ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Games & Technology

Games & Technology Want the latest news and cheats of your favorite game? Wanna talk about upcoming games? Wanna talk about your favorite comics, or toys and other hobbies?

Less than 24 hours away, bitches!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06 Nov 2008, 12:10 AM   #1 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC
Default Less than 24 hours away, bitches!!!

Gears of war 2 is releasing at 12:01 tomorrow night. I'm hittin' up the midnight release around 9:00 or so. Hopefully I can be firstish in line and be playin' it by about 12:20. I'm fuckin' stoked and can't wait. Work is gonna suck so bad tomorrow, but then I have at least two days off to have gaming bliss
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Nov 2008, 12:26 AM   #2 (permalink)
Sam
Property of the U.S. Gov.

Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via AIM to Sam Send a message via MSN to Sam Send a message via Yahoo to Sam

The guy at Taco Bell was telling me this. No clue why.
Old 06 Nov 2008, 12:28 AM   #3 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

^^^I was telling you because it's gonna rock. Don't worry about that discolored gooey stuff in your taco though
Old 06 Nov 2008, 01:01 AM   #4 (permalink)
Sam
Property of the U.S. Gov.

Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via AIM to Sam Send a message via MSN to Sam Send a message via Yahoo to Sam

Quote:
Originally Posted by STICK View Post
^^^I was telling you because it's gonna rock. Don't worry about that discolored gooey stuff in your taco though
What the sour cream?
Old 06 Nov 2008, 03:35 AM   #5 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
What the sour cream?
Yes...the "sour cream"
Old 06 Nov 2008, 09:44 AM   #6 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Send a message via MSN to Spear Send a message via Yahoo to Spear

I'm not looking forward to this at all. I never liked the first game. Chainsaw bayonetting someone was absolutely killer, but that was about it. I thought it had clunky controls, and just didn't enjoy playing it that much.
Old 06 Nov 2008, 12:58 PM   #7 (permalink)
Tumbleweed

xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.

GoW2 is fucking awesome.
xer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Nov 2008, 01:37 PM   #8 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

I got my preorder. I dunno. I'm debating if I should go for the midnight run. I think I'm just gonna pick it up after work tomorrow.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Nov 2008, 06:49 PM   #9 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.
Send a message via MSN to Jason Send a message via Yahoo to Jason

I pre ordered the limited edition with the gold lancer

I'll be picking it up tomorrow afer work and then I'll have all weekend to play it.

Ugh work is going to suck tomorrow

Last edited by Jason; 06 Nov 2008 at 06:52 PM.
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Nov 2008, 07:45 PM   #10 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spear View Post
I'm not looking forward to this at all. I never liked the first game. Chainsaw bayonetting someone was absolutely killer, but that was about it. I thought it had clunky controls, and just didn't enjoy playing it that much.
I know it's your opinion and all, but the controls are some of the best in a video game. Chainsaw bayonetting is awesome, but you know what's even better? Sniper headshots. Those PWN chainsaw bayonetting.

Also, this game is upping the executions on downed enemies with weapon specific executions, instead of just curb stomping, which is so very satisfying.

To each his own though
Old 07 Nov 2008, 08:15 AM   #11 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

Quote:
I know it's your opinion and all, but the controls are some of the best in a video game. Chainsaw bayonetting is awesome, but you know what's even better? Sniper headshots. Those PWN chainsaw bayonetting.

Also, this game is upping the executions on downed enemies with weapon specific executions, instead of just curb stomping, which is so very satisfying.

To each his own though
The thing I never cared for though, was the fact that once I got in cover, I could never seem to get out. Maybe it's just my lack of skill at GOW, but it seemed like I'd jump from one bit of cover to the next, when all I wanted to do, was get out of cover, run, then go to another bit of cover. I also didn't like when I'd get stuck on the wrong side of something and get the shit blown out of me, and be stuck in a spot where nobody could really help.
Old 07 Nov 2008, 10:13 AM   #12 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spear View Post
The thing I never cared for though, was the fact that once I got in cover, I could never seem to get out. Maybe it's just my lack of skill at GOW, but it seemed like I'd jump from one bit of cover to the next, when all I wanted to do, was get out of cover, run, then go to another bit of cover. I also didn't like when I'd get stuck on the wrong side of something and get the shit blown out of me, and be stuck in a spot where nobody could really help.
It has different contextual ways of getting out of cover that pop up on screen based on your surroundings and which way you're moving and such. If you're in cover on the left of a rock, and there's another rock up and to the left, if you hold up or whatever, and then hit the green button, you should move up and get into cover on that rock. I found it pretty intuitive. It did have it's moments of getting stuck on the wrong thing, but it worked a lot more often than it didn't...at least for me. Like any game's controls, it takes some practice to get used to.

I went to midnight release and got a code for a gold plated Hammerburst, which is pretty fuckin' sweet. I also got a code for a free Gears 2 theme the Limited Edition packaging is really awesome. The game itself is awesome too. I'm a little disappointed they changed the sniper rifle so much. The sound of it is way different, and the headshots seem way different too. Maybe I'll just have to get used to the changes.
Old 07 Nov 2008, 02:28 PM   #13 (permalink)
Tumbleweed

xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.

^How far are you?
xer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Nov 2008, 03:04 PM   #14 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

^^^Act three chapter four...I'm out in the hail stuff right now I think.
Old 07 Nov 2008, 03:32 PM   #15 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Quote:
It has different contextual ways of getting out of cover that pop up on screen based on your surroundings and which way you're moving and such. If you're in cover on the left of a rock, and there's another rock up and to the left, if you hold up or whatever, and then hit the green button, you should move up and get into cover on that rock. I found it pretty intuitive. It did have it's moments of getting stuck on the wrong thing, but it worked a lot more often than it didn't...at least for me. Like any game's controls, it takes some practice to get used to.
True, however I can think up several games I thought had better controls for cover/getting out of cover/moving. Rainbow Six Vegas 1&2 for instance, or Army of Two even. I guess the reason I liked the system in those games is because I always knew with one press or release of a button, I could haul ass to someplace else. With GOW I always seemed to be close to doing that, but never went where I wanted to go. I'd just go to another bit of cover, which a lot of times for me wasn't good. Thinking back on it, in GOW I had to plan where I'm moving a lot more than in RSV. Maybe that's it. It took away from the part of the game that I enjoy more.

However, if I come across this game, I'll give it a fair chance. I didn't like Midnight Club Two after all, but loved MC3.