ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Games & Technology

Games & Technology Want the latest news and cheats of your favorite game? Wanna talk about upcoming games? Wanna talk about your favorite comics, or toys and other hobbies?

Microsoft and the Xbox 360 may have cracked Japan.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19 Oct 2006, 10:31 PM   #1 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC
Default Microsoft and the Xbox 360 may have cracked Japan.

Japan has been predominantly Sony and Nintendo territory as we all know. The original Xbox was not received well there at all, but MS might be gaining ground in Japan now with a few games geared towards the Japanese gaming tastes.

Quote:
Xbox 360 cracks Japan
Thursday 19-Oct-2006 10:17 AM Blue Dragon 360 bundles sell out after first day of pre-orders

Ladies and gentlemen, you might want to sit down; the Xbox 360 has sold out In Japan. Well, the special-edition Blue Dragon bundles have, anyway.

Pre-orders began yesterday for the SE bundle, of which there are 10,000 units, and it miraculously managed to sell out in Japan almost immediately, with the additional 90,000 'standard' bundles reportedly selling fast.

According to 1up.com, one major online retailer managed to sell out of their SE allotment in five minutes, with others managing to last most of the day.

The special-edition bundle contains an Xbox 360 core system with Blue Dragon, along with an original table calendar, Blue Dragon faceplate illustrated by game artist Akira Toriyama and a set of five miniature character figures. All of this for the bargain price of 29,800 yen (134 JPN).

Considering the huge amount of Toriyama fans in the Far East and severe shortages of the PS3, the pre-order sell out is perhaps not so surprising. Still, it's a much-needed boost for Microsoft in Japan, where most weeks it has been struggling to shift even 1,000 units of its next-gen console.

Is MS about to get the break its been praying for in the world's gaming capital? Watch this space.
This is only in regards to Blue Dragon. They also have another RPG, Lost Odyssey, in the works which should get Japanese gamers to buy the 360 console.

In this age of console battles, this is very good news for MS and the 360. If they manage to sell some units in Japan, they very well could end up winning this generation
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Oct 2006, 10:35 PM   #2 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC

Morgan Webb and Adam Sessler from X Play are at the Tokyo game show. They said that the 360's reception was...and I quote..."icey at best".

When you read that 360 sold out, see if there's an actual number. Japan isn't big on Imports...they typically make everything better than anyone else, and as such they don't import much at all, even if it is better than what they have going.

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
The Glue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Oct 2006, 10:40 PM   #3 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

I take it you didn't read the article? Maybe just skimmed it?

They sold out pre-orders for a bundle, and it gave the numbers

Quote:
Pre-orders began yesterday for the SE bundle, of which there are 10,000 units, and it miraculously managed to sell out in Japan almost immediately, with the additional 90,000 'standard' bundles reportedly selling fast.
That's 100,000 pre-orders. That doesn't necessarily equal sales, not yet at least, but it does show that Japan is interested in that game...
Old 19 Oct 2006, 11:33 PM   #4 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Send a message via MSN to Spear Send a message via Yahoo to Spear

...as Bill Gates creams himself.
Old 20 Oct 2006, 01:07 PM   #5 (permalink)
sleek & shiny™

pyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICK
Send a message via MSN to pyXL

The 360 is still gonna get wiped out by Sony and Nintendo, though.
Old 20 Oct 2006, 01:24 PM   #6 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyXL
The 360 is still gonna get wiped out by Sony and Nintendo, though.
Unless Sony lowers the $600 price tag and shuts the fuck up so we don't get any more bad news, I doubt it.
Old 20 Oct 2006, 01:31 PM   #7 (permalink)
sleek & shiny™

pyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICK
Send a message via MSN to pyXL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spear
Unless Sony lowers the $600 price tag and shuts the fuck up so we don't get any more bad news, I doubt it.
I meant in Japan...
Old 20 Oct 2006, 01:35 PM   #8 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Quote:
I meant in Japan...
Ah.

Then yes your right.
Old 20 Oct 2006, 03:07 PM   #9 (permalink)
Tumbleweed

xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.

Quote:
I meant in Japan...
Actually I just read a story about how the PS3 has such huge hype in Japan but that many feel the system costs too much right now and will be waiting for it to drop in price. I'll see if I can dig that up...
xer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Oct 2006, 05:11 PM   #10 (permalink)
SC
ATWA

SC is a god damn rich cunt.SC is a god damn rich cunt.SC is a god damn rich cunt.SC is a god damn rich cunt.SC is a god damn rich cunt.SC is a god damn rich cunt.SC is a god damn rich cunt.SC is a god damn rich cunt.SC is a god damn rich cunt.SC is a god damn rich cunt.SC is a god damn rich cunt.

Wasn't the xbox 360 $600 at launch...I distinctively remember reading it was, that could have been a bundle though I don't know.
Old 20 Oct 2006, 05:33 PM   #11 (permalink)
Tumbleweed

xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC
Wasn't the xbox 360 $600 at launch...I distinctively remember reading it was, that could have been a bundle though I don't know.
$300 for the core package(no hard drive, wired controller, no HiDef hookups)

$400 for the premium package(HiDef hookups, wireless controller, 20GB hard drive)

The prices have not changed at all since launch.

I'm looking at a Madden bundle package that will include...

Premium 360
Madden 2007
Extra Wireless Controller
12 Months of Xbox Live Gold
Charging station for the wireless controllers

$509 for all that.
Old 20 Oct 2006, 05:35 PM   #12 (permalink)
SC
ATWA

SC is a god damn rich cunt.SC is a god damn rich cunt.SC is a god damn rich cunt.SC is a god damn rich cunt.SC is a god damn rich cunt.SC is a god damn rich cunt.SC is a god damn rich cunt.SC is a god damn rich cunt.SC is a god damn rich cunt.SC is a god damn rich cunt.SC is a god damn rich cunt.

Well fuck a duck, I remember kurt saying 599 or something.

Is 600 for PS3 baseline...?
Old 20 Oct 2006, 07:47 PM   #13 (permalink)
Tumbleweed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC
Well fuck a duck, I remember kurt saying 599 or something.

Is 600 for PS3 baseline...?
$600 for a PS3 with a 60GB hard drive

$500 for a PS3 with a 40GB hard drive
Old 21 Oct 2006, 12:45 AM   #14 (permalink)
SC
ATWA

See I always get confused what you need to have for the xbox and ps3 to have a good gaming experience

Eh I'm still a year away from purchasing one so pooh
Old 21 Oct 2006, 09:08 AM   #15 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC
See I always get confused what you need to have for the xbox and ps3 to have a good gaming experience

Eh I'm still a year away from purchasing one so pooh
Here's how it is, straight up, not being biased at all.

If you're loaded and already have a hi-def setup with surround sound and all that jazz and can afford it, go with Playstation 3.

For what it offers, it is the best value, even with its $500-$600 pricetag.

If you want to pick and choose what you want, go with the Xbox 360. They don't force you to pay for what you don't need.

What I mean by that is this...the PS3 costs $500 and $600 dollars because its media drive is Blu-Ray, a next-gen media format. The Xbox 360 uses a standard DVD drive, which keps costs down. To compete with Sony, MS will be releasing an OPTIONAL HD-DVD add-on drive. If you aren't ready to enter into the next-gen DVD wars, then you don't have to. Later on down the road, if you decide you want to get the next-gen format, MS offers it to you that option to upgrade.

The PS3 also is WiFi enabled out of the box, where as with the 360 you can buy the WiFi network adapter, if you want the WiFi connection that is. The thing about the PS3, some people don't need WiFi, so that's an added expense that could co unused. Me personally, I took xer0's advice and went the wired route.

What it really comes down to is the games and which console has the games you want to play. Xbox 360 is doing a hell of a job to get some great exclusives.