ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Games & Technology

Games & Technology Want the latest news and cheats of your favorite game? Wanna talk about upcoming games? Wanna talk about your favorite comics, or toys and other hobbies?

Sony Cuts Japan PS3 Shipment Numbers.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30 Oct 2006, 07:38 PM   #1 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC
Default Sony Cuts Japan PS3 Shipment Numbers.

Click.

Quote:
What's worse than 100,000 units at launch? How about 80,000? The Nikkei Keizai Shimbun morning edition reports today that due to component shortages, Sony will have only 80,000 units ready for the PS3's 11/11 Japanese launch. This cuts back by a fifth the initial launch target of 100,000.

I wonder if the NA launch numbers will change from 400,000 units...

This launch is not looking good at all, and is making MS's worldwide launch look that much more impressive.
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Oct 2006, 07:42 PM   #2 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

So they'll be going for over 1,000 on ebay 2 hours later. Awsome.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Oct 2006, 07:44 PM   #3 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo
So they'll be going for over 1,000 on ebay 2 hours later. Awsome.
People that pre-ordered the console already have it listed on EBay I believe.
Old 01 Nov 2006, 11:40 PM   #4 (permalink)
Secret Agent

Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.

It can ship 2 fucking consoles alone worldwide, for all I care. Its still gonna own 360....

Oh you better believe I'm back. And already with the PS3 fanboy bullshit.
Old 02 Nov 2006, 04:45 AM   #5 (permalink)
sleek & shiny™

pyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICK
Send a message via MSN to pyXL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Submission
It can ship 2 fucking consoles alone worldwide, for all I care. Its still gonna own 360....

Oh you better believe I'm back. And already with the PS3 fanboy bullshit.
Thank God you're back. The 360 losers are increasing in number...
Old 02 Nov 2006, 07:14 AM   #6 (permalink)
Never forget the name!

DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.
Send a message via MSN to DrDoom

I'm a big PS mark since nintendo went to shit. I'm just pissed that SVR07 won't be coming out on PS3 and the PS3 release date is so delayed. Its making me consider getting a XBOX 360. I'm gonna fight the urge though and stay loyal I think. I can deal with SVR07 on on PS2 hopefully it won't be much worse.

PS3 is the logical choice I mean look at the options. The WEEEEEEEE, need I say more (I could, I mean the controller is a TV remote wtf)? The SUXBOX 360 (wow it sucks all the way around) which whilst its graphics own it lacks games that aren't FPS' which should be played on the PC anyway and it doesn't really focus on gameplay but puts everything into graphics. So yeah WEEEE SUXBOX or playstation 3. Not a hard choice.

Props to Sly as Hell for the banner.

DrDoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Nov 2006, 11:44 AM   #7 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Send a message via MSN to Spear Send a message via Yahoo to Spear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoom
The SUXBOX 360 (wow it sucks all the way around) which whilst its graphics own it lacks games that aren't FPS' which should be played on the PC anyway and it doesn't really focus on gameplay but puts everything into graphics. So yeah WEEEE SUXBOX or playstation 3. Not a hard choice.
*Waits for Stick and his laundry list of games that arn't FPS.
Old 02 Nov 2006, 12:11 PM   #8 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

Quote:
I'm a big PS mark since nintendo went to shit. I'm just pissed that SVR07 won't be coming out on PS3 and the PS3 release date is so delayed. Its making me consider getting a XBOX 360. I'm gonna fight the urge though and stay loyal I think. I can deal with SVR07 on on PS2 hopefully it won't be much worse.

PS3 is the logical choice I mean look at the options. The WEEEEEEEE, need I say more (I could, I mean the controller is a TV remote wtf)? The SUXBOX 360 (wow it sucks all the way around) which whilst its graphics own it lacks games that aren't FPS' which should be played on the PC anyway and it doesn't really focus on gameplay but puts everything into graphics. So yeah WEEEE SUXBOX or playstation 3. Not a hard choice.
Hold on a sec, have you even seen the batarang ps3 controller??? Talk about freaking ridiculous. Not to mention they scrapped the vibration feature to try and tack in the motion sensing after they saw where nintendo was going. Sony is trying to have it both ways, but you're going to end up with half the experience. Nintendo designs it's games around the user interface and how to create new gameplay experiences. Analog control? Nintendo. Rumble features? Nintendo. Motion control? Nintendo. They keep inventing new technologies and this feature is already being copied by Sony. Don't pretend for a second that they aren't trying to figure out how to tack on a speaker after nintendo built one in. I mean, you can rip on the thing for being different if you want, but you have to at least take a look at that silly ps3 thing.

Some other things. How can you complain about the xbox library not having enough games and then saying you're pissed that svr isn't going to be on ps3? You should complain about ps3's lack of games then. You also say that xbox puts everything into graphics, as if sony doesn't do the exact same thing. But nintendo isn't putting everything into graphics and you bash them for doing something different??? Besides that, xbox has a huge advantage over ps3 with it's installed xbox-live communitty which dwarfs anything sony has. Online interactivity is something that xbox owns, so you can't really say they only focus on graphics. The truth is, ps3 is nothing but a graphics machine. They're not focused on community like xbox. They're not focused on new gameplay interaction like nintendo. They have graphics power and a reputation.

Some other things you not really considering is the price of the damn thing. If you wanna drop a grand on day one for a ps3 and one game, I can't really say anything. But for me and my money, I'll take an xbox and pimp it out, then tack on a wii + zelda, mario and their library of killer aps any day. Just ask Trip Hawkins's about launching a super pricey system with killer specs someday. ps3 is on shakey ground. I might be wrong, but I'm guessing parents aren't going to run out and buy their kiddies $600 systems plus a couple $60 games. Not when better options are coming to the party.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Nov 2006, 12:33 PM   #9 (permalink)
sleek & shiny™

pyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICK
Send a message via MSN to pyXL

I thought the boomerang-PS3 controller had been dropped for one essentially the same as the PS2 controller.
Old 02 Nov 2006, 12:57 PM   #10 (permalink)
Tumbleweed

xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyXL
I thought the boomerang-PS3 controller had been dropped for one essentially the same as the PS2 controller.
This is correct...except they did remove the vibration function for motion sensoring similar to the Wii.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo
I might be wrong, but I'm guessing parents aren't going to run out and buy their kiddies $600 systems plus a couple $60 games. Not when better options are coming to the party.
I've been saying this for more then a year. It'll be even worse once there are reports of hardware failures like the lasers going out...and going by Sony's past 2 systems I can fucking guarantee they'll be there.
xer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Nov 2006, 03:29 PM   #11 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Quote:

So you go from "considering getting an Xbox 360" to calling it a "SUXBOX 360"? Makes sense.

Oh and games that aren't FPS?

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter (third person tactical shooter)
Saints Row
Dead or Alive 4
Splinter Cell: Double Agent (third person tactical shooter)
Dead Rising
Enchanted Arms (RPG)
Final Fantasy XI (RPG)
Gears of War (third person tactical shooter) -- It should also be noted that this game will pwn the shit out of anything PS3 releases. It will be the kill ap to have for the next year.
Just Cause
Kameo
Marvel Ultimate Alliance
Need for Speed Most Wanted
Need for Speed Carbon
Ninety-Nine Nights
Oblivion

We also can't forget all of the sweet games on the XBL Arcade.

Then slated to come out next year, we have Lost Oddysey, Blue Dragon, Mass Effect, Too Human, Assassin's Creed, Bioshock and several others that aren't FPS.

Oh and for what it's worth, one of PS3's most touted launch titles is an FPS; Resistance: Fall of Man
Old 02 Nov 2006, 03:55 PM   #12 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Send a message via MSN to Spear Send a message via Yahoo to Spear

Quote:
Originally Posted by STICK
Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter (third person tactical shooter)
Saints Row
Dead or Alive 4
Splinter Cell: Double Agent (third person tactical shooter)
Dead Rising
Enchanted Arms (RPG)
Final Fantasy XI (RPG)
Gears of War (third person tactical shooter) -- It should also be noted that this game will pwn the shit out of anything PS3 releases. It will be the kill ap to have for the next year.
Just Cause
Kameo
Marvel Ultimate Alliance
Need for Speed Most Wanted
Need for Speed Carbon
Ninety-Nine Nights
Oblivion
Bolded are must-buys IMO.

Also I take it your only talking exclusives? Otherwise you might as well add stuff like Madden and whatnot to that arsenal.
Old 02 Nov 2006, 04:03 PM   #13 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spear
Bolded are must-buys IMO.

Also I take it your only talking exclusives? Otherwise you might as well add stuff like Madden and whatnot to that arsenal.
A lot of them are exclusives, but some aren't, like the NFS games.

Also, some are next-gen exclusive to 360, like SC: DA (I think), and Just Cause. Those were also released on current-gen consoles.

But yeah, the 360 library is impressive already and is only going to get better.