ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Games & Technology

Games & Technology Want the latest news and cheats of your favorite game? Wanna talk about upcoming games? Wanna talk about your favorite comics, or toys and other hobbies?

Guitar Hero 3

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30 Oct 2007, 10:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
Sam
Property of the U.S. Gov.

Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via AIM to Sam Send a message via MSN to Sam Send a message via Yahoo to Sam
Default Guitar Hero 3

I bought it for the 360 today. Sick game, not so sick controller... I'll start with the game.

The basic layout of this game is completely different than past GH games. Most notable is probably the co-op career mode, which much like regular career mode, is necessary to complete to unlock all co-op songs. Also new in the game are boss battles. The bosses appear three times throughout career mode at the end of each set before the encore. The first boss is Tom Morrello, the second is Slash, the third is Lou the Devil. Upon defeating each boss they'll play an encore with you. The way to win a boss battle is to make your opponent fail by hitting them with power-ups obtained by note combos (just like star power). Power-ups include broken string, amp overload, lefty/righty flip, difficulty up, whammy bar, death drain, double notes, and steal power. Also, defeated bosses become playable characters.

The song selection is pretty good this time around like Stevie Ray Vaughn's "Pride and Joy", "La Grange" by ZZ Top, "Same Old Song and Dance" by Aerosmith, and a lot of other good ones.

Now... the guitar controller. It looks sick. It's an entirely black Les Paul (interchangable face plates are available). It's finally wireless too. What's supposed to be a nice new addition to the controller is the detachable neck which is supposed to make the guitar easier to pack up. However, this feature basically ruins the usability of the controller. Problems with the attachment make it sometimes impossible to hit particular buttons. I've looked it up on Google and a shit load of people have been having the same problem. Some buttons just won't respond until you disconnect and reconnect the neck or will otherwise hit random notes. Obviously, hitting the right buttons on time is a big part of the game, so until something is done about it, the controller is virtually unusable.

It's a great game, but make sure that if you're using the PS3 version or 360 version, you also have a wired controller. No one's really reported a problem with the Wii one.
Old 02 Nov 2007, 11:25 PM   #2 (permalink)
gamertag:dinosaurcomic

"pimpinthebox" is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posters"pimpinthebox" is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posters"pimpinthebox" is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posters"pimpinthebox" is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posters"pimpinthebox" is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posters"pimpinthebox" is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posters"pimpinthebox" is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posters"pimpinthebox" is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posters"pimpinthebox" is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posters"pimpinthebox" is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posters"pimpinthebox" is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posters

I haven't had any problems with my wireless controller. The neck is a little loose where it connects, but I also have the X-Plorer controller from ghII. The game seems harder this time. On ghII, I was able to beat the career on hard and get about half-way through expert. On ghIII I'm stuck at the final tier on hard. I can't beat Raining Blood by Slayer. The Mosh 1 section kills me every time.

All in all, though, it's a great game.
Old 04 Nov 2007, 12:34 AM   #3 (permalink)
PWF's MVP

Rated R , Lightspeed to Endor!Rated R , Lightspeed to Endor!Rated R , Lightspeed to Endor!Rated R , Lightspeed to Endor!Rated R , Lightspeed to Endor!Rated R , Lightspeed to Endor!Rated R , Lightspeed to Endor!Rated R , Lightspeed to Endor!Rated R , Lightspeed to Endor!Rated R , Lightspeed to Endor!Rated R , Lightspeed to Endor!
Send a message via AIM to Rated R

i got it yesterday for wii. its amazing, kickass song selection, by far best out of all the guitar hero games.
Rated R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Nov 2007, 11:40 AM   #4 (permalink)
Together We Can!

_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK

I was with a friend the other day, and witnessed him almost complete, Dragonforce. Shit was intense.

The War
You support pulling out, I say USE A CONDOM!!!!
_Fox_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Nov 2007, 03:36 PM   #5 (permalink)
PWF's very own psychopath

Corey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICK
Send a message via AIM to Corey Send a message via MSN to Corey Send a message via Yahoo to Corey

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Fox_
I was with a friend the other day, and witnessed him almost complete, Dragonforce. Shit was intense.
I beat it on hard yesterday...expert though...no fucking way.

Thanks to David for the Orton banner...

Join the EFED you fucks!
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Nov 2007, 08:25 PM   #6 (permalink)
Sam

Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via AIM to Sam Send a message via MSN to Sam Send a message via Yahoo to Sam

The difficulty level of this game compared to the last two is insane. It's like they just said, "Okay, let's make easy medium, medium hard, hard expert, and expert ridiculously insane."
Old 05 Nov 2007, 09:18 PM   #7 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.
Send a message via MSN to Jason Send a message via Yahoo to Jason

Yeah I noticed the difficulty level go up a notch too in this game,I mean I usually just stick with easy or medium but I even have trouble with certain songs on medium and I don't even want to imagine trying it on hard or expert.

I know I sound like a wuss but I refuse to play on hard or expert,playing on those is just doesn't make it fun and makes it more frustrating...just takes the fun out of the game for me if I play on those.

Nonetheless it's still a great game with a great set of songs and I don't regret buying it at all.
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Nov 2007, 10:21 PM   #8 (permalink)
Sam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason
Yeah I noticed the difficulty level go up a notch too in this game,I mean I usually just stick with easy or medium but I even have trouble with certain songs on medium and I don't even want to imagine trying it on hard or expert.

I know I sound like a wuss but I refuse to play on hard or expert,playing on those is just doesn't make it fun and makes it more frustrating...just takes the fun out of the game for me if I play on those.

Nonetheless it's still a great game with a great set of songs and I don't regret buying it at all.
You'll find that it's actually a lot more fun to play the songs on hard or expert once you get the hang of it. Just practice on hard and you'll eventually get it down pat. Trust me, I used to only play on medium, but it's so much more fun playing on hard or expert.
Old 06 Nov 2007, 01:06 PM   #9 (permalink)
Pitt Boss

Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

Id rather play air guitar..........................or Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare.

Kool Aid Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Nov 2007, 10:45 PM   #10 (permalink)
Together We Can!

_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK

I just beat the allt he easy songs, so now its on to medium.

The War
You support pulling out, I say USE A CONDOM!!!!
_Fox_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Nov 2007, 01:49 AM   #11 (permalink)
PWF's very own psychopath

Corey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICK
Send a message via AIM to Corey Send a message via MSN to Corey Send a message via Yahoo to Corey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason

You may think that when you first start playing hard but your ability rises and you start playing the songs as if you were playing medium or easy. When I started playing guitar hero one I played one song on easy and went straight to medium. Aftere a little while I went to hard and eventually I beat every song on expert...just takes some time.

Thanks to David for the Orton banner...

Join the EFED you fucks!
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Nov 2007, 01:35 PM   #12 (permalink)
Banned By Administrators

BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.

Lol...last night's South Park pwned Guitar Hero and the parody game Heroine Hero was classic.
BOSTON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Nov 2007, 09:04 PM   #13 (permalink)
PWF's MVP

Rated R , Lightspeed to Endor!Rated R , Lightspeed to Endor!Rated R , Lightspeed to Endor!Rated R , Lightspeed to Endor!Rated R , Lightspeed to Endor!Rated R , Lightspeed to Endor!Rated R , Lightspeed to Endor!Rated R , Lightspeed to Endor!Rated R , Lightspeed to Endor!Rated R , Lightspeed to Endor!Rated R , Lightspeed to Endor!
Send a message via AIM to Rated R

i used to be the absolute worst at these games, but once you get the hang of it and get better, its much more fun to play on a harder difficulty, trust me.
Rated R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Nov 2007, 12:01 PM   #14 (permalink)
Sick in the head

Dick Biggs is a PWF Hall of FamerDick Biggs is a PWF Hall of FamerDick Biggs is a PWF Hall of FamerDick Biggs is a PWF Hall of FamerDick Biggs is a PWF Hall of FamerDick Biggs is a PWF Hall of FamerDick Biggs is a PWF Hall of FamerDick Biggs is a PWF Hall of FamerDick Biggs is a PWF Hall of FamerDick Biggs is a PWF Hall of FamerDick Biggs is a PWF Hall of Famer
Send a message via MSN to Dick Biggs

the game is hard as fuck.... It's easier to pick up a real guitar....