ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Games & Technology

Games & Technology Want the latest news and cheats of your favorite game? Wanna talk about upcoming games? Wanna talk about your favorite comics, or toys and other hobbies?

Free Advice for Sony, From GameInformer's Editor in Chief (Great Read)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21 Nov 2007, 11:36 PM   #1 (permalink)
Together We Can!

_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK
Default Free Advice for Sony, From GameInformer's Editor in Chief (Great Read)

So I stumbled across this article that was a good read in GameInformer. It's a tad bit old, about a month but well worth the read.

Andy McNamara
Editor in Chief

I know I'm just some editor in chief at some video game magazine in the eyes of SCEA, but sometimes you just have to say enough is enough and lay it all out. So here we go, Sony, I've got some free advice for you, and I sure hope you take it.
First and foremost, you need to add gamer scores and you need to add them now. I realize you don't want to give Microsoft credibility for creating this gaming phenomenon but sometimes you just have to swallow your pride and deal with it. Yes, I know your upcoming Home service will have trophies and the like, but ultimately gamers, including myself, are making purchasing decisions based on whether we can get achievements and add to our gamer score.
This is coming from a guy who quite frankly doesn't go out of his way to inflate his score, but when given the choice between a third-party game on 360 or the PS3, I'm going with the 360 almost every time because if I can get points for basically free, I might as well take it all things being equal. It's not like it costs you anything. And it's not like third party companies aren't already doing all the work. They just aren't putting this aspect into your games because you won't add this rather simple feature.
Here's another hint: Make your games use 2,000 point system, so it seems better than Microsoft's 1,000 point cap. It's the little things, but I'm telling you this will work. As it stands, most of the staff simply wants the points, and I don't think we are the only people in the world choosing 360 over PS3 for this very simple program.
Next, you need to get rumble back into the PS3 controller. Personally, I could care less, but not having this basic feature is driving your fan base crazy. I mean seriously, when did you guys stop listening to the gamers?
Finally, and most importantly, you need killer exclusive games and you need them now. letting BioShock go to 360 was a mistake. Letting GTV IV go multiplatform was a mistake. I remember a Playstation that came onto the scene in 1995 and gave gamers what they wanted. What happened to that company? You are trying to make the PS3 the central part of people's home theater systems, yet your system won't work with standard universal remotes because you went off and used Bluetooth? I don't get the odd and offbeat decisions you make on a day to day basis, and if you want to be a serious player in this generation you need to get back on track fast. there is still time, mostly because Microsoft has so many red ring of death issues with the 360, but it's time to right the shit and get back in the game.
By the way Sony, you just scored 300 GameInformer points for reading this. You can score another 700 if you actually listen.

Cheers,
Andy

The War
You support pulling out, I say USE A CONDOM!!!!
_Fox_ is offline   Reply With Quote