ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Games & Technology

Games & Technology Want the latest news and cheats of your favorite game? Wanna talk about upcoming games? Wanna talk about your favorite comics, or toys and other hobbies?

well it's official- We're going to San Andreas

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17 Mar 2004, 06:38 PM   #1 (permalink)
Tom Hanks With-A the Aids

Forgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICK
Send a message via MSN to Forgotten Sin
Default well it's official- We're going to San Andreas

Source: IGN.com

Ending all the speculation about the next installment of the Grand Theft Auto series, Rockstar Games announced today that Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas is indeed coming out. GTA: San Andreas will be an exclusive title for PlayStation 2 and will ship on Tuesday, October 19, 2004 in North America, and Friday, October 22, 2004 in Europe.

In the past few months, the latest Grand Theft Auto continuously has been rumored as Grand Theft Auto: Sin City, Grand Theft Auto 5, and Grand Theft Auto: Anything You Can Think Of. To make things even more confusing, Rockstar Games registered those names for Internet sites in addition to other titles like Grand Theft Auto: Bogota and Grand Theft Auto: Tokyo. Unless these are potential future cities for the franchise, these names were most likely done to create red herrings for the press and fans of the series.

In the original Grand Theft Auto, San Andreas was a city that was based on the likeness of San Francisco. Sections of the city in the game had names that were variations of the names of different Bay Area neighborhoods. With the hilly nature of the city by the bay, gamers might be seeing some more terrain than previous installments.

With more than 11.5 million copies of Grand Theft Auto: Vice City and more than 10.5 million copies of Grand Theft Auto 3 sold worldwide, there's a lot of pressure to make the next installment live up to the name. Leslie Benzies, president of developer Rockstar North, acknowledged this by stating, "We are extremely humbled by the success of the Grand Theft Auto series and it has made us push ourselves further than ever to create a title in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas that will hopefully redefine the Grand Theft Auto series and revolutionize open-ended gameplay and video game production values."

"In the past couple of years, we have put an enormous amount of pressure on ourselves to ensure we do everything possible to exceed people's expectations with Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas," stated Sam Houser, president, Rockstar Games. "Even though we still have eight months to go, we are starting to become very proud of what we have achieved and we can't wait to get the game into players' hands."

IGN spoke with Rockstar Games officials, but no more information was revealed. GTA: San Andreas completes Rockstar's exclusivity arrangement with Sony Computer Entertainment, which was modified last year to permit GTA III and GTA Vice City to appear on Xbox last fall. Thus, we suspect GTA: San Andreas might very well appear on Xbox one year after the fall 2004 PS2 release in fall 2005.

Check back later when we'll have more information about GTA: San Andreas.

______

I Can't wait for this game, as fun as it is Killing in Vice city, i am definitely ready to tear it up in san andreas.

Last edited by Forgotten Sin; 17 Mar 2004 at 06:41 PM.
Forgotten Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Mar 2004, 06:52 PM   #2 (permalink)
Extreme.

Darkstar Nobody Likes This Poster... Especially STICK...

I really can't wait for this game. It looks a lot better then Vice City Imo.
Darkstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Mar 2004, 11:26 PM   #3 (permalink)
I hate people

Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Send a message via AIM to Toof Send a message via MSN to Toof Send a message via Yahoo to Toof

Meh we discussed this a while back and we pretty much got it right three weeks before they published it.
Toof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Mar 2004, 11:35 PM   #4 (permalink)

error402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerichoholic
I really can't wait for this game. It looks a lot better then Vice City Imo.
How's this? Have you seen the game or something?

Anyway, I'll be picking this up for sure the day it hits the shelves. I love all the GTA games and this one should be no different, although I was hoping on it being in Vagas but what can you do?
error402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Mar 2004, 04:26 AM   #5 (permalink)
Secret Agent

Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by error402
How's this? Have you seen the game or something?
thats what I was gonna say...

we can't be definite that this will be better than Vice City, Rockstar might crack under the pressure and fuck up, but i doubt it. this is Rockstar's big test... but I know that i'm buying it reguardless.
Old 18 Mar 2004, 05:09 PM   #6 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!

Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.
Send a message via MSN to Trevelbond

Heh heh.... GTA comes to my hometown....

This will be interesting... I can't wait to see what neighborhoods they use...

We are definetly gonna see Hunters Point and Vis Valley.... Prolly the Mission district too... Myabe Tiburon or Belvedere as the rich neighborhoods?
Trevelbond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Mar 2004, 05:19 PM   #7 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

EARTHQUAKE!EARTHQUAKE!EARTHQUAKE!

Should be cool. Some nice norte violence and all. Plenty of gangs to choose from, although I'm sure the mexican population is going to make a bigger stink than the Hatians did. Hopefully Rockstar will continue to say fuck all and make a kick ass game that offends everyone. And after the success with vice city, I have full confidence that this game will continue to improve on an awsome formula.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Mar 2004, 06:52 PM   #8 (permalink)
-X-

-X- will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to -X-

i fucking cant wait for this ...... i need some new terrain to fuck shit up in ....... goddamn i love the gta games.....

syco13
-X- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Mar 2004, 08:22 PM   #9 (permalink)

Neil #1 Fighter is on a distinguished road

GTA, is my fav type of game,and SA will be no change.
Neil #1 Fighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Mar 2004, 11:23 PM   #10 (permalink)
I hate people

Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Send a message via AIM to Toof Send a message via MSN to Toof Send a message via Yahoo to Toof

I still never understood why the haitian community was bitvhing so much about it?
Toof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Mar 2004, 12:48 AM   #11 (permalink)

Neil #1 Fighter is on a distinguished road

Because they are assholes,and they wanted something to complain about!........thats what i think anyway.
Neil #1 Fighter is offline   Reply With Quote