ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Games & Technology

Games & Technology Want the latest news and cheats of your favorite game? Wanna talk about upcoming games? Wanna talk about your favorite comics, or toys and other hobbies?

Fuck the Madden Challenge...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04 Sep 2008, 11:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC
Default Fuck the Madden Challenge...

Shit...the closest one to me is prolly the one in Philly. Sure, there's the 2 NYC tournies but damn...never in my life do I want to go to NYC for anything.

Of course...there's the MC tourney in Boston on 10/05...but fucking A, EA...gamers don't live exclusively in NYC and SoCal. How about some fuckin love for the rest of the country, bitches??!

Oh well...

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
The Glue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Sep 2008, 01:56 AM   #2 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

How about you rant on Madden like you did on the PS3 forums?
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Sep 2008, 06:56 PM   #3 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC

LMAO...did that get all the way back here??

That was so hilarious. Motherfuckers were copying and pasting it to other forums, including the EA forums...as I understand it, more than a few people got IP banned for posting it...

I was just bitter at the time; I was still getting used to the difference from 08 to 09 and the going was getting rough...I'd fought hard to beat the Cowboys in Franchise mode and the damn thing froze up on me before I could save it...so I snapped.

It was therapeutic.

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
Old 05 Sep 2008, 07:13 PM   #4 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

Nah it didn't get back here...only to me I was trying to see if I could search by PS3 username, so I typed in something like "PSN TheGlue29" and came across it
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Sep 2008, 07:27 PM   #5 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

Just in case anyone's interested...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me, before I was able to acheive ownage on Madden 09
I've been playing Madden for 15 years...

...and I'm all set right now. I've never played it, but for God's sake, bring back the NFL2K series.

Madden 09 is GODAWFUL.

The turnovers are still absolutely ridiculous. I can win around them, but it's complete garbage. Stick a high school bench warmer in a real NFL game and he won't fumble as many times or throw as many INTs. There's no degree of realism there. At all.

The freezing. Single player...in Franchise...in the middle of a game. I can still hear the game...I can hear the huddle break...I can hear the snap...I can hear Cris Collinsworth's AWFUL AWFUL AWFUL commentary...but for some reason I'm still looking at the play selection screen. And I love going to the VR Trainer after a game and having it freeze up before I can save the results of the game I just played in Franchise Mode. Yeah...thanks, EA...by my count, there's three hours of my life completely wasted with ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO SHOW FOR IT...NOT EVEN A SAVE FILE...I'VE GOT TO WORK TOMORROW, BUT HEY...IT'S NOT LIKE I WORK FOR YOU SO WHO CARES...I SCRATCHED AND CLAWED MY WAY TO A HARD FOUGHT 10 PT VICTORY OVER DALLAS...BUT YOUR STUPID GAME AND IT'S MIND BOGGLINGLY BEAT GLITCHES WON'T LET ME SAVE IT...GEE, I REALLY WANTED TO PLAY THAT GAME AGAIN...THANKS, IDIOTS.

The graphics. Heh. Sure...the texture of the field looks better, but that's it. The player pics look like they were scanned off the back of a milk carton. The colors on the field are at times dull and grey. The scoreboard graphics look like I'm watching the same graphics for 08, only on the screen of a really, really, really bad and cheap cell phone. When the On Field Injury Screens come up...suddenly my machine goes from being a $500 PS3 graphics powerhouse to a 16 Bit Sega Genesis. The ball doesn't even freaking spin when it's thrown or kicked. Are you kidding me?

The VR Trainer. If this isn't the most useless piece of crap ever inserted into a game, then I'm a monkey's uncle. Are you serious here? The passing Trainer...ridiculous. IT DOESN'T EVEN TELL YOU WHAT ROUTES ARE BEING RUN ON THE ADVANCED TUTORIAL. ARE. YOU. KIDDING. ME. Someone tell those morons who code this crap, that on EVERY PLAY THAT'S CALLED, THE QB KNOWS WHAT THE ROUTES ARE. Taking the route indicator out of the tutorial doesn't make someone a gunslinger for passing...it makes them lucky AT BEST.

And the defensive VR is just horrendous. In pass coverage, the LB can't move but three or four yards to the left or right, and you can't switch players until the ball is thrown. GIMME A "C!!" GIMME AN "R!!" GIMME AN "A!!" GIMME A "P!!" WHAT'S THAT SPELL?? MADDEN FOOTBALL VR TRAINER, THAT'S WHAT!!!!!

I think I speak for most when I say that The Madden IQ nonsense needs to be taken out back and shot...several times...at point blank range...with a bazooka. Then it needs to be drawn, quartered and set on fire. Then the person who came up with the idea needs to be publicly executed.

Cris Collinsworth. I mean, are you serious?? The game that was once commentated by Pat Summerall, John Madden and Al Freaking Michaels?? I'll take the generic announcers from 08 over Collinsworth and whoever that is commenting with him. I mean come on...Cris Collinsworth? That guy is more annoying than gonnorhea. What in the world is he doing commenting in my $60 video game??!

I haven't finished a season yet, thanks to the ridiculous freezing issue...BTW...patch?? Maybe?? Fellas?? We are your loyal customers and personally, I can't even think of a reason (other than an effective monopoly on the NFL license in gaming) why I'm still loyal to you...so how about you losers throw us a bone??

But yeah...since I can't play at the rate I'd like due to the incompetence of the programmers at EA, I haven't even gotten a chance to see if they've fixed the DEEPLY FLAWED AND JUST PLAIN AWFUL DAMAGE that they've done to the Off Season Mode. Before PS3...Off Season mode in Franchise was the absolute best part of the game. Now, it's a throwaway at best. The scouting is so superficial that it's insulting, and the interface is totally lame. You can't even see how tall a player is until you click on their name and wait for the game to load their info...and if that guy isn't what you were looking for, then you have to go back out, wait for the scouting lobby to load, find someone else that you guess might be physically what you're looking for and go into their scouting screen...wait for the game to load it...and then repeat.

Sure...I'll keep playing...I'll get better and I'll roll to many Super Bowl wins in Franchise mode...just like always...but seriously, this game BLOWS, and it blows HARD. This is the worst experience I've had playing Madden. Actually, this is the worst experience I've had playing a football game since Joe Montana Sports Talk Football for Genesis. I expected improvements on 08...but the game just got a cheaper and crappier. So yeah...no 2010 for me. Probably no 2011, either. I mean come on...they've got exclusivity to the NFL License. It's not like they're under any pressure to improve the game or even make it enjoyable.

&$#@ you, EA. You suck, your mother sucks, and if I see you on the street, I'm going to fight you.

Like...the very next day I cornered exactly what I was doing wrong and started running away with games.

I got a kick out of it. The turnovers are still pretty bad, but nowhere near as bad as 08. I'm still on board with most of everything else I ranted about, though...the freezing, the VR Trainer, the unupdated and in some areas prehistoric looking gfx, the off season mode in Franchise, the Madden IQ, the Cris Collisnworthless...they all = teh suck.

The game itself is dope as hell, though.

Late.

Old 05 Sep 2008, 07:32 PM   #6 (permalink)
Nothing but the TrutHHH

Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.

^^^^Awesome...

^^^^Made by the Big Homie Stick...PC representer.
Tr(uth)iple H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Sep 2008, 10:08 PM   #7 (permalink)
Art is Resistance

Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via AIM to Dade Send a message via MSN to Dade

Madden always froze up on me, and these were the old school editions on SNES. I guess EA has to one bad copy slip by,