ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Games & Technology

Games & Technology Want the latest news and cheats of your favorite game? Wanna talk about upcoming games? Wanna talk about your favorite comics, or toys and other hobbies?

To anyone that's playing Madden 08

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15 Aug 2007, 01:59 AM   #1 (permalink)
Together We Can!

_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK
Default To anyone that's playing Madden 08

I know that they improved Defensive Backs AI, but does anyone else feel that it is incredibly easy to run?

I started my first franchise game on All Pro and ran for about 179 with 4 touchdowns and 6 carries. Well then I bumped it up to All Madden and I ran 134 with 2 touchdowns and 9 carries. Passing I went 12 for 32 with 175 yards. I just think rushing is so easy in the game with the cut moves you do a dive and cut out and your gone its kinda gay.

What are your thoughts on the game is it really that much better?

The War
You support pulling out, I say USE A CONDOM!!!!
_Fox_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Aug 2007, 02:04 AM   #2 (permalink)
Give it To Me..

The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.
Send a message via AIM to The_One Send a message via MSN to The_One

I don't have it..But I've heard a lot of complaints about the running game being monsterously easy.
Old 15 Aug 2007, 11:34 AM   #3 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

I was playing with LT, so I thought it was pretty standard.

There is too much shit for me too learn. How do you even do a cut back move??? I used to be able to blow up the offensive line with my d-line men and lb's, but can't do that anymore or something. And there are so many freakin icons???

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Aug 2007, 01:02 PM   #4 (permalink)
Tumbleweed

xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.

While running up the middle is easier then Madden 07...its much more difficult to swing around the tackles. Also the passing game relies on precision passing way more then in prior years.

You can turn the icons off I believe. I know the game does it automatically if you set the difficulity to All-Madden.
xer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Aug 2007, 09:25 PM   #5 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC

It's my understanding that the "Player Role" enhancements make it very hard to bring good running backs down.

That should be good when I pick up 08...if I pick up 08...but I run...A LOT. I don't need a great back or top flight O line to run all over a motherfucker, so if it's been made easier to run, I should find myself dominating...again...if I pick up 08.

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
The Glue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Aug 2007, 09:36 PM   #6 (permalink)
Together We Can!

_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Glue
It's my understanding that the "Player Role" enhancements make it very hard to bring good running backs down.

That should be good when I pick up 08...if I pick up 08...but I run...A LOT. I don't need a great back or top flight O line to run all over a motherfucker, so if it's been made easier to run, I should find myself dominating...again...if I pick up 08.

Late.
Yeah I'm the Pack and I'm running with Vernand Morencey 82 overall (overrated) Spd 92, Brk Tak 72, and Car 64

I'm in week 9 and he has 1,697 yards with 25 Touchdowns. My back up Brandon Jackson 80 overall, has 538 with 11 touchdowns.

The War
Old 15 Aug 2007, 10:34 PM   #7 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC

Currently I'm rocking Madden 07.

Franchise year #6 I think??

I've got Lee Suggs up to 13,035 career rushing yards In the most recent off season,he turned 31, and his Progression on speed in the offseason went down 3 points. I thought I might have to shelve my man...but eLee said, "Fuck that!" One game left in the regular season and going into it he's got just over 2000 yards for the season and 36 rushing TDs.

Typically in Franchise Mode I trade off a halfback after a couple good years starting for draft picks, but I've decided to see if the game will celebrate if I can get him to break the career rushing record.

At 2K a year...which is what he's been averaging, it should only be about three more seasons until he's crossed 18,355. I'll let you know.

By the way, you read that right...Lee Fucking Suggs. Cut by the Browns, cut by the Dolphins, driving a Budweiser Truck Lee Fucking Suggs. Going to my console's Hall of Fame. Word.

Sometimes Madden is the only thing that keeps me alive through a football season.

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
Old 16 Aug 2007, 12:26 AM   #8 (permalink)
Give it To Me..

The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.
Send a message via AIM to The_One Send a message via MSN to The_One

^..You're like so playing on Pro aren't you?...
Old 16 Aug 2007, 12:47 AM   #9 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

All Pro.

I can't stand Pro or Rookie...winning 117-0 in 4 minute quarters is kinda lame after the first couple of times.

Late.

Old 16 Aug 2007, 01:06 AM   #10 (permalink)
Together We Can!

How good is he overall now, I tried that with Lee Suggs, I just sucked ass with him. Some players I can run with some I can't. Can't do shit with LT, but 3rd string eagles Ryan Moats 300 yards a game going. He never improves though.

The War
Old 16 Aug 2007, 11:39 AM   #11 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

In all my old versions, I end up playing all madden. I just have to figure out all the controls and all the instant playcalling since I call all my blitz's and coverage out of a base formation. I hate using all the regular defenses. But during a whole season LT ends up with like 4,000 yards and 50+ td's lol.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Aug 2007, 09:27 PM   #12 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

Everyone I know locally plays competitively on All Pro. All Madden is okay, but the only things it changes are really the defensive back reactions and the timing of the kick meter.

Back with Madden 01 I got tired of hearing my buddies complain, "Damn man...switch it to All Pro...this blows."

So there I am.

Late.

Old 16 Aug 2007, 11:47 PM   #13 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Send a message via MSN to Spear Send a message via Yahoo to Spear

I can make Kevin Jones look like a rencarnation of Jim Brown most of the time on Madden. He's going to be a BEAST when I finally get this.
Old 20 Aug 2007, 07:30 AM   #14 (permalink)
CK
Spin Doctor

CK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DC
Send a message via AIM to CK

08 is indeed the shit....

Game play is tighter...
Graphics are fucking sweet...
The game itself feels faster....

The controls are slightly different....take some getting used to.
I still miss my standard X-box controller

Gimme a few weeks...I'll start ownin some mudda fuckas

CK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Aug 2007, 03:53 PM   #15 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiCK Naylor
08 is indeed the shit....

Game play is tighter...
Graphics are fucking sweet...
The game itself feels faster....

The controls are slightly different....take some getting used to.
I still miss my standard X-box controller

Gimme a few weeks...I'll start ownin some mudda fuckas
Yeah yeah, sure ya will.
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote