ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Games & Technology

Games & Technology Want the latest news and cheats of your favorite game? Wanna talk about upcoming games? Wanna talk about your favorite comics, or toys and other hobbies?

wwe unhappy with THQ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13 Aug 2006, 03:05 AM   #1 (permalink)
Tom Hanks With-A the Aids

Forgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICK
Send a message via MSN to Forgotten Sin
Default wwe unhappy with THQ?

WWE not happy with THQ
Published: 04 Aug 2006 14:01
Submitted: 04 Aug 2006 12:30 By: withintheranks
PlayStation 3 | Rumors
News4Gamers.com |

According to staff at WWE euroshop and at THQ, the WWE have been upset over the annoucement by THQ, for dropping this years addition of its ever so popular smackdown series for the PS3.

Staff at WWE euroshop have even stated that they,ve been told not to sell THQ's videogames until further notice.

THQ signed WWE to10 year contract to publish the WWE games on various platforms every year.

According to THQ reps, the WWE have a profound relationship with Sony corp, and have felt cheated by THQ over the annoucement.

Since the contract began, Sony have supported the WWE for 23 pay per views and 41 house shows and tours, and use to sell Sony products at its WWE store in times square.

Rumours did spread a while back that the WWE were looking to part with THQ and sign with a bigger company (EA probably), but THQ held there ground.

If this story of a rift does get bigger, i doubt THQ will have the WWE on its books.

Forgotten Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Aug 2006, 03:11 AM   #2 (permalink)
Never forget the name!

DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.
Send a message via MSN to DrDoom

yeh cant say I'm surprised they are pissed, I'm pissed. Its unbelievably gay that they are going to release it on PS2 but not on PS3 I don't understand the logic. It will lose them alot in sales.

Props to Sly as Hell for the banner.

DrDoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Aug 2006, 03:17 AM   #3 (permalink)

TheGame , I can't believe you got THIS far...TheGame , I can't believe you got THIS far...TheGame , I can't believe you got THIS far...TheGame , I can't believe you got THIS far...TheGame , I can't believe you got THIS far...TheGame , I can't believe you got THIS far...TheGame , I can't believe you got THIS far...TheGame , I can't believe you got THIS far...TheGame , I can't believe you got THIS far...TheGame , I can't believe you got THIS far...TheGame , I can't believe you got THIS far...
Send a message via MSN to TheGame

Sign with EA Sports, I'm sure they can make a better game than WCW Mayhem that EA released a long time ago..

Thanks to Duke for the banner
TheGame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Aug 2006, 09:15 AM   #4 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC

The problem is that in signing with a new developer, it's pretty much back to the drawing board. Games like RAW and Wrestlemania have been lambasted by fans and critics alike for everything from gameplay to content.

The SmackDown franchise is really as refined a wrestling game as there's been on the current gen systems, and it's mass appeal makes it akin to the Madden Franchise for football.

In dropping THQ, WWE would essentially be going back to square one, and bringing the gaming crowd into WWE is a big part of the business plan.

This could be a tough situation.

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
The Glue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Aug 2006, 11:54 AM   #5 (permalink)

Forgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICK

EA has collaborated with AKI in the past (AKI infamous for games like WCW/NWO Revenge, WWF No mercy, and Wrestlemania 2000) so hopefully they could work together.

Old 13 Aug 2006, 12:08 PM   #6 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoom
yeh cant say I'm surprised they are pissed, I'm pissed. Its unbelievably gay that they are going to release it on PS2 but not on PS3 I don't understand the logic. It will lose them alot in sales.
Development on the new hardware probably wasn't going as they expected so the game for PS3 might not have been able to be finished in time for the console launch or for the game's multi-platform release. I'm sure they weren't just sitting around and going, "Hey, let's cheat the PS3 fans just for the hell of it!"
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Aug 2006, 12:12 PM   #7 (permalink)

well, they're still slated for a PS3 version of SVR '08 (as referred to on IGN)

Old 13 Aug 2006, 12:37 PM   #8 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forgotten Sin
well, they're still slated for a PS3 version of SVR '08 (as referred to on IGN)
Exactly. Like I said, it was development problems for the PS3. They probably didn't have final dev kits for as long as they would have liked, which slowed the process, especially since it's new hardware.
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Aug 2006, 12:53 PM   #9 (permalink)

Oh well, at least they still have copies for PS2 and PSP. not as dynamic as the 360 version, but sony will still make money for them.