ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Games & Technology

Games & Technology Want the latest news and cheats of your favorite game? Wanna talk about upcoming games? Wanna talk about your favorite comics, or toys and other hobbies?

Ever been addicted?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18 Dec 2006, 10:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
a.k.a. Carabiniere

Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Default Ever been addicted?

So. Who's ever been addicted to a video game?

Share your stories. If you want to hear mine, I'll warn in advance it's very long, so I won't post it yet.

"The game of life is not so much holding a good hand as playing a poor one well" - Unknown
Scuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Dec 2006, 10:08 PM   #2 (permalink)
Tumbleweed

xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.

Asheron's Call...back when it was actually fun to play.
xer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Dec 2006, 10:12 PM   #3 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Send a message via MSN to Spear Send a message via Yahoo to Spear

Got addicted to Spyro: Ripto's Rage once. Beat it 100% about 20 times.

Also got addicted to Runescape for a short time. Thank god that ended.
Old 18 Dec 2006, 10:14 PM   #4 (permalink)
(:

sparx is a god damn rich cunt.sparx is a god damn rich cunt.sparx is a god damn rich cunt.sparx is a god damn rich cunt.sparx is a god damn rich cunt.sparx is a god damn rich cunt.sparx is a god damn rich cunt.sparx is a god damn rich cunt.sparx is a god damn rich cunt.sparx is a god damn rich cunt.sparx is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via MSN to sparx

Tetris and Pacman.

I hate those damn ghosts....
sparx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Dec 2006, 10:21 PM   #5 (permalink)
Wine me, Dine me, 619 me!

Townduke is a god damn rich cunt.Townduke is a god damn rich cunt.Townduke is a god damn rich cunt.Townduke is a god damn rich cunt.Townduke is a god damn rich cunt.Townduke is a god damn rich cunt.Townduke is a god damn rich cunt.Townduke is a god damn rich cunt.Townduke is a god damn rich cunt.Townduke is a god damn rich cunt.Townduke is a god damn rich cunt.

It's generally the MMORPG type games that tend to be the most addictive. For me the most addictive games were Neverwinter Nights and UT2003.
Townduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Dec 2006, 10:27 PM   #6 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

I don't think I've ever really been addicted to a game. I guess right now is the closest with Gears of War. I've taken it out of the console only a handful of times since Novemeber 9th when I got it, and I've beat it four times already; three times on Casual and once on Hardcore. Two of the times on Casual were co-op. I've started working on my fifth go through and it's on the Insane difficulty level.

The game even affects me in daily life I'll see something that resembles a wall, and I'll think about taking cover behind it to blindfire
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Dec 2006, 11:05 PM   #7 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC

I'm probably addicted to Madden and the SSX series. GTA games have similar effects, as well.

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
The Glue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Dec 2006, 11:22 PM   #8 (permalink)
a.k.a. Carabiniere

Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

Before I get into too much detail, I'll just say that I never, ever, thought it would be me. Why? I've always considered myself to be a *very* casual gamer, meaning that I would normally limit my playtime to allow for whats known as real life. I mean, I have a wife and three kids to take care of and support. Well, that was my outlook before WoW, at least before I hit lvl 60.

For those that have been living under a rock for the last three years and never heard of it, WoW = World of Warcraft. It's an MMORPG that puts you right in the middle of the, well...world of Warcraft. There is simply one purpose to the game, get better gear. It don't go any deeper than that, period. Some might say, "Oh, I just play for the friends and the gameplay and because it's fun." Yeahh...bullshit. Now, there are two paths to take to get said better gear, and those are to either PvP or raid (PvE). I chose the latter.

You may ask, why didn't you just stop? This is where it gets touchy. To put it into a real world perspective, any smoker will tell you that once you get hooked, it's damn near impossible to quit. And this is exactly like WoW, and I assume pretty much any other MMO is. The developers know that they need to keep the game interesting and "new", so every month or so they release new content. And with this new content comes new (better) gear. And because everyone playing the game wants the new "l337" gear, they keep pumping the money machine and keep renewing.

If you've never played the game, you might be saying, "Ok, so you want the best gear, big deal, right?" Wrong. It takes literally countless hours, that eventually lead to countless days to get said gear. I mentioned up there that I chose to do the PvE side of the game. To get the gear I have on just my warrior, I played anywhere from 4-6 hours a night, seven nights a week. I eventually recieved all of the best gear available to me at the time, in terms of being a tank. And because I was a tank, I was required to always be there. Because of this, for a while, I liked the feeling of being the center of attention. I would get nearly all of the heals, and because of this, it gives you the feeling of being invincible. In simple terms, if I died, so did 39 other people...and who wants that?

Eventually my guild found someone to replace me as a tank, and I was told that I could take some time off, or DPS (damage per second). Well, me being kind of stubborn, thought it was a waste to attempt to DPS as a warrior, so I rolled a rogue. Which I also have completely geared out in the best gear available to me at the time.

"How long exactly did this take?" you may ask. Well, the last day I logged in, I did a quick /played check. On my warrior it looked like this.

Time played this character: 65 days, 22 hours, 18 minutes.
Time played this level: 45 days, 18 hours, 43 minutes.

My rogues time was quite a bit less..

Character: 30 days
Level: 10 days
(I don't remember the hours and minutes)

Look at that for a second...that's DAYS played. Add that between both characters and that's nearly 100 days...DAYS, not hours or minutes, days of my life gone, and that's just them two. I have five other characters (not including my bank) that range anywhere from lvl 19 to 49. All together, it's probably safe to say that I have nearly or just over a year of played time on this game. An entire year.

Now, you may ask, why didn't you choose to do PvP?

Quite simply, I did.

On my warrior I made it to rank 11 (there are 14 ranks), and that was only to get the cheap mount, not the gear. To make it as far as I did, to get from rank 9 to 11, took me roughly 10 hours a day for two weeks straight to attain. In order to get from rank 13 to 14 would require me to play at a minimum of 12-15 hours a day for four weeks straight, and this is assuming that my server would have agreed with the honor caps (honor = rank per week = standing). In order to attain rank 14 you have to have the number 1 standing on your server for 4 weeks in a row.

You may still be thinking, "So what? You played the game...ALOT! There aren't any real consequences to that...right?" Again, wrong. Very very wrong. This game has cost me so much that to think about it almost sickens me. First of all, unlike most addicted gamers, I didn't gain weight, not an ounce. I lost it...and lots of it. I would go entire weekends without eating, and hardly any sleep. All together I lost almost 20 pounds that I know that I'll never be able to gain back. Then you have to factor in the money. Figure that I also paid for my wife's account and she started playing it roughly the same time as me. Two copies of the game, just over a year and a half for the subscription multiplied by 2, adds up to almost $600. Then the big one, my marriage. This game absorbed me so much that I just simply stopped caring about any real life. Me and my wife have recently separated.

And to think, I still want to play the game. But, my willpower (thankfully) is stronger than I thought it was, and it's been a little over a month since I renewed. There are still days when I sit here at my computer just wanting to jump online and say hello to all my old friends and go on a quick (haha) raid.

So there's my story. I know it's long, and none of you even asked for it, but I figured it would be best to let it be known. That video game addiction is a real thing and there are real world consequences. So think about this the next time you start up a game and have a feeling that you're getting addicted. Think to yourself, "Is it getting to be too much? Is it getting to be too late?" Because, honestly, it probably is.

"The game of life is not so much holding a good hand as playing a poor one well" - Unknown

Last edited by Scuzz; 18 Dec 2006 at 11:52 PM.
Scuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Dec 2006, 11:27 PM   #9 (permalink)
Tumbleweed

xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.

Wow dude...that's fucking nuts.

I'm really sorry to hear about the situation with you and your wife...hopefully that all works out for the best.
xer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Dec 2006, 11:39 PM   #10 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

Yeah that's crazy

I also echo xer0's sentiments about the situation with your wife working out for the best.

I think it's safe to say that I'm nowhere close to being addicted to any video games I come home from work and hop on the net, not The Box, but the net. Sometimes I'll have a session that lasts a few hours, and other times I can go days to a week without even turning it on. Yeah, I'm just a casual gamer
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Dec 2006, 11:44 PM   #11 (permalink)
****** By *************s Again

Hardy is a PWF Hall of FamerHardy is a PWF Hall of FamerHardy is a PWF Hall of FamerHardy is a PWF Hall of FamerHardy is a PWF Hall of FamerHardy is a PWF Hall of FamerHardy is a PWF Hall of FamerHardy is a PWF Hall of FamerHardy is a PWF Hall of FamerHardy is a PWF Hall of FamerHardy is a PWF Hall of Famer

I have never ever been that addicted to a game. But about every game I get I become addicted to it for a while. All the GTA's I own I played ALOT. More recently its been NFS: MW. And even back in the day it was Super Mario World.
Old 19 Dec 2006, 01:45 AM   #12 (permalink)
the true heir to hogwarts

Boystar , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Boystar , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Boystar , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Boystar , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Boystar , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Boystar , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Boystar , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Boystar , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Boystar , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Boystar , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Boystar , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

I'm addicted to Madden 07 right now. It seems like I'm playing that game all day, but atleast I take alot of breaks. I'm going through season after season like it's nothing.

Ever since GTA3 came out, I've bought them all ASAP and they've become my life. Just when I think I've played the series enough for one lifetime, I'll pull out one again and beat it, then spend countless hours on killing sprees etc. For anyone who has played GTA, tell me that shit is not addicting. I don't really think my countless hours playing GTA is a bad thing, because I've had alot of fun, and it ain't like my life is important anyways.

I can safely say that I've been addicted to almost every game I own at one point. Usually it's just a phase, though.
Boystar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Dec 2006, 01:55 AM   #13 (permalink)
RTT
You know me!

RTT is a PWF Hall of FamerRTT is a PWF Hall of FamerRTT is a PWF Hall of FamerRTT is a PWF Hall of FamerRTT is a PWF Hall of FamerRTT is a PWF Hall of FamerRTT is a PWF Hall of FamerRTT is a PWF Hall of FamerRTT is a PWF Hall of FamerRTT is a PWF Hall of FamerRTT is a PWF Hall of Famer
Send a message via AIM to RTT

I was addicted to Runescape, NHL/NBA 2K6 and a game called Maplestory that Reesecal and myself play.

Now if anything, i'm addicted to the Internet and probally not even that.

You down with RTT?
RTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Dec 2006, 03:59 AM   #14 (permalink)
CK
Spin Doctor

CK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DC
Send a message via AIM to CK

if by addicted you mean "hours disappear without me realizing it"

then I am addicted to the following games
-Madden
-Splinter Cell

Once upon a time
-Jet Set Radio
-Suzuki Alstare Extreme Racing

both dreamcast games

CK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Dec 2006, 04:13 AM   #15 (permalink)
{~PWF's leading man~}

Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.

Damn, Scuzz, thats fucked up. I wish the best of luck in getting back with your wife and i hope you do. Throw the game away and hopefully let her know your off this addiction. Funny enough just yesterday i was trying to install the trail version of that exact game (World of Warcraft).

I've been addicted to Final Fantasy 10, i'll play that for hours that felt like minutes.

When i was a kid it was Pokemon Red, yes Pokemon Red...you may laugh now,lol.

<select name=which style="font-family: Tempus Sans ITC; font-size: 12pt; background-color: green; font-weight: ; color: orange">
<option>Tap out list</option>
<option>Sam</option>
<option>CDWC (x2)</option>
<option>Blu Angel</option>
<option>BOSTON (x5)</option>
<option>Dan Mavrick</option>
<option>Stephenc97</option>
<option>afficial (x4)</option>
<option>ShyneFactory</option>
<option>Camini</option>
<option>EminemPacPWF</option>
<option>2Gangsta (x2)</option>