ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Games & Technology

Games & Technology Want the latest news and cheats of your favorite game? Wanna talk about upcoming games? Wanna talk about your favorite comics, or toys and other hobbies?

Laptops & Airport Screeners

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13 Dec 2006, 02:30 AM   #1 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!

Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.
Send a message via MSN to Trevelbond
Default Laptops & Airport Screeners

I'm going to be taking my laptop on a short trip in January, and I've never taken it on one where I need to deal with security. I've been looking at some travel tips sites and they all have the same recommendation: Put the laptop in "sleep" mode so it can be quickly started if the security fella asks me to start it.

This seems like a bad idea to me. I mean, it won't be well ventilated in my briefcase for an hour on my way to the airport. I'm worried I might damage it. It starts up reasonably quick anyway.

So to you travelers: is this really a needed step? I'd rather not have this thing partially running in my bag on the ferry and train to the airport.

-Trevelbond-
Trevelbond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Dec 2006, 02:56 AM   #2 (permalink)
CK
Spin Doctor

CK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DC
Send a message via AIM to CK

start it up at the airport....

Trust me. They already assume you're a terrorist....why?.....because you wanna ride on a plane

No reason to make the ordeal any more painful than it has to be.

If you leave it turned off, you just know they're gonna want it turned on....make sure you have no disc in the drive. They can and very well may take the damn thing apart. SFO security are a bunch of pole smokie communist fuckwits. They know damn well that you have 20 minutes to make your connection flight, so they need you to unpack your carry on, start up your laptop, and strip to your boxers....

The only thing worse than SFO is LAX....good Christ, at LAX you not only have to go thru security once, but then you have to get on a goddam trolley to make it to your connection flight in Terminal Zimbabwe ....then you have to go thru more security and do a dive and roll maneuver to make it onto the plane before it leaves without you.

You are only allowed to carry personal hygenie items in travel size containers. They must all fit in a 1 qt clear plastic baggie.

I recommend making your travel experince as easy as possible. Leave the comp in sleep. Carry bare minimums in your carry on. Don't wear a belt. DO wear sandals.

Ugh....I hate airports so much.

soooo ummmm......where ya headed?

CK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Dec 2006, 02:57 AM   #3 (permalink)
Tumbleweed

xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.

Its not necessary. When I had to travel to Florida after Ivan hit I had a laptop and various computer parts and software with me and never had a problem. Both the airports I loaded from were not very big tho, Pensacola and Akron-Canton.

You do need to take the laptop out of its case and place it into its own bin.
xer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Dec 2006, 12:30 PM   #4 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!

Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.
Send a message via MSN to Trevelbond

Headed from SFO to John Wayne International. Disneyland.
Trevelbond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Dec 2006, 12:59 PM   #5 (permalink)
Dev
KOBASHI KOBASHI KOBASHI!!

Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christ
Its not necessary. When I had to travel to Florida after Ivan hit I had a laptop and various computer parts and software with me and never had a problem. Both the airports I loaded from were not very big tho, Pensacola and Akron-Canton.

You do need to take the laptop out of its case and place it into its own bin.

I concur, the Mrs. and I just went back to Alabama with 3 laptops in tow, (hers, mine and a gift for her Ma) and we needed to was place them in separate bins. And that was at at 4 airports (Portland, Or; Houston, Tx; Birmingham Al; and Atlanta Ga.)

Dev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Dec 2006, 04:16 PM   #6 (permalink)
CK
Spin Doctor

CK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DC
Send a message via AIM to CK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevelbond
Headed from SFO to John Wayne International. Disneyland.

I say, turn it on....SFO is a bitch

I haven't dealt wit John Wayne, tho

CK is offline   Reply With Quote