slow, spit-bile-on-people type (the bile attracts the non-playable Horde class)

* The Smoker - Another ambush type, similar to the Hunter, but not as quick and agile. It's attack spits out a long tongue that pulls the victim back towards it, like a lasso. I guess it's more support than anything, it holds the victim in place while other zombies come and attack them.

* The Tank - Basically a zombie version of the Hulk. Considered to be a "boss". Has insane amounts of health and high resistance to gunfire. Can rip up the floor or ground and throw it at people, or just pummel them to death. These don't show up very often, but when they do it's only one at a time and usually a good time for the other classes to do alot of damage.

That's basically the game in a nutshell. There just isn't much else to it.

So, if you're a fan of zombies, Valve or just plain and simple fun, without all the glam and shine that most game makers try to throw together these days, this is a must play for you. It's most definitely worth the price to rent and you won't be disappointed if you impulse buy it. A 4.75 out of 5.

"The game of life is not so much holding a good hand as playing a poor one well" - Unknown

Last edited by Scuzz; 04 Dec 2008 at 10:58 AM.
Scuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Dec 2008, 02:22 AM   #2 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

I downloaded the demo and wasn't really all that impressed with it. It was alright, but it got boring to be honest.

Oh and the fire, at least in the demo, was some of the worst I've seen in a long time. It looked like they pulled it straight from the NES or some shit
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Dec 2008, 02:26 AM   #3 (permalink)
CK
Spin Doctor

CK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DC
Send a message via AIM to CK

Sorry, i already got an awesome zombie game....and for cheap too

Dead Rising has probably got more hrs logged than Madden at this point...I loves killin Zombies

CK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Dec 2008, 08:00 AM   #4 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Send a message via MSN to Spear Send a message via Yahoo to Spear

Left 4 Dead was WAY better on the PC than on the 360.
Old 04 Dec 2008, 11:14 AM   #5 (permalink)
a.k.a. Carabiniere

Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STICK View Post
Oh and the fire, at least in the demo, was some of the worst I've seen in a long time. It looked like they pulled it straight from the NES or some shit
That's just the way the Source engine renders fire. It's always been that way. Besides, looking pretty don't have any impact on whether a game is actually good or not. Just look at the two extremes; Crysis (horrible game) and Oregon Trail (who didn't like Oregon Trail day?).

"The game of life is not so much holding a good hand as playing a poor one well" - Unknown

Last edited by Scuzz; 04 Dec 2008 at 12:49 PM.
Old 04 Dec 2008, 05:56 PM   #6 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!

Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.
Send a message via MSN to Trevelbond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuzz View Post
Crysis (horrible game) and Oregon Trail (who didn't like Oregon Trail day?).
How was Crysis horrible?
Trevelbond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Dec 2008, 07:53 PM   #7 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.
Send a message via MSN to Jason Send a message via Yahoo to Jason

The demo was okay but I've been contemplating buying it anyways since I have 60 bucks to spend and I kind of want a new game,two of my friends at work keep on telling me how good the game is and keep telling me to buy it.

I dunno yet still.
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Dec 2008, 07:55 PM   #8 (permalink)
....Bang

Dante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of Famer

Cave to peer pressure Jason, CAAAAAAAAAAAAVE

You know what else you should do, Smoke.... Because Smoking is Cool, You wanna be cool right?
Old 04 Dec 2008, 07:58 PM   #9 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante View Post

You know what else you should do, Smoke.... Because Smoking is Cool, You wanna be cool right?
He already started smoking the hookah recently
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Dec 2008, 08:33 PM   #10 (permalink)
Tri
GAH!

Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Send a message via MSN to Tri Send a message via Yahoo to Tri

hookah, or weed?

either way, i'm gonna kill you saxton!
Old 04 Dec 2008, 10:28 PM   #11 (permalink)
a.k.a. Carabiniere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevelbond View Post
How was Crysis horrible?
It's just that the graphics were pretty much the selling point of the game. When it was released it was full of bugs and barely playable, even on an extremely high end system that was required to play it. It's like the developers were sitting around one day and thought "Let's make a game that is better graphically than anything before, forcing people to upgrade their systems. And then lets ship it unfinished and buggy, forcing buyers to rely on patches that may or may not fix the problems."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante View Post

From a smokers point of view, smoking isn't cool. I hate it. I want to quit so bad.. Unless we're talking about weed, in which case, disregard my previous statement.

BUT! Yes Jason, you should buy Left 4 Dead. You won't regret it. I wouldn't lie to you. So..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante
CAAAAAAAAAAAAVE

Old 04 Dec 2008, 10:29 PM   #12 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.
Send a message via MSN to Jason Send a message via Yahoo to Jason

Hookah.

I've only done it like 3 times and it's been about a month since the last time I went with my friends to do it,and it's not even that bad it just makes you lightheaded for a short period and relaxes you.

I'm pretty sure they wouldn't have a public lounge for it if it weren't okay.

I know I went off from the real topic...my bad
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Dec 2008, 02:52 AM   #13 (permalink)
CK
Spin Doctor

CK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuzz View Post
That's just the way the Source engine renders fire. It's always been that way. Besides, looking pretty don't have any impact on whether a game is actually good or not. Just look at the two extremes; Crysis (horrible game) and Oregon Trail (who didn't like Oregon Trail day?).
whats Oregon Trail day?

Old 05 Dec 2008, 02:56 AM   #14 (permalink)
CK
Spin Doctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
Hookah.

I've only done it like 3 times and it's been about a month since the last time I went with my friends to do it,and it's not even that bad it just makes you lightheaded for a short period and relaxes you.

I'm pretty sure they wouldn't have a public lounge for it if it weren't okay.

I know I went off from the real topic...my bad
Purple Sticky is allowed in public too....

but that shit fucks you up man....
I don't care what anybody says

its legal tho

Old 05 Dec 2008, 06:04 AM   #15 (permalink)
Tumbleweed

xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.

That is the only thing that would be in my hookah...if I had one to smoke on.

L4D...I dunno...seems cool...but also just not really interested in it.
xer0 is offline   Reply With Quote