ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Games & Technology

Games & Technology Want the latest news and cheats of your favorite game? Wanna talk about upcoming games? Wanna talk about your favorite comics, or toys and other hobbies?

"Discussion" XBOX flopping on the international market

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03 Mar 2005, 10:02 AM   #1 (permalink)
I hate people

Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Send a message via AIM to Toof Send a message via MSN to Toof Send a message via Yahoo to Toof
Default "Discussion" XBOX flopping on the international market

Well I'm not sure if someone would answer but here it goes.

While XBOX is the number two leading console here in the states and struggling to keep Nintendo on third place. In Europe and Japan the XBOX is a miserable flop. Less than half million XBOX owners in japan compared to the number 2 wich is the gamecube with 3 million units sold Sony with the PS2 as top dog with 27 milliion. On Europe the numbers are not similar but XBOX is still number three.

This draws my question for this discussion.

Why Microsoft XBOX is failing so badly on the iternational market specially in japan. We all know markets differ but there are more reasons other than that.

Discuss.
Toof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Mar 2005, 11:06 AM   #2 (permalink)
shot in the head.

dimebag is a splendid one to beholddimebag is a splendid one to beholddimebag is a splendid one to beholddimebag is a splendid one to beholddimebag is a splendid one to beholddimebag is a splendid one to beholddimebag is a splendid one to behold

sony's dominace in japan is because sony is based there and microsoft is not... as well there have not really been any japenese only titles for xbox the way there is for sony....

a lot of people feel that microsoft is just going into the console market to prove the do not have a monopoly i.e. windows..

microsoft is till losing money on every xbox sold...
dimebag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Mar 2005, 11:16 AM   #3 (permalink)
I hate people

Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Send a message via AIM to Toof Send a message via MSN to Toof Send a message via Yahoo to Toof

Microsoft was expecting to regain the loses from the XBOX (hardware) using the sales of the games but unfortunately for Microsoft it didn't worked. I don't think it is because Microsoft is american based and Sony is japanese based. There is something other than that.
Old 03 Mar 2005, 12:20 PM   #4 (permalink)
Tom Hanks With-A the Aids

Forgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICK
Send a message via MSN to Forgotten Sin

Xbox sucks to me, so i'm glad it's flopped in the International market.

Forgotten Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Mar 2005, 03:03 PM   #5 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

Xbox doesn't have anything that international people want. It doesn't have mario or pokemon that saves nintendo. It doesn't have the huge library and street cred of sony and playstation. It's just a bigass fucking dumb american piece of machinery. And everyone hates microsoft anyway. The last thing they want to do is fork over a wad of cash for something that just resembles everything they hate about americans in the first place. But if any company can afford to lose all that money, it's ms. So in conclusion, the machine is bigger than most ppl's house, it's ugly as hell, it doesn't have any emotional impact with the buyers, it's from the most hated company in the world and some ppl would rather play an n-gage than xbox.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Mar 2005, 03:13 PM   #6 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Send a message via MSN to Spear Send a message via Yahoo to Spear

Well I was going to say something....but Exo kind of stole the heat.
Old 03 Mar 2005, 04:39 PM   #7 (permalink)
Together We Can!

_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK

there is basicly one reason it flopped. it was made in japan. they make the best systems period.

The War
You support pulling out, I say USE A CONDOM!!!!
_Fox_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Mar 2005, 05:47 PM   #8 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

^do you mean "was not" made in Japan???????

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Mar 2005, 08:22 PM   #9 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC

Well, I can't speak for Europe and moreover I wouldn't want to, but I've studied the Japanese Culture as a hobby for about 16 years now and quite honestly, the Xbox is an American manufactured console. That is the reason that it hasn't sold well in Japan.

The Japanese group mentality could be said to be the most racist on the planet. The Japanese view other cultures as inferior to theirs (and that school of thought is not without merit, BTW), and therefore any products manufactured by gaijin or not Japanese companies are inferior as well, in their estimation.

Honestly, Kodak can't compete with Fuji over there, GM, Ford and Dodge get their asses beat by Mitsubishi over there...the Japanese prefer to buy Japanese products. It's as simple as that, but quite a surprise to see the disparity between PS2s and Cubes sold over there.

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
The Glue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Mar 2005, 10:12 PM   #10 (permalink)
Dewsaw.com live NBA

G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.
Send a message via MSN to G O D Send a message via Yahoo to G O D

well if popularity of a console is based on shelf space for games and shit in EB's......then in australia xbox would be second to the PS2 because the gamecube space is so small its almost non existant. Hell even PC games have a bigger space allocated in stores that the GC

G O D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Mar 2005, 10:44 PM   #11 (permalink)
I hate people

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Glue
Well, I can't speak for Europe and moreover I wouldn't want to, but I've studied the Japanese Culture as a hobby for about 16 years now and quite honestly, the Xbox is an American manufactured console. That is the reason that it hasn't sold well in Japan.

The Japanese group mentality could be said to be the most racist on the planet. The Japanese view other cultures as inferior to theirs (and that school of thought is not without merit, BTW), and therefore any products manufactured by gaijin or not Japanese companies are inferior as well, in their estimation.

Honestly, Kodak can't compete with Fuji over there, GM, Ford and Dodge get their asses beat by Mitsubishi over there...the Japanese prefer to buy Japanese products. It's as simple as that, but quite a surprise to see the disparity between PS2s and Cubes sold over there.

Late.
Thats odd. Mitsubishi is getting his ass handed to them right now by Japan's big three. (Nissan, Toyota and Honda)why you say they sell better than american car? So far all Mitsu has done over there is reduce inventory. They might have the Evo but it's not gonna save the company. Hell even american cars are selling better than Mitsu over there.

Back into topic I think that is not the reason. I know peoplt from Japan and I even visited Tokyo and american culture is accepted. Now on terms of culture yes Japanese think other cultures are inferior specialy anything from the US when it comes to technology since Japan's tech is highly sophisticated.
Old 04 Mar 2005, 09:22 AM   #12 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC

Mitsubishi is the hub of the largest, most powerful keiretzu(sp?) in Japan. They may not be selling as many vehicles as Nissan or Honda over there, but I was comparing Japanese sales to American sales in Japan. I'm pretty certain that the manufacturers that I mentioned (again - GM, Dodge and Ford) are taking it on the chin in Japan when compared to Mitsubishi.

And BTW...the Japanese would never tell anyone something that could lead to confrontation. Confrontation is something to be avoided in Japanese society. Naturally they'll tell a gaijin that the American culture is accepted over there, and for the most part much of the culture is accepted. The people and the products are not.

I got that from a friend's father, who happens to have been the VP of Kodak's Asian Operations. He and his family lived in Tokyo for 3 years. They came back with a better understanding of discrimination. People walking towards them on the sidewalk would cross the street to avoid them, they'd be ignored in retail outlets, in restaraunts they would wait longer than any Japanese to get seated...there's other things too but too tedious to get into.

And again...I was talking about American vehicle sales in Japan. Bringing Nissan, Honda and Toyota into the comparison is beside the point. Hopefully this cuts your confusion.

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
Old 04 Mar 2005, 09:53 AM   #13 (permalink)
I hate people

Quote:
Mitsubishi is the hub of the largest, most powerful keiretzu(sp?) in Japan. They may not be selling as many vehicles as Nissan or Honda over there, but I was comparing Japanese sales to American sales in Japan. I'm pretty certain that the manufacturers that I mentioned (again - GM, Dodge and Ford) are taking it on the chin in Japan when compared to Mitsubishi.
First of all to clear everything from Mitsu. For the last 5 years Mitsubishi has gone down the hole. A Huge scandal has broken out where the company along with the Japanese goverment covered mayor recalls on most of their vehicle and public trust has gone down to literaly zero. Damier Chrysler owns almost 45% of Mitsubishi and they were ready to sell the company after they learned what happened. I was stunned when I learned they didn't and decided to invest money to save it. Right mitsubishi is in the buttom of the food chanber, even below Mazda and these are mayor words. And I'm talking about the whole division not only cars but commercial fleets among others. A quicky fact. Mitsubishi is the only japanese auto maker where the goverment owns a part of it.

Quote:
I got that from a friend's father, who happens to have been the VP of Kodak's Asian Operations. He and his family lived in Tokyo for 3 years. They came back with a better understanding of discrimination. People walking towards them on the sidewalk would cross the street to avoid them, they'd be ignored in retail outlets, in restaraunts they would wait longer than any Japanese to get seated...there's other things too but too tedious to get into.
I know a soldier who lived 20 years in Japan and admitted that americans are highly discriminated over there. When I went over there I was attended very well even better than a pair of american tourists I saw. Maybe is because I'm hispanic but I dunno.
Old 04 Mar 2005, 10:49 AM   #14 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

^^You know what?? I'd forgotten about the Mitsubishi scandal. Yeah....scandals like that do have a tendency to hold more weight as to a person or company's stature in Japan than they do over here. In fact, a reflection of a person is also a reflection of the company he/she works for over there. Even still, I'm willing to wager that there are more Mitsus on the road in Japan than any American vehicle.

Late.

Old 04 Mar 2005, 11:24 AM   #15 (permalink)
I hate people

Quote:
^^You know what?? I'd forgotten about the Mitsubishi scandal. Yeah....scandals like that do have a tendency to hold more weight as to a person or company's stature in Japan than they do over here. In fact, a reflection of a person is also a reflection of the company he/she works for over there. Even still, I'm willing to wager that there are more Mitsus on the road in Japan than any American vehicle.

Late.
Oh course. Remember there is literaly a cult of Lancer Evo fans out there (I'm one of em too ). Hell you can see the 86 Corolla Hatch backs in Japan a lot. They are highly idolized in japan specialy between the drifting community.