ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Games & Technology

Games & Technology Want the latest news and cheats of your favorite game? Wanna talk about upcoming games? Wanna talk about your favorite comics, or toys and other hobbies?

What should I buy?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21 Jan 2004, 10:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC
Default What should I buy?

OK, I am so bored here recently and all I have is a PSOne. I haven't put anymore money into it because I very rarely play it. I wanna know from you guys, which game system I should buy. Give me the pros and cons of each system please, and I'll determine if I should spend money on a new system and games.

Game genres that I like to play are:

Sports: Football, Baseball, Hockey, Basketball.
Wrestling
Racing/Driving
Some First Person Shooters

Pleae inform me which system is best suited to these categories, and of the categories, which games are best, ie Madden or Fever, EA or 989, etc.

Oh yeah, I don't want GameCube, so it's a choice between PS2 and X Box.

Thanks for any replies in helping me make this all important decision.
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Jan 2004, 10:58 PM   #2 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

Get a PS2. It has the largest selection in games. And I know since you don't have a DVD player, you can use that as a DVD player, and you won't need to buy a remote to use DVDs like you do with the Xbox. I know you probably won't but the network adaptor for the PS2, but if you happen to do, playing online is free...well for most games. Xbox doesn't even have any EA games online.
Old 21 Jan 2004, 11:00 PM   #3 (permalink)
Secret Agent

Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.

If you like the controls of your PSOne, you'll automatically have an advantage playing PS2 rather than X-Box.

A PS2 can play DVDs, Burnt DVDs, PS2 Games, CDs, and PSOne games.

As for your game choices, theres a shitload to choose from. Ones you'd be interested in would be Madden 2004, NBA 2004, NHL 2004 (not sure about Baseball though), GTA 3, Vice City, Smackdown Here Comes The Pain etc.

I've never heard of Fever or 989 but EA and Madden are leaders in their gaming fields though.

PS2 is the way to go.
Old 21 Jan 2004, 11:05 PM   #4 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Steiner
If you like the controls of your PSOne, you'll automatically have an advantage playing PS2 rather than X-Box.

A PS2 can play DVDs, Burnt DVDs, PS2 Games, CDs, and PSOne games.

As for your game choices, theres a shitload to choose from. Ones you'd be interested in would be Madden 2004, NBA 2004, NHL 2004 (not sure about Baseball though), GTA 3, Vice City, Smackdown Here Comes The Pain etc.

I've never heard of Fever or 989 but EA and Madden are leaders in their gaming fields though.

PS2 is the way to go.
989 is garbage. Don't even bother wasting your money on those games.
Old 21 Jan 2004, 11:08 PM   #5 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

Pros that I got from the girl at Toys R Us for Xbox were:

X Box - Better graphics, hard drive (no memory card), comes with 2 games (I think)

She didn't really say anything about PS2 that was better, and also included that she would buy an XBox if she had the money.
Old 21 Jan 2004, 11:08 PM   #6 (permalink)
Secret Agent

Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.

EA is the greatest sports game producer ever IMO, NBA Live 2004 kicks ass.

But Stick, considering you havent played SD SYM you won't consider HCTP a huge dissapointment like the rest of us, but don't worry, you will soon enough.

It is also a must that you buy GTA 3 and Vice City.
Old 21 Jan 2004, 11:10 PM   #7 (permalink)
Secret Agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatiSTICK

X Box - Better graphics, hard drive (no memory card), comes with 2 games (I think)

She didn't really say anything about PS2 that was better, and also included that she would buy an XBox if she had the money.
well she's on crack. PS2 has the biggest selection of games out of all the big 3 consoles (PS2, XBOX and GC). XBox graphics are good, yes, but its not like PS2s are shitty. And those 2 games that come with the XBOX are most probably shit. I prefer having a memory card so when I go to my cousins I can use my created guys on HCTP.
Old 21 Jan 2004, 11:12 PM   #8 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatiSTICK

Better graphics? I don't know about that. Maybe some games. But its not like you can really tell. And plus your asking someone from Toys R Us. Those people don't know anything. I'm telling you, go with a PS2.
Old 21 Jan 2004, 11:19 PM   #9 (permalink)
Secret Agent

Lets not forget how chunky XBoxes are, it'll be hard to fit it anywhere. PS2s can stand on their side, so you can put it horizontally or vertically. Keep that in mind.
Old 22 Jan 2004, 12:07 AM   #10 (permalink)

error402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to behold

Go with the PS2, it's by far the best system out there.

All of the goods have already been mentioned pretty much…

DVD player,
Good controller,
Good graphics,
Combatable with PSOne games,
Huge selection of games,
The console doesn't look gay either.
error402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Jan 2004, 08:48 AM   #11 (permalink)
****** By *************s Again

Hardy is a PWF Hall of FamerHardy is a PWF Hall of FamerHardy is a PWF Hall of FamerHardy is a PWF Hall of FamerHardy is a PWF Hall of FamerHardy is a PWF Hall of FamerHardy is a PWF Hall of FamerHardy is a PWF Hall of FamerHardy is a PWF Hall of FamerHardy is a PWF Hall of FamerHardy is a PWF Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel
Get a PS2. It has the largest selection in games. And I know since you don't have a DVD player, you can use that as a DVD player, and you won't need to buy a remote to use DVDs like you do with the Xbox. I know you probably won't but the network adaptor for the PS2, but if you happen to do, playing online is free...well for most games. Xbox doesn't even have any EA games online.

I thought you had to have a remote?

And get a PS2 you will like it much better.
Old 22 Jan 2004, 11:14 AM   #12 (permalink)
Vicious Vixen

Monica is a god damn rich cunt.Monica is a god damn rich cunt.Monica is a god damn rich cunt.Monica is a god damn rich cunt.Monica is a god damn rich cunt.Monica is a god damn rich cunt.Monica is a god damn rich cunt.Monica is a god damn rich cunt.Monica is a god damn rich cunt.Monica is a god damn rich cunt.Monica is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via MSN to Monica Send a message via Yahoo to Monica

^^^ No, you can play the dvd's with the ps2 controller.
Old 22 Jan 2004, 03:33 PM   #13 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

The ps2 is by far the most versitile and for most gamers, it's the center of their setup. An xbox or cube is pretty much an add on or extension.

And even though I'd recommend the ps2 if you're only going to have one console, give the cube some consideration. It's a lot cheaper which means you can get more games off the bat with it. It has madden which is the only football game you will ever need. You can play Metroid prime which is the best FPS to come out in years. Zelda is imo the best game last year. And you can prolly pick up like 4 used games and a system for under 200 bucks which lets you get going right away, so don't be so quick to dismiss it.
Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Jan 2004, 03:52 PM   #14 (permalink)
Hanh!

Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.

ps2 is waaaaaay better than xbox. it comes out with more games (well, the stores here carry alot more for ps2 anyways), divd thing, and doesnt look gay like the xbox
Side Effect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Jan 2004, 08:24 PM   #15 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Hmmm, I still haven't decided.

For playing games online for either, do you have to have an existing high speed connection...?