ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Games & Technology

Games & Technology Want the latest news and cheats of your favorite game? Wanna talk about upcoming games? Wanna talk about your favorite comics, or toys and other hobbies?

Madden 2006 or NCAA Football 2006?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05 Sep 2005, 03:07 PM   #1 (permalink)
J-E-T-S

Skill spends too much goddamn time on the interwebs.Skill spends too much goddamn time on the interwebs.Skill spends too much goddamn time on the interwebs.Skill spends too much goddamn time on the interwebs.Skill spends too much goddamn time on the interwebs.Skill spends too much goddamn time on the interwebs.Skill spends too much goddamn time on the interwebs.Skill spends too much goddamn time on the interwebs.Skill spends too much goddamn time on the interwebs.Skill spends too much goddamn time on the interwebs.Skill spends too much goddamn time on the interwebs.
Send a message via Yahoo to Skill
Default Madden 2006 or NCAA Football 2006?

I am debating which of these two to buy. I am leaning more towards Madden but I am not sure. So which should I get?

Skill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Sep 2005, 03:29 PM   #2 (permalink)
Tumbleweed

xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.

I like Madden, but I haven't gotten a chance to play NCAA yet.
xer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Sep 2005, 05:16 PM   #3 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Send a message via MSN to Spear Send a message via Yahoo to Spear

NCAA. I just like the whole product better than Madden. I like how it seems like your more right in the action with NCAA, rather than Madden, where it seems more like your watching a football game. I also like how with NCAA, just because you were good one year, doesn't mean your going to be good the next. I like how you have to recrute players, and how you have to really know what players are there, and what players arnt. With Madden, you find what works, use that over and over and over until all the players retire, get a diffrent set of players, then find out what works with them, and then the whole siries starts over again.
Old 05 Sep 2005, 11:38 PM   #4 (permalink)
No Frills

Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

Fortunately, this place is swarming with geeks so the Student Activity Center has both. They're essentially the same game so just ask yourself if you would rather win the (yawns) NFL MVP or the Hiesman.
Nick Saban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Sep 2005, 01:05 AM   #5 (permalink)
Dev
KOBASHI KOBASHI KOBASHI!!

Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!

I love NCAA 06 (Roll Tide!!!), but have yet to play Madden 06.

Dev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Sep 2005, 01:16 AM   #6 (permalink)
CK
Spin Doctor

CK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DC
Send a message via AIM to CK

I couldn't stand NCAA....too much aggrivation

CK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Sep 2005, 11:45 AM   #7 (permalink)
Tumbleweed

xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.

I finally started playing NCAA 06 last night. It plays differently then Madden does and like Kurt pointed out, if you're used to Madden then NCAA will aggrivate you to the point of throwing the controller through the TV screen.

Once I got used to the differences in the controls I started liking the game a bit more. The race for the Heisman mode is pretty cool IMO. I am working on making my QB a school legend now so I can bring him up to the Dolphins next off season in Madden which is great since I desperately need a strong QB.

If you prefer following college football, get NCAA. If you prefer following pro football, get Madden. If you're into both, get NCAA and beat the Race for the Heisman and/or Dynasty modes...then go buy Madden and import your NCAA data into it.
Old 06 Sep 2005, 01:56 PM   #8 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeR0
I finally started playing NCAA 06 last night. It plays differently then Madden does and like Kurt pointed out, if you're used to Madden then NCAA will aggrivate you to the point of throwing the controller through the TV screen.

Once I got used to the differences in the controls I started liking the game a bit more. The race for the Heisman mode is pretty cool IMO. I am working on making my QB a school legend now so I can bring him up to the Dolphins next off season in Madden which is great since I desperately need a strong QB.

If you prefer following college football, get NCAA. If you prefer following pro football, get Madden. If you're into both, get NCAA and beat the Race for the Heisman and/or Dynasty modes...then go buy Madden and import your NCAA data into it.
Wait a second, you can take the draft class off of NCAA and have that be the draft class on madden?
Old 06 Sep 2005, 02:00 PM   #9 (permalink)
Tumbleweed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spear
Wait a second, you can take the draft class off of NCAA and have that be the draft class on madden?

Yes, I'm not sure how it all works as I'm not that far along, but you can from what my friend has told me. Its not a new feature either, supposedly it started last year.
Old 06 Sep 2005, 02:11 PM   #10 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeR0
Yes, I'm not sure how it all works as I'm not that far along, but you can from what my friend has told me. Its not a new feature either, supposedly it started last year.
That, is bitchin.

I've had a few players over the NCAA years where I wondered how they did in the pros.
Old 06 Sep 2005, 02:21 PM   #11 (permalink)
CK
Spin Doctor

CK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DC

Might be the wrong thread but who cares....

If you play the Franchise mode on Madden....does it seem like the Drafted players are much better overall than the players from previous years?

I'm pretty far into my Franchise, and I've done a few drafts....the current game's draft seems to have far more 80+ rated players as compared to previous years. I have to spend far less time building the rookies into solid players, far more time deciding who to cut so that I don't exceed the cap.

Old 06 Sep 2005, 02:30 PM   #12 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebird
Might be the wrong thread but who cares....

If you play the Franchise mode on Madden....does it seem like the Drafted players are much better overall than the players from previous years?

I'm pretty far into my Franchise, and I've done a few drafts....the current game's draft seems to have far more 80+ rated players as compared to previous years. I have to spend far less time building the rookies into solid players, far more time deciding who to cut so that I don't exceed the cap.
It seemed like that for me on '04 and '05. I drafted this one player on '04 that came in and was like a little Ty Law right off the bat.
Old 06 Sep 2005, 02:41 PM   #13 (permalink)
CK
Spin Doctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spear
It seemed like that for me on '04 and '05. I drafted this one player on '04 that came in and was like a little Ty Law right off the bat.
I drafted some Rookie Corner and he came out of the draft with an 83 rating...after training camp he was rated 86...by the end of the first season he was Defensive player of the year and had an overall rating of 95

Rookie of Doom

Old 06 Sep 2005, 02:54 PM   #14 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebird
I drafted some Rookie Corner and he came out of the draft with an 83 rating...after training camp he was rated 86...by the end of the first season he was Defensive player of the year and had an overall rating of 95

Rookie of Doom
Now why can't that happen in real life?
Old 06 Sep 2005, 07:27 PM   #15 (permalink)
Never Better

Troy is a STICKTroy is a STICKTroy is a STICKTroy is a STICKTroy is a STICKTroy is a STICKTroy is a STICKTroy is a STICKTroy is a STICKTroy is a STICKTroy is a STICK
Send a message via AIM to Troy Send a message via MSN to Troy

NCAA '06

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Morrison on ECW, after CM Punk crashes into the announce table
.....I'd say he'd have to pay for that, but I don't think he can afford it.

Troy is offline   Reply With Quote