ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Games & Technology

Games & Technology Want the latest news and cheats of your favorite game? Wanna talk about upcoming games? Wanna talk about your favorite comics, or toys and other hobbies?

Camera Gurus

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16 Dec 2006, 04:49 PM   #1 (permalink)
Tumbleweed

xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.
Default Camera Gurus

I need your help. I'm looking to buy a reasonably priced digital camera that's of a decent quality. I need to have some control over the shutter speed, an optical zoom of atleast 3x, and it has to support SD cards. Of course I want a DSLR like this...

...but I simply can't afford $900-$1,200 for a camera at this time. I was checking this one out which seemed to fit most of my needs, but I am concerned that it may not be good enough.

Thoughts? Recommendations? Please?

xer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Dec 2006, 04:52 PM   #2 (permalink)
(:

sparx is a god damn rich cunt.sparx is a god damn rich cunt.sparx is a god damn rich cunt.sparx is a god damn rich cunt.sparx is a god damn rich cunt.sparx is a god damn rich cunt.sparx is a god damn rich cunt.sparx is a god damn rich cunt.sparx is a god damn rich cunt.sparx is a god damn rich cunt.sparx is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via MSN to sparx

I believe Glue's wife is a professional photographer. He'll probably be able to help you.

I currently have a Samsung Digimax D53.

It has 5 mega pixels, 3x optical zoom, and a 2.4 ince lcd screen.

Last edited by sparx; 16 Dec 2006 at 04:56 PM.
sparx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Dec 2006, 04:55 PM   #3 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

What was the price range you were looking at?

Best Buy has some around $200-$300 that are 6+ megapixels with an optical zoom of at least 3x...
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Dec 2006, 05:26 PM   #4 (permalink)
Tumbleweed

xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey Crack
What was the price range you were looking at?

Best Buy has some around $200-$300 that are 6+ megapixels with an optical zoom of at least 3x...
The cheaper the better...but I suppose I could drop $200 if it was a good enough deal.
Old 16 Dec 2006, 05:58 PM   #5 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christ
The cheaper the better...but I suppose I could drop $200 if it was a good enough deal.
6.0 megapixel, 4x optical zoom

8.0 megapixel, 5x optical zoom

Full page of digital cameras under $199

I was actually looking to get Cyn a digital camera for her birthday (decided to maybe go away from the mp3 player) and was looking at some of these. Apparently her mom got me a digital camera for Christmas though, so for now I'm holding off on looking further into digital cameras.
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Dec 2006, 01:16 PM   #6 (permalink)
I hate people

Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Send a message via AIM to Toof Send a message via MSN to Toof Send a message via Yahoo to Toof

Xero I think I can give you a hand on this.

If you want a good camera with good ahutter speed you'll need to ro fork out some extra dough. I have a Fujifilm S5600 and I think this is the best digital camera I have ever purchsed. Granted it's not 200 bucks and it uses the XD card but I think it's the closest you can get to a digital SLR camera. Also you can add solar filters and lenses to this camera.

Althou I gotta admit that the Pentax K10D you just posted is really nice too. But I would of liked to see an actual picture taken with that camera.
Toof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Dec 2006, 04:52 PM   #7 (permalink)
Tumbleweed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toof
Xero I think I can give you a hand on this.

If you want a good camera with good ahutter speed you'll need to ro fork out some extra dough. I have a Fujifilm S5600 and I think this is the best digital camera I have ever purchsed. Granted it's not 200 bucks and it uses the XD card but I think it's the closest you can get to a digital SLR camera. Also you can add solar filters and lenses to this camera.

Althou I gotta admit that the Pentax K10D you just posted is really nice too. But I would of liked to see an actual picture taken with that camera.
Yeah...I'm thinking I'll have to hold off on the camera for a while and save up so I can get myself one that I'll actually be happy with.

Old 19 Dec 2006, 08:38 AM   #8 (permalink)
I hate people

Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Send a message via AIM to Toof Send a message via MSN to Toof Send a message via Yahoo to Toof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christ
Yeah...I'm thinking I'll have to hold off on the camera for a while and save up so I can get myself one that I'll actually be happy with.

Yeah that's what I had to do as well. Mine was 400 dollars in a bundle deal but I am more than satisfied with the picture quality and the abilities the camera has. My dad is more hardcore than me on digital photography thou, he has a Canon Digital Rebel XT.
Old 19 Dec 2006, 06:35 PM   #9 (permalink)
****** By *************s Again

Hardy is a PWF Hall of FamerHardy is a PWF Hall of FamerHardy is a PWF Hall of FamerHardy is a PWF Hall of FamerHardy is a PWF Hall of FamerHardy is a PWF Hall of FamerHardy is a PWF Hall of FamerHardy is a PWF Hall of FamerHardy is a PWF Hall of FamerHardy is a PWF Hall of FamerHardy is a PWF Hall of Famer

I almost bought the XT, but the xti had just came out so I went with it. I love it, but I think it might be alittle out of his price range.
Old 19 Dec 2006, 08:38 PM   #10 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC

The wife hasn't really taken the transition to digital photography well. We like Film. In looking to convert to a digital camera, we find we have to go at least 10 mpx, and to be honest we haven't even looked into shutter speed at this time, but what we've seen thusfar we are going to need at least a grand for.

I'll ask a friend who uses all digital. He's actually pretty good w/ PS, and it's looking like PS + high end digital cameras are where photography is going to be. But his rig set him back a fucking grip. He rocks a 10 megapixel Canon, said it ran close to a grand...and he's looking to upgrade in the near future...

^^I'm pretty sure that was what he had...

But that's what this guy does. The wife is part time and shit, word of mouth advertising, etc etc...this guy is year round, all day every day. I'll see if there's any kind of bargains he's aware of.

Basically though, it takes a lot of green to get a really nice camera.

And I'm sure it's nice, but I don't think this is what you're looking for...

This is what the wife and I are looking into w/ the Tax Monies...

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.

Last edited by The Glue; 19 Dec 2006 at 08:43 PM.
The Glue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Dec 2006, 11:51 PM   #11 (permalink)
I hate people

My dad is a photo Junkie. He has all sorts of filters, lenses and even that additional flash that you connect on top. He is retired so that keeps him occupied and happy. He has taken REALLY nice pictures and some on the odd side. He took a picture of the head of a squirrel he saw after a storm.
Old 20 Dec 2006, 01:15 PM   #12 (permalink)
****** By *************s Again

Hardy is a PWF Hall of FamerHardy is a PWF Hall of FamerHardy is a PWF Hall of FamerHardy is a PWF Hall of FamerHardy is a PWF Hall of FamerHardy is a PWF Hall of FamerHardy is a PWF Hall of FamerHardy is a PWF Hall of FamerHardy is a PWF Hall of FamerHardy is a PWF Hall of FamerHardy is a PWF Hall of Famer

I bought mine at a local camera store. I bought a package deal with it. So the total was $1200 plus tax. But I got a better lens, and an extra battery, software, nice bag, some books, and a few filters. It was a much better deal that Best Buy because I got so much more, but it did cost more.