ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Games & Technology

Games & Technology Want the latest news and cheats of your favorite game? Wanna talk about upcoming games? Wanna talk about your favorite comics, or toys and other hobbies?

OS X 10.5 Leopard

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30 Oct 2007, 01:23 AM   #1 (permalink)
****** By *************s Again

Hardy is a PWF Hall of FamerHardy is a PWF Hall of FamerHardy is a PWF Hall of FamerHardy is a PWF Hall of FamerHardy is a PWF Hall of FamerHardy is a PWF Hall of FamerHardy is a PWF Hall of FamerHardy is a PWF Hall of FamerHardy is a PWF Hall of FamerHardy is a PWF Hall of FamerHardy is a PWF Hall of Famer
Default OS X 10.5 Leopard

So I got my hands on a copy of Leopard the other day, I haven't gotten around to burning it and installing it until tonight. I installed it on my 250GB HDD so incase something does go wrong (which is highly unlikely since it is Apple) I won't lose all my information on my laptop. I've only played around with it for a couple hours, but it blows Vista out of the water. Since I've messed around on both for about the same time, I'm trying to be un-biased. But I hate Microsoft more and more everyday. And it took only 2 and a half years for it to get released compared to Vista which took 5 years I believe. It also has Bootcamp build into it. I am going to install XP (mainly so I can password protect my wireless router). And Vista just so I can see how much it sucks compared to Mac OS.

So I don't think too many people will care. Maybe xero. But I just wanted to say how much I love it. So I've included some screenshots so you can all see how sweet this is.

The desktop.

The dock has been re-designed.

The new Finder.

Time Machine.

Spaces.
Attached Images
File Type: png Picture 1.png (490.3 KB, 20 views)
File Type: png Picture 5.png (490.9 KB, 20 views)
File Type: png Picture 2.png (494.3 KB, 19 views)
File Type: png Picture 3.png (344.4 KB, 19 views)
File Type: png Picture 4.png (435.5 KB, 18 views)
Old 30 Oct 2007, 01:47 AM   #2 (permalink)
Tumbleweed

xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.

Pretty cool...I'm waiting for a known stable x86 kernel before I install this tho.

I'm hoping Logic 8 runs a little better with Leopard since it was designed for it. Logic runs ok in 10.4.8...but any performance increase will help immensely.

Sucks tho...I gotta reload OS X and Windows when I do decide to do that...kind of a pain in the ass.
xer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Oct 2007, 01:52 AM   #3 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!

Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.
Send a message via MSN to Trevelbond

It's so obvious that Apple has blown Microsoft out of the water. Hell, even without a new release they were doing it.

Vista is such a dog of a product. I'll never buy any computer with Vista without some major improvements in the next service pack.

I never thought I'd say this, but my next computer will likely be a mac.
Trevelbond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Oct 2007, 02:11 AM   #4 (permalink)

Hardy is a PWF Hall of FamerHardy is a PWF Hall of FamerHardy is a PWF Hall of FamerHardy is a PWF Hall of FamerHardy is a PWF Hall of FamerHardy is a PWF Hall of FamerHardy is a PWF Hall of FamerHardy is a PWF Hall of FamerHardy is a PWF Hall of FamerHardy is a PWF Hall of FamerHardy is a PWF Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ><3r0
Pretty cool...I'm waiting for a known stable x86 kernel before I install this tho.

I'm hoping Logic 8 runs a little better with Leopard since it was designed for it. Logic runs ok in 10.4.8...but any performance increase will help immensely.

Sucks tho...I gotta reload OS X and Windows when I do decide to do that...kind of a pain in the ass.
Yeah I didn't want to go through re-loading everything right now. I just don't feel like it. Once I know this works really well I probably will run this as my actual OS. But for the time being, this is secondary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevelbond
It's so obvious that Apple has blown Microsoft out of the water. Hell, even without a new release they were doing it.

Vista is such a dog of a product. I'll never buy any computer with Vista without some major improvements in the next service pack.

I never thought I'd say this, but my next computer will likely be a mac.
Yeah no shit. I mean I do need windows xp for a few things. But after I play in Vista for a while I'll end up deleting it and just keeping XP.

And you won't regret it, especially if you get 10.5 you'll have bootcamp, and can install XP or Vista if it doesn't suck so bad and not ever need a Windows machine again.

Last edited by Hardy; 30 Oct 2007 at 02:13 AM.
Hardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Oct 2007, 02:16 AM   #5 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!

Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardy
Yeah no shit. I mean I do need windows xp for a few things. But after I play in Vista for a while I'll end up deleting it and just keeping XP.

And you won't regret it, especially if you get 10.5 you'll have bootcamp, and can install XP or Vista if it doesn't suck so bad and not ever need a Windows machine again.
Affordability used to be a factor, but the Mac Minis are awesome and competitively cheap. I would have no problem shelling out like, $1250 for a top of the line Mini.
Old 30 Oct 2007, 02:23 AM   #6 (permalink)

I don't know if you use craigslist much, but if you don't you should check it out. I can always find Mac things on Kansas City's site. So I would imagine a city as big as San Fransisco would have even more of a selection. So unless you only want a new one, I'd check it out.
Old 30 Oct 2007, 02:35 AM   #7 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardy
I don't know if you use craigslist much, but if you don't you should check it out. I can always find Mac things on Kansas City's site. So I would imagine a city as big as San Fransisco would have even more of a selection. So unless you only want a new one, I'd check it out.
The Bay Area is a Mac Mecca. I'm sure there's TONS of stuff.

However, I'd prolly only buy new. I like a no-risk deal.
Old 30 Oct 2007, 11:52 AM   #8 (permalink)

I completely understand. I debated when I got my MacBook whether or not to go new or used. And I just really wanted a brand new Mac that I can set up how I want it.
Old 30 Oct 2007, 11:55 AM   #9 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

I'm not running it yet, but should be upgraded soon.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Exo is offline   Reply With Quote