ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Games & Technology

Games & Technology Want the latest news and cheats of your favorite game? Wanna talk about upcoming games? Wanna talk about your favorite comics, or toys and other hobbies?

Rock Band...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12 Nov 2007, 12:32 PM   #1 (permalink)
Sam
Property of the U.S. Gov.

Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via AIM to Sam Send a message via MSN to Sam Send a message via Yahoo to Sam
Default Rock Band...

I played it at Best Buy a couple days ago. I'm sorry to say that it sucks ass.

I've been waiting a long time for this game and I was pretty happy when I saw the demo at Best Buy. They only had drums and guitar so my buddy and I switched off between songs. The guitar is odd. It's not like the Guitar Hero guitar where the buttons are slightly raised on the fret board. They're more embedded into the actual neck with the colors on the side of the frets, making it a lot tougher to feel around for buttons. Another difference is that there are ten of them. Five at the top, five at the bottom, both sets have the same five colors. I believe the bottom set is for solos where you don't need to strum, but both sets worked fine throughout songs. The strum bar is different too in that it doesn't click when you press it, which requires you to hit it a lot harder. The guitar also has a five-pick up switch which seemed to do nothing. The drum set is about mid-thigh high and consists of four electric drum pads complete with drumsticks.

The game seemed to be really late. The buttons on the guitar are tough to press and the strum bar is not nearly as reactive as it should be. The drums are even harder to hit and require you to literally whack the shit out of the drum. Normally, my friends and I play Guitar Hero on expert... we played Rock Band on easy and could not come close to finishing a song. It was almost impossible to hit notes.

The only positive point about this game is that the song selection was fantastic. "Detroit Rock City", "Wanted Dead Or Alive", and "Are You Gonna Be My Girl" are just a few from a great track list.

I think I can finally spend the $300 I had aside for this game on something else. It's not worth buying or playing.
Old 12 Nov 2007, 01:02 PM   #2 (permalink)
Sick in the head

Dick Biggs is a PWF Hall of FamerDick Biggs is a PWF Hall of FamerDick Biggs is a PWF Hall of FamerDick Biggs is a PWF Hall of FamerDick Biggs is a PWF Hall of FamerDick Biggs is a PWF Hall of FamerDick Biggs is a PWF Hall of FamerDick Biggs is a PWF Hall of FamerDick Biggs is a PWF Hall of FamerDick Biggs is a PWF Hall of FamerDick Biggs is a PWF Hall of Famer
Send a message via MSN to Dick Biggs

Im still looking foward to it.....