ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Games & Technology

Games & Technology Want the latest news and cheats of your favorite game? Wanna talk about upcoming games? Wanna talk about your favorite comics, or toys and other hobbies?

Major League Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20 Dec 2006, 03:05 PM   #1 (permalink)
I hate people

Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Send a message via AIM to Toof Send a message via MSN to Toof Send a message via Yahoo to Toof
Default Major League Gaming

Ok a few days ago my friend and I were talking about playing online and the topic of MLG came out. We both agreed that turning video games into a "sport" is not really a good idea because it takes the fun out of gaming. Granted I have personaly participated in game tournaments but I never thought someone would dare to make it a sport of some sort.

I want to know what is your point of view towards this. I know some of you play online games quite a lot but I want to see what's your take on this.

In case you don't know what this is here is a small explanation

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Major_League_Gaming
Toof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Dec 2006, 03:27 PM   #2 (permalink)
the true heir to hogwarts

Boystar , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Boystar , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Boystar , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Boystar , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Boystar , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Boystar , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Boystar , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Boystar , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Boystar , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Boystar , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Boystar , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

I play video games alot, but most of the time I don't do it for a huge challenge.

Being a professional gamer does sound pretty cool, though. If I get serious about that, it would give me a good opportunity to put all my gaming hours to use. And I could earn money doing something I love, which is always a plus.

I'm not living in a fantasyland. Doing ANYTHING for a living is always hard, and not always fun. Also, I bet it'd be pretty hard to make a living off of that, especially since there's always a bigger video game loser. I'd still give it a shot, especially if they start making professional sports game leagues.
Boystar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Dec 2006, 03:37 PM   #3 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Send a message via MSN to Spear Send a message via Yahoo to Spear

If they make Need For Speed a league, I'm joining.

I'd own.
Old 20 Dec 2006, 03:45 PM   #4 (permalink)
I hate people

Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Send a message via AIM to Toof Send a message via MSN to Toof Send a message via Yahoo to Toof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spear
If they make Need For Speed a league, I'm joining.

I'd own.
If they make a league for Need For Speed or Gran Turismo I would join in a heartbeat but making it a sport would take the fun away from playing the game.

Wanna try me on Need for speed underground? I will own you.
Toof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Dec 2006, 03:48 PM   #5 (permalink)

Boystar , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Boystar , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Boystar , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Boystar , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Boystar , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Boystar , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Boystar , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Boystar , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Boystar , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Boystar , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Boystar , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

It'd be a great part time job, I just hope you don't have to practice 24/7 to compete with some players.
Old 20 Dec 2006, 03:50 PM   #6 (permalink)
{~PWF's leading man~}

Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.

It'll take someone with lack of friends and social life to become that obsessed with gaming. But when money is involved, it kinda makes things a little sweeter. Earning money for playing games, wow. But hundreds, even thousands of gamers will be interested in such a League, most of which are probably better than you so winning and getting the serious cash will most likely be more diffcult then when working at a regular normal job.

<select name=which style="font-family: Tempus Sans ITC; font-size: 12pt; background-color: green; font-weight: ; color: orange">
<option>Tap out list</option>
<option>Sam</option>
<option>CDWC (x2)</option>
<option>Blu Angel</option>
<option>BOSTON (x5)</option>
<option>Dan Mavrick</option>
<option>Stephenc97</option>
<option>afficial (x4)</option>
<option>ShyneFactory</option>
<option>Camini</option>
<option>EminemPacPWF</option>
<option>2Gangsta (x2)</option>
<option>StarScream (x2)</option>
<option>Shooter</option>
</select>
Sly as hell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Dec 2006, 04:09 PM   #7 (permalink)

Well yeah, flipping burgers is always an option, if you don't want to dedicate your life to doing something.

As far as the fun factor... hey life isn't about prancing around at a Chuckie Cheese's while laughing and smiling all day.... seriously what the hell is fun.

I'll be honest, I don't see myself as a professional gamer besides maybe testing my luck in a couple tournaments, but the possibility is always there, especially since I'm young. I don't know, I'm gonna have to think about it.
Old 20 Dec 2006, 04:53 PM   #8 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toof
If they make a league for Need For Speed or Gran Turismo I would join in a heartbeat but making it a sport would take the fun away from playing the game.

Wanna try me on Need for speed underground? I will own you.
Nah not Underground.

I'll play you in HP2 though.
Old 20 Dec 2006, 09:01 PM   #9 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC

First of all, it's my (admittedly limited) understanding that MLG runs off XboX only. Based on that, I cannot at this time go for the team...

However, I don't think it would "take the fun out of" gaming for me at all. Regardless if I'm rocking a single player game or 1P mode on a game or if I've got friends over, if I've got friends over and we're gaming for money, or if I'm gaming online, I have a lot of fun.

Also, people play football recreationally all the time, and they seem to have fun while professional football is probably the most popular anything ever (other than sex).

Personally, I stick to Madden Tournaments when it comes to gaming for cash. If I can find a way to turn Madden into a full time career, you're damn skippy that I'm gonna do it. If I can find a way to turn Madden into a part time gig that nets me maybe $10 - $20 K extra a year, you're damn skippy I'm gonna do it. If you're good enough to go pro, then I say do it.

I'd love the day when I can show my parents a big fat check for over a gr and say "What was that about not getting paid to play Video Games??"

I see where you're coming from Toof, but no...I don't think it will, at least not for me anyways...

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
The Glue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Dec 2006, 10:08 PM   #10 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Anybody know if you get paid if you win on that Arena show on G4?
Old 22 Dec 2006, 02:36 AM   #11 (permalink)
RTT
You know me!

RTT is a PWF Hall of FamerRTT is a PWF Hall of FamerRTT is a PWF Hall of FamerRTT is a PWF Hall of FamerRTT is a PWF Hall of FamerRTT is a PWF Hall of FamerRTT is a PWF Hall of FamerRTT is a PWF Hall of FamerRTT is a PWF Hall of FamerRTT is a PWF Hall of FamerRTT is a PWF Hall of Famer
Send a message via AIM to RTT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spear
Anybody know if you get paid if you win on that Arena show on G4?
I believe you do get paid 1K or 10K but most of the time, they just give you games.

Personally, I fully expect to be winning Madden Challenges in a year or so. Until then, i'll just get my hopes up and dominate the game online so I can get ready.

I don't care if someone says i'm a loser, you just keep playing your world of warcraft and pay a company 10 bucks a month while i'll be kicking someone's ass in the REAL Fantasy Football while earning major $$$.

You down with RTT?
RTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Dec 2006, 06:20 AM   #12 (permalink)
CK
Spin Doctor

CK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DC
Send a message via AIM to CK

The Gamer Bowl

brought to you by Cheetos and Mountain Dew

CK is offline   Reply With Quote