ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Games & Technology

Games & Technology Want the latest news and cheats of your favorite game? Wanna talk about upcoming games? Wanna talk about your favorite comics, or toys and other hobbies?

HUGE XBOX rumour

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02 Feb 2004, 12:31 AM   #1 (permalink)
Tom Hanks With-A the Aids

Forgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICK
Send a message via MSN to Forgotten Sin
Default HUGE XBOX rumour

Gamespot:

Rumor Control: $99 Xbox, Nintendo 3DS, Baldur's Gate 3

The week's raked muck yields tidbits on a Panzer Dragoon Saga sequel and a virtual Halle Berry.

With every publisher in existence releasing their financial figures, it was a crazy week in game-land. Rumors ran rampant, including more chatter about a console Battlefield 1942--this time for the PlayStation 2--and a out-of-thin-air $199 price tag for the Nintendo DS. GameSpot culled a few of the more interesting members of the murmur herd to test their veracity:

RUMOR #1: Microsoft will drop the Xbox price to $99 by Labor Day and will have the Xbox 2 ready by 2005.

Source: The latest Game Over column from CNN/Money games reporter Chris Morris.

The official story: Microsoft did not respond to e-mails or voice mails. Shocker.

What we heard: When Morris, one of the most game-savvy reporters in the mainstream media, wrote the speculative headline "Xbox for $99? Xbox 2 in 2005?" he probably knew some gamers would take it as gospel. (Those are question marks, people!) But thousands of subsequent forum posts have treated the price point--which comes from a single analyst--as all but official. But anyone who actually read the article knows that such a deep cut is far from a done deal. Microsoft already loses money on every $179 Xbox sold--dropping another $80 "would result in a flood of red ink," according to Morris. However, Morris astutely points out that Microsoft cares more about expanding its brand than filling its already overflowing coffers, so such a drastic measure isn't totally out of the question. He's a lot more skeptical about the Xbox 2 launching in 2005, a year before the PS3 is expected. "Showing your hand a year before the industry's 500 lb. gorilla does carries a significant amount of risk," says Morris. "Just ask Sega."

Bogus or not bogus?: Semi-bogus. The consensus among game-industry insiders is there will be an Xbox price-cut this year. The only question is how big it will be.

Forgotten Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Feb 2004, 06:21 AM   #2 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

lol. So Mircosoft thinks their smart by releasing Xbox 2 a year sooner. Well too bad were not idiots, and can wait for another year for the ps3. So I wonder how many consoles it will take before Mircosoft realizes that their not fit for the gaming industry?
Old 02 Feb 2004, 11:56 AM   #3 (permalink)
Moderator Of Good & Evil

Location: Walking upon high, as I step to the edge to see my world below..
The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

^^^EXCACTLY....PS3 is more than worth the wait...(providing that rumours are true)
Old 02 Feb 2004, 12:14 PM   #4 (permalink)
Kryptonite

X-box 2 will kick ass

99 dollar price tag for x-box is a great idea...I need a new one...I wore this one down
Old 02 Feb 2004, 02:53 PM   #5 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Orton
X-box 2 will kick ass

99 dollar price tag for x-box is a great idea...I need a new one...I wore this one down
Your right it will kick ass...for the first year until ps3 comes out. Then it will be nothing once again.
Old 02 Feb 2004, 03:27 PM   #6 (permalink)
Tom Hanks With-A the Aids

Forgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICK
Send a message via MSN to Forgotten Sin

Xbox2 will still suck. Ps3 will dominate the Video Game world just as The PS2 is right now!

Forgotten Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Feb 2004, 08:21 PM   #7 (permalink)
Heavyweight

David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forgotten Sin
Xbox2 will still suck. Ps3 will dominate the Video Game world just as The PS2 is right now!
I agree, however I'm hoping that Nintendo will release a new console that'll kick PS3's ass but I don't see it happening.

On a side note I doubt that the XBOX going for $99 thing is any true but if it is I might just pick one up.
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Feb 2004, 08:24 PM   #8 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Damage
I agree, however I'm hoping that Nintendo will release a new console that'll kick PS3's ass but I don't see it happening.

On a side note I doubt that the XBOX going for $99 thing is any true but if it is I might just pick one up.
I would like to see Nintendo doing better too. The thing that is really hurting them right now is not having the GC online.