ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Games & Technology

Games & Technology Want the latest news and cheats of your favorite game? Wanna talk about upcoming games? Wanna talk about your favorite comics, or toys and other hobbies?

The PS3 Dissappointment Timeline

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31 Dec 2006, 05:26 AM   #1 (permalink)
Tom Hanks With-A the Aids

Forgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICK
Send a message via MSN to Forgotten Sin
Default The PS3 Dissappointment Timeline

Somebody on the Gamespot Forums created this Timeline of News reports throughout the year of PS3's Big dissappointment:

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums...ic_id=25247543

Forgotten Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Dec 2006, 05:38 AM   #2 (permalink)
sleek & shiny™

pyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICK
Send a message via MSN to pyXL

Ooohh... it does not look good for Sony.
Old 31 Dec 2006, 09:40 PM   #3 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC

Lmao...it's funny. With all the fanboys trashing Sony on the internet, you'd think that they represented a prevailing opinion in one's everyday life. However it is not necessarily the case.

Just about everyone I've spoken with (not typed with, but spoken with) is dead set on PS3. My friends in Baltimore, D.C., New Hampshire, Boston, and especially here in my native Western New York, the 360 isn't even being considered as an option.

They're all just waiting for the PS3 to be readily available.

Such an interesting thing, a difference of opinion.

But anyway, pardon me if I fail to find certain doom for Sony in the blubberings of some lameo who posts on fucking Gamespot's forums. Half of that shit is conjecture and lies, anyway.

Fanboys kill me...carbon based organisms that function and yet are simultaneously Devoid Of Life...

Get Laid, willya?

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
The Glue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Dec 2006, 10:08 PM   #4 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Glue
Lmao...it's funny. With all the fanboys trashing Sony on the internet, you'd think that they represented a prevailing opinion in one's everyday life. However it is not necessarily the case.

Just about everyone I've spoken with (not typed with, but spoken with) is dead set on PS3. My friends in Baltimore, D.C., New Hampshire, Boston, and especially here in my native Western New York, the 360 isn't even being considered as an option.

They're all just waiting for the PS3 to be readily available.

Such an interesting thing, a difference of opinion.

But anyway, pardon me if I fail to find certain doom for Sony in the blubberings of some lameo who posts on fucking Gamespot's forums. Half of that shit is conjecture and lies, anyway.

Fanboys kill me...carbon based organisms that function and yet are simultaneously Devoid Of Life...

Get Laid, willya?

Late.
Since they don't even consider the 360 an option, does that mean they haven't even compared it with the PS3? If they haven't, then that's being a Sony fanboy, or being blindly loyal to the Sony brand.
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Dec 2006, 11:00 PM   #5 (permalink)
Heavyweight

David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.

PS3's a good system. It's just got some shitty launch games and a pricetag that would make even the most avid gamer turn away in disgust. I'm sure that once some more games come out (or when the price drops) business will pick up.
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Dec 2006, 11:17 PM   #6 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey Crack
Since they don't even consider the 360 an option, does that mean they haven't even compared it with the PS3? If they haven't, then that's being a Sony fanboy, or being blindly loyal to the Sony brand.
It is what it is......I don't think they're "fanboys" as they really aren't "gamers." They're getting it for Madden and NBA Live and maybe a shooter or something. Well, one of my friend likes Katamari Damacy, but that's pretty much it outside of the aforementioned games.

No, they're not fanboys, they just don't really care enough to check out a new system, learn a new mode of controller and adjust accordingly. They've been playing PS since they gave up their Sega Geneses back in the mid nineties. Sony always puts out a quality product and it meets their standards.

I knew you'd have something to say about that.

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
Old 31 Dec 2006, 11:34 PM   #7 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Glue
It is what it is......I don't think they're "fanboys" as they really aren't "gamers." They're getting it for Madden and NBA Live and maybe a shooter or something. Well, one of my friend likes Katamari Damacy, but that's pretty much it outside of the aforementioned games.

No, they're not fanboys, they just don't really care enough to check out a new system, learn a new mode of controller and adjust accordingly. They've been playing PS since they gave up their Sega Geneses back in the mid nineties. Sony always puts out a quality product and it meets their standards.

Late.
What's funny is the games you mentioned are multi-platform, and thus far have been reviewed better on the 360 by gaming sites like IGN, Gamespot, etc. Not only could they get a similar gaming experience, they could save some money as well.

To each their own though
Old 01 Jan 2007, 01:52 AM   #8 (permalink)
Banned By Administrators

BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.

Well, when you only sell out with about 20 units per store once a week I couldn't amagine bigger numbers either....
BOSTON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Jan 2007, 11:44 PM   #9 (permalink)
Sam
Property of the U.S. Gov.

Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via AIM to Sam Send a message via MSN to Sam Send a message via Yahoo to Sam

My friend got a PS3. It just seems really unfinished. You wouldn't be able to understand until you played one though. It's really nothing when you compare it to the 360. I think that the PS3 could eventually be decent once it gets some updates and a price cut. Otherwise, Sony's done for.
Old 05 Jan 2007, 11:17 AM   #10 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

http://www.nexgenwars.com/

Sony fucked themselves

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Jan 2007, 12:26 PM   #11 (permalink)
Together We Can!

_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK

Quote:
Originally Posted by David
PS3's a good system. It's just got some shitty launch games and a pricetag that would make even the most avid gamer turn away in disgust. I'm sure that once some more games come out (or when the price drops) business will pick up.
I played Tony Hawks Project 8 and if I'm spending 600 dollars on a system I do not want to see hands and foots and heads going threw walls and rails and the ground.
The Wii is better.

The War
You support pulling out, I say USE A CONDOM!!!!
_Fox_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Jan 2007, 09:39 PM   #12 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey Crack
What's funny is the games you mentioned are multi-platform, and thus far have been reviewed better on the 360 by gaming sites like IGN, Gamespot, etc. Not only could they get a similar gaming experience, they could save some money as well.

To each their own though
The people I was talking about don't use the internet for gaming sites...

And yes...to each their own.

Late.

Old 05 Jan 2007, 09:49 PM   #13 (permalink)
CK
Spin Doctor

CK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DC
Send a message via AIM to CK

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Glue

Late.
thats bein a fan boy....

its bein a silly fan boy when it means refusing other options even when the PlayStation is gonna cost you an extra 300 bucks

CK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Jan 2007, 11:03 PM   #14 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murph
thats bein a fan boy....

its bein a silly fan boy when it means refusing other options even when the PlayStation is gonna cost you an extra 300 bucks
I don't agree. My definition of a fanboy is someone who is totally into their console, to the point where they feel the need to rep how good their console is and how bad others are in comparison.

The people I mentioned could not give one shit, and frankly they don't use their console enough outside of Madden to really even be called gamers.

IMO, if you can't be called a gamer, you can't be a fanboy.

Also, those guys could give a rat's ass about an extra 300 bucks. One lives in Boston and 300 bucks might cover his cell phone bill for a month. Two others live in Washington DC, and they are doing quite well as entrepreneurs.

The rest are here, and like I said, they could really give a rat's ass about "researching" another game system. They've used PS and PS2, they're getting PS3. It's not being a "fanboy," rather they just don't have the inclination to pick up a completely foreign console and learn from scratch. They game maybe 3 hours a week, if they're lucky.

I'd say they're the antitheses of fanboys. Fanboys care about it. Like you, STICK and Sub. The amount of dialogue the three of you have had as to which console is "Better" is a good demonstration of what a fanboy is.

Every couple of days you can count on STICK posting something about how PS3 sucks, even though I'm not certain he's seen or played one.

Every couple of months you can count on Sub to do the same for PS2 or PS3 or Sony in general. The only difference being he's not here as often as STICK is. If he was, I'm sure his numbers would be comparable to say the least.

That is being a fanboy.

Buying the PS3 because it's the newest version of the console you've been using for the last 11 years and you want something to do for an hour or so on a Saturday night before you pass out after getting back from the bar...that's not being a fanboy.

That's simply a case of having enough money to blow on something that is largely unused and inconsequential, but not having the inclination to go test other similar products out.

Late

Old 05 Jan 2007, 11:11 PM   #15 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Damn. Uhh, hi...this is Glue...total mistake...but it's me.

I fucked up STICK's post thinking I was quoting it and replying. Instead, in a moment of fucktardedness, here I am. Sorry. I'm baked and it's past 1...my bad.

STICK, correct me if I'm wrong, but your post said that you never specifically said PS3 sucked, just from what you've seen and read you've drawn inferences.

And that you pimp 360 because you love it and for $200 bucks less it's a great value and it rocks your world...

I forget the third paragraph...but it was important. Sorry dude. Seriously...

I've gotten like 18 hours of sleep this week...I think maybe I just need to tuck in and go to bed.

Last edited by The Glue; 06 Jan 2007 at 12:22 AM.