ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Games & Technology

Games & Technology Want the latest news and cheats of your favorite game? Wanna talk about upcoming games? Wanna talk about your favorite comics, or toys and other hobbies?

Madden 09

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01 Aug 2008, 03:24 AM   #1 (permalink)
Tumbleweed

xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.
Default Madden 09

I have it...20th Anniversary Edition to boot.

Its pretty fucking sweet too.

I was actually expecting to be disappointed by the screenshots...but the presentation is much better then it was in 08. Definitely feels more like an actual game. No more Marshall Faulk blabbing before every game...now its some nice shots of the outside of the stadium and the field while Madden lets you know where the game will be played and that Chris Collinsworth and some other guy will be the announcers.

The announcing isn't as annoying as the generic EA Sports radio guy...although I'm sure it will become more annoying after 2 or 3 Franchise seasons.

There are some cool broadcast details to the game too...like if you make a poor decision on a pass the game will replay that play for you while Collinsworth goes over what you did wrong and which reciver got open and should've been hit.

The gameplay feels even faster then 08 which was a big improvement over 07 itself. The game offers to test your skills when you first start and based off that test it sets a custom difficulty level for you. Seems cool although I may still prefer to just set it to All-Pro or All-Madden.

Madden Rewind allows you to rewind a play immediately after it happens. You only have a few seconds after the play to initiate it and you can set how many each team has per game. This is kind of a cool feature that I initially thought I would hate. Anyone who has played the recent Madden games on All-Pro or All-Madden knows about some bullshit fumbles and interceptions. This basicially allows you to have a set number of mulligans for those instances. I can't see this being used in MP...but when droning through you're franchise it might be cool to have one of these in your back pocket during the game.

Overall the game feels like a significant upgrade over 08 which I didn't expect but am very happy about. I would suggest people who skipped out on 08 pick it up. Those who have 08 might want to rent first just to make sure its enough of an upgrade for them.
xer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Aug 2008, 05:02 AM   #2 (permalink)
Tri
GAH!

Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Send a message via MSN to Tri Send a message via Yahoo to Tri

reveal how you get games early!!!!!

pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase
Old 01 Aug 2008, 07:42 AM   #3 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

^^^You're a bit of slow dumbshit aren't you?
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Aug 2008, 08:44 AM   #4 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC

...so the ridiculous turnovers are gone??

Please God...tell me the CP has to earn a turnover...

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
The Glue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Aug 2008, 01:42 PM   #5 (permalink)
Tri
GAH!

Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Send a message via MSN to Tri Send a message via Yahoo to Tri

Quote:
Originally Posted by STICK View Post
^^^You're a bit of slow dumbshit aren't you?
is he dl'ing them?!

sorry i dont fucking LIVE on PWF to know everything that happens with everyone, assface

edit:

see! xer0 was nice enough to actually tell me (via rep) which you coulda done D(st)ICK but noooooo

Last edited by Tri; 01 Aug 2008 at 04:07 PM.
Tri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Aug 2008, 04:39 PM   #6 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Glue View Post
...so the ridiculous turnovers are gone??

Please God...tell me the CP has to earn a turnover...

Late.
Seriously, 08 was fucking broken with bullshit int's. I couldn't stand it. It made the game just unenjoyable on a thousand levels. I was cursing at that game so much I had to bury it and never play it again. I doubt I'll get 09, just because I'm still so pissed off at them.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Aug 2008, 04:57 PM   #7 (permalink)
Give it To Me..

The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.
Send a message via AIM to The_One Send a message via MSN to The_One

So...How is it compared to NCAA?
Old 01 Aug 2008, 05:48 PM   #8 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tri View Post
is he dl'ing them?!

sorry i dont fucking LIVE on PWF to know everything that happens with everyone, assface

edit:

see! xer0 was nice enough to actually tell me (via rep) which you coulda done D(st)ICK but noooooo
Ya good job. I'm pretty sure every time he's had a game early, and you come in asking how he does it, I've told your ass Keep up next time, will ya?
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Aug 2008, 06:32 PM   #9 (permalink)
CK
Spin Doctor

CK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DC
Send a message via AIM to CK

Now kids, play nice or I'll have to seperate you

CK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Aug 2008, 10:22 PM   #10 (permalink)
Nothing but the TrutHHH

Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.

The shit is on, Glue you owe me a match. I might cop a 360, so I can dog Stick and his cowboys too. lol

^^^^Made by the Big Homie Stick...PC representer.
Tr(uth)iple H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Aug 2008, 10:50 PM   #11 (permalink)
CK
Spin Doctor

CK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr(uth)iple H View Post
The shit is on, Glue you owe me a match. I might cop a 360, so I can dog Stick and his cowboys too. lol
if I didn't consider a PS3 a gaint waste of money, I would school you all

Old 01 Aug 2008, 11:09 PM   #12 (permalink)
Nothing but the TrutHHH

Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK View Post
if I didn't consider a PS3 a gaint waste of money, I would school you all

PS3 is awesome, homes.

So is them Questlove custom Nikes, asshole!!!

^^^^Made by the Big Homie Stick...PC representer.
Tr(uth)iple H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Aug 2008, 11:20 PM   #13 (permalink)
CK
Spin Doctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr(uth)iple H View Post
PS3 is awesome, homes.

So is them Questlove custom Nikes, asshole!!!
so you're saying that the PS3 is just as awesome as those shoes?

I see

I must rush out and buy them both right now

Old 01 Aug 2008, 11:40 PM   #14 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC

Chris, I admire your blind loyalty to Bill Gates...as does his pocketbook.

But the PS3 is outstanding. If I didn't have a wife and kids and life and shit...

...well...that's just a dark path, there...not because of the no wife, kids or life shit, either...

But yeah, the PS3 owns. It may not be the system for you, but claiming the product is of a lower or inferior quality is simple ignorance of the facts.

And Truthhh, you know you're on...I just gotta get me a headset somewhere...I haven't tried my PS2 headset in it yet...

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
The Glue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Aug 2008, 11:44 PM   #15 (permalink)
CK
Spin Doctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Glue View Post
But yeah, the PS3 owns. It may not be the system for you, but claiming the product is of a lower or inferior quality is simple ignorance of the facts.
I've played both
I don't like the PS3, game play is better on the 360...
online play is better on 360....
GFX look better on 360....