ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Games & Technology

Games & Technology Want the latest news and cheats of your favorite game? Wanna talk about upcoming games? Wanna talk about your favorite comics, or toys and other hobbies?

Xbox 360 News.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15 Aug 2006, 06:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC
Default Xbox 360 News.

Quote:
Microsoft released today an update to retail Xbox 360 sales figures and forecast for the current fiscal year. By holiday 2006, Microsoft expects to ship in excess of 10 million Xbox 360 consoles along with a library of 160 games. And by the end of their fiscal year in June, 2007, between 13-15 million consoles worldwide are forecasted to ship.

Microsoft also provide some updated info on peripherals and game sales. Based on this month’s NPD data, the industry standard for tracking US momentum and market share, Microsoft states:

Xbox 360’s accessory attach rate held steady for the fourth consecutive month at 2.9 accessory units sold per console. At nine months into the lifecycle, Xbox 360 is still setting a record with the highest accessory attach rate of a console launch in the US.

Xbox 360’s software attach rose this month to 4.6 games per console. This surge continues to show the depth and breadth of Xbox 360’s video game library.

Xbox 360 had 4 of the 10 top selling titles across consoles:
-“NCAA Football 2007” (EA)
-“Prey” (Take 2)
-“Chromehounds” (Sega)
-“Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle Earth II” (EA)
Link

Those are some impressive numbers. The Xbox 360 continues to break and set console records.

That 4.6 games per console attach rate should be rising in the coming months with some great games set to be realeased, including Madden 07, Saints Row, Rainbow Six Vegas, Splinter Cell: Double Agent, GEARS OF WAR, WWE SVR07, Forza 2 and numerous other games.

You people without a 360 don't know what you're missing and I can assure you that you won't want to miss out on some of those upcoming titles
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Aug 2006, 07:42 PM   #2 (permalink)
Delusion Over Addiction

Smigs is almost STICK-ly in his greatnessSmigs is almost STICK-ly in his greatnessSmigs is almost STICK-ly in his greatnessSmigs is almost STICK-ly in his greatnessSmigs is almost STICK-ly in his greatnessSmigs is almost STICK-ly in his greatnessSmigs is almost STICK-ly in his greatnessSmigs is almost STICK-ly in his greatnessSmigs is almost STICK-ly in his greatnessSmigs is almost STICK-ly in his greatnessSmigs is almost STICK-ly in his greatness

Very interesting, but do they really have a chance of actually winning the sales war against the juggernaut Sony. The key for mass market acceptance is after the first significant price drop. If they can rope in a load of casuals with a big drop in the systems price then the war (vice versa, tiss the same for Sony) is theirs for the taking.

Smigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Aug 2006, 08:12 PM   #3 (permalink)
J-E-T-S

Skill spends too much goddamn time on the interwebs.Skill spends too much goddamn time on the interwebs.Skill spends too much goddamn time on the interwebs.Skill spends too much goddamn time on the interwebs.Skill spends too much goddamn time on the interwebs.Skill spends too much goddamn time on the interwebs.Skill spends too much goddamn time on the interwebs.Skill spends too much goddamn time on the interwebs.Skill spends too much goddamn time on the interwebs.Skill spends too much goddamn time on the interwebs.Skill spends too much goddamn time on the interwebs.
Send a message via Yahoo to Skill

I am going to sell all of my PS2 games, so I can buy the better Xbox 360.

Last edited by Skill; 15 Aug 2006 at 08:21 PM.
Skill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Aug 2006, 08:13 PM   #4 (permalink)
Tumbleweed

xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.

A $300 Premium and $200 Core pricing structure would bring those numbers up significantly as Smigs explained above. The fanboys have it...now is the time to pull in the casuals. I'll admit that is the reason I am holding out...I know they'll drop it and $400 is still just too fucking much for a video game system.
xer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Aug 2006, 08:21 PM   #5 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Send a message via MSN to Spear Send a message via Yahoo to Spear

Quote:
Originally Posted by xer0
A $300 Premium and $200 Core pricing structure would bring those numbers up significantly as Smigs explained above. The fanboys have it...now is the time to pull in the casuals. I'll admit that is the reason I am holding out...I know they'll drop it and $400 is still just too fucking much for a video game system.
Think they'll lower it for the holiday season?
Old 15 Aug 2006, 08:35 PM   #6 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spear
Think they'll lower it for the holiday season?
There's been rumors of a pricedrop, but MS denies them, for obvious reasons.

Personally, I don't think there will be one. The PS3 will sell out at launch, then it'll sell out its Christmas shipment. People that were willing to pay $500 or $600 for a PS3 could very well turn to the $300 or $400 Xbox 360. It should should well for Christmas at that pricepoint.

Like I said, there have been rumors of a pricedrop, but the consoe should sell strong at that pricepoint through the holidays
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Aug 2006, 09:51 PM   #7 (permalink)
Tumbleweed

xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.

Stick is right...it wont be until sometime after the holidays before we see a 360 price break. My money is on it being announced at E3 next year and the actual drop will happen in time for summer.

I may break down and buy one this holiday season...I really want the next-gen Madden. The Xbox version looks so shitty compared to the 360 version.
xer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Aug 2006, 10:37 PM   #8 (permalink)
CK
Spin Doctor

CK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DC
Send a message via AIM to CK

Quote:
Stick is right...it wont be until sometime after the holidays before we see a 360 price break. My money is on it being announced at E3 next year and the actual drop will happen in time for summer.

I may break down and buy one this holiday season...I really want the next-gen Madden. The Xbox version looks so shitty compared to the 360 version.
I've been purposely avoiding even looking at the next-gen Madden. I can't get the 360 yet
CK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Aug 2006, 10:38 PM   #9 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Send a message via MSN to Spear Send a message via Yahoo to Spear

Quote:

I've watched someone play Oblivion, hence, me getting one for christmas.