ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Games & Technology

Games & Technology Want the latest news and cheats of your favorite game? Wanna talk about upcoming games? Wanna talk about your favorite comics, or toys and other hobbies?

Television and Computer all on one Monitor?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17 Jul 2007, 05:33 PM   #1 (permalink)
Wine me, Dine me, 619 me!

Townduke is a god damn rich cunt.Townduke is a god damn rich cunt.Townduke is a god damn rich cunt.Townduke is a god damn rich cunt.Townduke is a god damn rich cunt.Townduke is a god damn rich cunt.Townduke is a god damn rich cunt.Townduke is a god damn rich cunt.Townduke is a god damn rich cunt.Townduke is a god damn rich cunt.Townduke is a god damn rich cunt.
Default Television and Computer all on one Monitor?

I wish I knew as much as you guys about computers.

My boss has a computer hooked up to a tv monitor (although its about the size of a computer monitor, the only way I could tell is because it had channel/volume buttons) and sometimes he is watching it while other times he is on the internet or on msn etc.

I was completely shocked. I had no idea that such technology was available for such a reasonable price (this is an assumption because my boss isnt exactly one to invest). If you could post anything and everything you know about this, I would greatly appreciate it. I attempted to look it up on my own but the talk of 'TV Tuner Cards' and 'XTV' overwhelmed my vocabulary.

Can you do this with a desktop and laptop? What do I need to hook it up? How much will everything cost? Would I be able to hook a gaming device up to it? etc etc etc.

Please post anything you know.
Townduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Jul 2007, 07:26 PM   #2 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

It can be done. You just need the usb to component cable to hook up your computer to your tv. Don't really know why you'd want to though. Are you sure you want to sit that close to your tv??? You can hook anything up to your monitor though if you have the right cables. I think they are s-video sockets or something. Xero would know this stuff. Also, your tv is prolly much lower resolution than your monitor and you also run a bigger risk of screen burn on your tv.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Jul 2007, 08:17 PM   #3 (permalink)
Dewsaw.com live NBA

G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.
Send a message via MSN to G O D Send a message via Yahoo to G O D

A lot of the new tvs actually come with a VGA socket in the back of the tv ready to go and its no different than hooking it up to a normal monitor. But exo is right...why would you want to. My friend has his laptop hooked up to his 61" plasma but thats mainly to watch movies hes downloaded

My tv has one.

Anytime your looking at new tvs just look at what connections it has and it should tell you.

Last edited by G O D; 17 Jul 2007 at 09:06 PM.
G O D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Jul 2007, 08:35 PM   #4 (permalink)
Tumbleweed

xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.

Most new TV's have VGA or DVI that you can connect directly to the PC's video output...like Shane said.
xer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Jul 2007, 09:03 PM   #5 (permalink)
Wine me, Dine me, 619 me!

Townduke is a god damn rich cunt.Townduke is a god damn rich cunt.Townduke is a god damn rich cunt.Townduke is a god damn rich cunt.Townduke is a god damn rich cunt.Townduke is a god damn rich cunt.Townduke is a god damn rich cunt.Townduke is a god damn rich cunt.Townduke is a god damn rich cunt.Townduke is a god damn rich cunt.Townduke is a god damn rich cunt.

I've got it. Thanks guys.

It's cool because I want to watch TV on part of the screen while using the rest for the internet.
Townduke is offline   Reply With Quote