ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Games & Technology

Games & Technology Want the latest news and cheats of your favorite game? Wanna talk about upcoming games? Wanna talk about your favorite comics, or toys and other hobbies?

My New Rig

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07 Aug 2008, 05:03 AM   #1 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!™

Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.
Send a message via MSN to Trevelbond
Default My New Rig

I ordered a new gaming rig from Vigor Gaming a little while ago. So far I'm very impressed with the company. I put in the order at 4 pm last Tuesday and I got a call at 5 to confirm. That blew me away. Their prices are outstanding. If I just ordered the parts from New Egg it would have only been $200 cheaper. The warranty is three years, which is insane. Most places charge you extra for anything over a year. Oh, and free shipping. Anyway, here are the specs:

Quote:
Intelฎ Core™2 Quad-Core Processor Q9450 at 2.66GHz, 1333MHz FSB, 12M Cache

Vigor Cooler Master CM 690 Screwless Chassis

Top and Side 120MM Fan w/Deep Blue Lighting

Vigor Whisper Cool Powered by Asus Cooling System

Cooler Master Real Power Pro nVidia-SLI Certified 850Watt Power Supply

MSI P45 NEO2-FR Intel P45 DDR2 w/1600MHz FSB & Crossfire

4GB Kingston HyperX KHX6400D2LLK2/4G CL4 DDR2 800MHz Memory (2 X 2048MB)

2 X 500GB S-ATA II 7200 RPM Hard Drive

2 X Vigor iSurf II Hard Drive Cooler w/dual fans

nVidia GeForce GTX 260 896MB Xtreme Plus Edition @650MHz, DVI and TV Out

SONY/NEC Internal AD7200A 20X Dual Layer DVD+/- RW + CDRW Rewritable Drive

All-in-1 Card Reader Drive

Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit w/Original DVD

Standard 3 Year Limited Parts and Life-Time Labor Warranty
I'm really excited. I already bought Crysis.

-Trevelbond-
Trevelbond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Aug 2008, 06:02 AM   #2 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

How much total did you spend?
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Aug 2008, 03:52 PM   #3 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!™

Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STICK View Post
How much total did you spend?
Before tax it was $2014. Competing boutique computer makers were asking hundreds more for the same thing. I looked at Velocity Micro (came close to buying from them, heard some bad things lately tho), Alienware (overpriced, and fuck Dell), Puget Systems, and a few others.

Originally, I was thinking about spending around three grand. I'm glad I didn't have to. I read up for weeks on each component. Everything was hand picked.
Old 07 Aug 2008, 04:59 PM   #4 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

Jesus christ that's a lot lol
Old 07 Aug 2008, 05:23 PM   #5 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!™

Quote:
Jesus christ that's a lot lol
The parts were about $1850, so it was an easy decision.

I'm doing well right now, and I need a new computer. The one I'm on has been rebuilt a hundred times, and has data on it from 1999. It can't even run HD movie trailers.

I'm excited to start over.
Old 07 Aug 2008, 06:03 PM   #6 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevelbond View Post
The parts were about $1850, so it was an easy decision.

I'm doing well right now, and I need a new computer. The one I'm on has been rebuilt a hundred times, and has data on it from 1999. It can't even run HD movie trailers.

I'm excited to start over.
All that matters is that you're excited

I bought a pre-built Dell from Best Buy for $599. Only thing I'd need to upgrade to be able to run Crysis is my gfx card. It wouldn't be at max settings, but I'm not a PC gamer at all so I have no use for that kind of rig.

Oh, you should also check out Gears of War PC. It's a BLAST on 360
Old 07 Aug 2008, 06:09 PM   #7 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!™

Quote:
All that matters is that you're excited

I bought a pre-built Dell from Best Buy for $599. Only thing I'd need to upgrade to be able to run Crysis is my gfx card. It wouldn't be at max settings, but I'm not a PC gamer at all so I have no use for that kind of rig.

Oh, you should also check out Gears of War PC. It's a BLAST on 360
A good computer is really cheap these days, it's truly amazing.

I might check out Gears. Have you played Mass Effect?

I'm about to order that for PC, I've heard such great things about it.
Old 07 Aug 2008, 06:20 PM   #8 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevelbond View Post
A good computer is really cheap these days, it's truly amazing.

I might check out Gears. Have you played Mass Effect?

I'm about to order that for PC, I've heard such great things about it.
Mass Effect is amazing too. It has such a great story and the gameplay is phenomenal. I've played through three full times I believe and still haven't scratched the surface with the different soldier classes. I played through using the same class so I could get a few achievements. One of these days I'm gonna go back and play using the other classes.

I think you'll have a blast with it...GeoW too. I've played through the campaign about a dozen times
Old 10 Aug 2008, 10:51 PM   #9 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!™

I already have Crysis sitting here, and Mass Effect is shipping soon. I bought a new monitor.

My AMEX bill was three grand this month. It will be worth it.

Computer scheduled to ship Monday.
Old 12 Aug 2008, 10:25 PM   #10 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!™

Shipped today. So excited.
Old 14 Aug 2008, 08:01 PM   #11 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!™

My first post on the new computer.

Awesome.