ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Games & Technology

Games & Technology Want the latest news and cheats of your favorite game? Wanna talk about upcoming games? Wanna talk about your favorite comics, or toys and other hobbies?

So I bought a PS3...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19 Oct 2007, 11:31 AM   #16 (permalink)
****** By *************s Again

Hardy is a PWF Hall of FamerHardy is a PWF Hall of FamerHardy is a PWF Hall of FamerHardy is a PWF Hall of FamerHardy is a PWF Hall of FamerHardy is a PWF Hall of FamerHardy is a PWF Hall of FamerHardy is a PWF Hall of FamerHardy is a PWF Hall of FamerHardy is a PWF Hall of FamerHardy is a PWF Hall of Famer

I disagree, the bluray games (the one I own anyway) make my non HDTV, look superb, way way better that my buddy who just bought a 360 and played it on his HDTV. The wireless is great so I can play it i my living room and not have to run cables throughout my whole house. And the best part is that it comes standard. Do 360's have wifi? Oh no that's right you have to spend an additional $20 for that. I will give 360 their better and more games. But 360s came out in 05 a full year before PS3's. Wait til this time next year.

Oh and I don't have to worry about the shitty Red lights. And wait for 6 months for fucking microsoft to send me a box, me ship it to them, then them give me a refurbished piece of shit that' s going to get the red lights in 2 weeks.

Yeah PS3 ftw.
Old 19 Oct 2007, 12:02 PM   #17 (permalink)
gamertag:dinosaurcomic

"pimpinthebox" is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posters"pimpinthebox" is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posters"pimpinthebox" is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posters"pimpinthebox" is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posters"pimpinthebox" is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posters"pimpinthebox" is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posters"pimpinthebox" is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posters"pimpinthebox" is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posters"pimpinthebox" is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posters"pimpinthebox" is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posters"pimpinthebox" is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posters

how can a game look better on a standard television than on an hdtv? my 360 games look great on my hdtv. Plus, I've heard many times that 360 games look just as good or better than their ps3 counterparts.

Your bias is keeping you from some great games. I don't hate the ps3, it just doesn't have any good games now or in the forseeable future. Good luck.
Old 19 Oct 2007, 12:06 PM   #18 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardy
I disagree, the bluray games (the one I own anyway) make my non HDTV, look superb, way way better that my buddy who just bought a 360 and played it on his HDTV. The wireless is great so I can play it i my living room and not have to run cables throughout my whole house. And the best part is that it comes standard. Do 360's have wifi? Oh no that's right you have to spend an additional $20 for that. I will give 360 their better and more games. But 360s came out in 05 a full year before PS3's. Wait til this time next year.

Oh and I don't have to worry about the shitty Red lights. And wait for 6 months for fucking microsoft to send me a box, me ship it to them, then them give me a refurbished piece of shit that' s going to get the red lights in 2 weeks.

Yeah PS3 ftw.
Well I play on a 61" Samsung 1080p DLP TV, and my Xbox 360 is phenomenal. I haven't really seen a PS3 in action, so I can't compare. I have no complaints about the visual quality whatsoever that my 360 outputs.

During the 360's first year, it had the highest game attach rate in history. The attach rate is still probabaly high, because from launch til now, it's had nothing but quality titles.

As for wifi, I personally don't need it. Whatever the added cost PS3 buyers because of it, I would be paying for and not using it. I will say, the PS3 is definitely "most bang for your buck" console, but there aren't a whole lot of games for it, which is what it should come down to.

Oh and all the great titles for 360 have made it worth the Red Lights. After the last time I had to send it in, I was so tempted to trade my 360 in and all my games, but there's too many to play, and too many on the horizon to do that.
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Oct 2007, 03:12 PM   #19 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!ô

Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.
Send a message via MSN to Trevelbond

I'm still waiting for GTA 4. I'll get a PS3 then.

Having a Blu-Ray player is important enough that I might buy one before.
Trevelbond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Oct 2007, 07:20 PM   #20 (permalink)
Delusion Over Addiction

Smigs is almost STICK-ly in his greatnessSmigs is almost STICK-ly in his greatnessSmigs is almost STICK-ly in his greatnessSmigs is almost STICK-ly in his greatnessSmigs is almost STICK-ly in his greatnessSmigs is almost STICK-ly in his greatnessSmigs is almost STICK-ly in his greatnessSmigs is almost STICK-ly in his greatnessSmigs is almost STICK-ly in his greatnessSmigs is almost STICK-ly in his greatnessSmigs is almost STICK-ly in his greatness

Iíve had a PS3 since launch and itís a great piece of kit but the future doesnít look to good. The sales of hardware and software are down (software is 3:1 in 360ís favour) and the developers arenít happy. The PS2 had a huge monopoly of the market and developers had no choice to make games for it despite it being difficult to develop for. This Gen however Nintendo/Microsoft hold 82% of the market and thus command third party developers attention.

Soon enough developers will disappear and align themselves with Microsoft leaving the Playstation to wither away like the Sega Saturn did, unless of course they get their act together, stop giving out lie after lie and give the consumers what THEY want, NOT what Sony want.

Smigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Oct 2007, 07:21 PM   #21 (permalink)
Give it To Me..

The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.
Send a message via AIM to The_One Send a message via MSN to The_One

^ Exactly..Sony has botched the PS3 so badly that it is laughable.
Old 24 Oct 2007, 10:29 PM   #22 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7|-|3_0|\|3
^ Exactly..Sony has botched the PS3 so badly that it is laughable.
As opposed to the 360 that's crapped out in so many households that "The Red Lights Of Death" is a more prevalent expression than "The Blue Screen Of Death." As opposed to the 360 that's cost Microsoft over $1.5 BILLION (read: nine zeros) dollars in replacement units.

I mean seriously, did you see the pics of XeR0's unit?? For fuck's sake, he's got the shit out of it's casing and he's got a desk fan sitting on top of it.

Microsoft's botching of the 360 is much funnier than anything Sony's done or not done.

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
The Glue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Oct 2007, 04:15 AM   #23 (permalink)
Pitt Boss

Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 73h 61u3
As opposed to the 360 that's crapped out in so many households that "The Red Lights Of Death" is a more prevalent expression than "The Blue Screen Of Death." As opposed to the 360 that's cost Microsoft over $1.5 BILLION (read: nine zeros) dollars in replacement units.

I mean seriously, did you see the pics of XeR0's unit?? For fuck's sake, he's got the shit out of it's casing and he's got a desk fan sitting on top of it.

Microsoft's botching of the 360 is much funnier than anything Sony's done or not done.

Late.
I had my system go out with the thre red lights.........sent it to microsoft and got a brand new one in a month. With a month of free xbox live that I missed out on. I have no complaints. They put out a faulty unit and are sticking it out and fixing the damage. Cause they know they have the best system out. And they dont want to lose customers. I will tell you this...........even if they didnt replace mine.......since I had it almost 2 years and its one year warranty was up, i woulda just baught another one. A PS3 just isnt worth it.

And Blue Ray? another thing made buy Sony.............you all remember Mini Disc? How bout DIVX? Yea I say Blueray does not out stand HD. For one HD well sell better cause morons here HD when they Buy tvs...........YOu cant buy a Blue Ray TV now can you? So you get the customers who aint hip and this will how it will go..............cause Ive been there and done this with when I worked for Circuit City and Good Guys.

Best Buy Salesman - So Mr.Customer..........(a man in his late 40s who doesnt play video games and thinks a Playstation is a little Play Station for like a 3yo) would you like to pick up a High Defination DVD Player to maximize your brand new High Def TV?

Mr. Customer - Sure what you got?

Best Buy Salesman - Well we have this top of the line BlueRay player.........

Mr Customer- BlueRay? What the hell is that?

BestBuy - Its a High Def format created by Sony

Mr Customer - What about that HIgh Def Dvd player right next to it..................thats cheaper as well? Does that play High Def?

Best Buy- Why yes it does sir. Its plays HD Format DVDs.

Customer- So whats the difference?

Best Buy Customer - (goes to explain the difference........just the format it is put on the cd)

Customer - Is HD DVDS 1080p?

Best Buy - Yes Sir

Customer - And wich one releases the most movies?

Best Buy - Although alot are being released in Blue Ray, theres more being re-leased in HD format.

Customer - Why is that?

Best Buy - Cause not everyone has signed on to Sony to create there movies in Blue Ray.

Customer - Kinda like Mini Discs and PSP movies right?

Best Buy - Right

Customer - And we all know what happened to Mini Discs and PSP movies.

Best Buy - True. I also have this HD/Blue Ray player.

Customer - Its double the price

Best Buy - True

Customer - Ill take the HD Player

Best Buy - Ok well just for future reference if you ever get into gaming the Playstation has a Blue Ray player in it.

Customer - What the hell is a Playstation 3? Is that equal to the Xbox 360?

Best Buy - Equal? Oh No sir not even close, but if you ever get one it has a blue ray built in.

Customer - Why would I get one? I have a Xbox360 and Now and HD Player. Shut up and take my money and bag my Player and deliver my TV...........................NOW BITCH BOY!!!!!!!!!!!

Kool Aid Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Oct 2007, 01:26 AM   #24 (permalink)
Nothing but the TrutHHH

Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.

PS3 is Awsome Kam, I'll never see how anybody rather have a 360...Never.

^^^^Made by the Big Homie Stick...PC representer.
Tr(uth)iple H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Oct 2007, 10:52 PM   #25 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Truthhh
PS3 is Awsome Kam, I'll never see how anybody rather have a 360...Never.
As I said earlier, the games library for the 360 has been great from launch until now. It all comes down to games, and the 360 has the better library right now. PS3 hasn't really released any games that have had the hype or sales that numerous 360 games have had.

I'm not saying it will always be like that, because it won't. Sony still has Metal Gear Solid, Finaly Fantasy Whatever and Gran Turismo on the horizon. Those are always heavy hitter console sellers. The only thing is, they're sequels/series games. The 360 has had the better new games thus far.

Last edited by STICK; 28 Oct 2007 at 10:54 PM.
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Oct 2007, 02:36 PM   #26 (permalink)
Pitt Boss

Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

Halo 3, the PS3 Killer alone. Over $300 million in sales the first week. Given a 9.5 out of 10 in most game magazines.

Bioshock............a perfect 10 out of 10.

Both PS3 Killers

Kool Aid Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Oct 2007, 06:23 PM   #27 (permalink)
****** By *************s Again

Hardy is a PWF Hall of FamerHardy is a PWF Hall of FamerHardy is a PWF Hall of FamerHardy is a PWF Hall of FamerHardy is a PWF Hall of FamerHardy is a PWF Hall of FamerHardy is a PWF Hall of FamerHardy is a PWF Hall of FamerHardy is a PWF Hall of FamerHardy is a PWF Hall of FamerHardy is a PWF Hall of Famer

I have never liked Halo. A lot of people I know love that game. I tried getting into it, but failed. So Halo and Bioshock didn't have any effect on my decision.
Old 29 Oct 2007, 11:33 PM   #28 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kool Aid Man
Halo 3, the PS3 Killer alone. Over $300 million in sales the first week. Given a 9.5 out of 10 in most game magazines.

Both PS3 Killers
FPS = teh gay.

FPSes are all too similar to really drive a console. No FPS will ever kill Sony. Halo didn't work...Halo 2 didn't work...Sony will be just fine regardless of Bioshock or Halo 3.

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
The Glue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Nov 2007, 01:11 AM   #29 (permalink)
Nothing but the TrutHHH

Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kool Aid Man

Both PS3 Killers
Halo is basically the only game people buy a X Box for, that still doesn't make it a PS3 Killer. It's the only game that keeps X box afloat, "The Station" on the other hand can make any franchise famous. I mean, I literally know people who only have the X Box's for Halo. While they play all their other games on a Station.

^^^^Made by the Big Homie Stick...PC representer.
Tr(uth)iple H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Nov 2007, 05:54 AM   #30 (permalink)
Never forget the name!

DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.
Send a message via MSN to DrDoom

If only their were enough titles on the ps3 to make it worth my while cos I'm such a ps2 fan boy. But do people seriously that ps3 is gonna start getting more titles? Cos developers are jumping ship to the 360 at a rate of knots cos ps3 is too hard and expensive to design for. So right now and probably for ages to come I think regardless of issues Xbox 360 is prob the better console even if the ps3 has more bang and potential.

Props to Sly as Hell for the banner.

DrDoom is offline   Reply With Quote