ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Games & Technology

Games & Technology Want the latest news and cheats of your favorite game? Wanna talk about upcoming games? Wanna talk about your favorite comics, or toys and other hobbies?

If I owned THQ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16 Jan 2004, 06:38 PM   #1 (permalink)
Secret Agent

Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.
Default If I owned THQ...

Hi friends.

UmÖ Iím gonna try and write up something like this every once an a while about a game or something, like a smart-ass review for games and shit, so Iím gonna see how this goes. If you fuckers donít replyÖ fuck you. This took me ages so listen up. And if any of you fuckers are from THQ and spy on wrestling websites for ideas, sit down, print this and give it to your boss. Iím about to tell you how to do your job, how to create the greatest ever Smackdown game. Just listen to JB and all will be fine.

Listen though, I got a lot of ideas from my own good brain, and a lot from PW forums too. So lets say this is a collection of peopleís ideas. The following are short little things that can be improved pretty easily and would make the game better. The others would improve the game drastically.

- Make it a lot harder to win a match, IE, if you are a face against a heel, make the heel fuckin do some heelish shit. Like cheating to win, cos I see none of it.
- Also program wrestlers to hate certain people, and team up with others. A hint of this was in SD1 where you could choose your favourite wrestler as a Ďbuddyí in the back, and also fuckin through season mode create friendships and bitter hatred with peeps in the back.
- Attention to detail. Speaking of the Elimination Chamber, I was quite pleased with it, but I still have a bitter hatred for TLC matches. Wrestlers donít really climb up ladders that fuckin fast. And they donít swing on the belt when holding it. And when they win they donít fall down. In the WWE they de-attach the belt from its holder-thingy. I WANT THAT! Attention to detail is a must. It makes the game look slicker and more professional.
- A hard drive. SoÖ I read some reviews for RAW 2, and it has sound advantages over the Smackdown series because of the hard-drive. Iím sure those Jap Geniuses could come up with a detatchable hard-drive for the PS2. If they had that, they could have a choice of your own music.
- Full roster. I want everyone on the WWE roster on the game. DAMMIT! If they work for the company, have them in it, even if they job on Velocity or Heat.
- Proper entrance music. If they can't get certain ones like Victoria because of licensing issues they could at least say that before the game comes out, not on the last minute like last time.
- A code system for CAWs. To where, you make a CAW, and they give you a code. You could give that code to someone else, and the CAW editor would put it together automatically, like a preset CAW. This would really help the CAW community and make it easier instead of having to type out those huge formulas. Not to mention go through and actually use them.
- Better Ďrulesí. I notice that a type of reversal is a low-blow. That is illegal. If we must have it make it so only heels can have it when the refís backs are turned. And normally one canít stand up after one of them.
- As they do each time, more match types, wrestlers, create parts, original music, entrances, and taunt parts.
- Better legends. Iím talking Hulk Hogan. Andre. Bret Hart. Savage. Not Hillbilly Jim dammit!
- A better create mode. You see, there is not one decent business shirt or tuxedo in the game. Better parts.
- Under the ring, getting weapons. Make it so that when you go under the ring, up comes a little menu of what weapon you want, and you can quickly select a fire extinguisher without having to go out of the arena.
- Bring back the commentators! And make it so you can beat the shit out of them.
- Create a belt.
- Managers. Ability to have a manager and have the manager help you out backstage and follow you to the ring.
- More finishers, attires for a superstar, and especially for CAWs. For Wrestlers/CAWs - Up to 5 finishers, up to 5 attires.
- Custom Entrance, like in RAW 2.
- Create a move would be badass. It would take a while, but.
- Better stable shit. Like, have up to 8 members and make it so when you donít have to go through like 50 slots so everyone can come out as a team.
- Womenís season mode. Being able to play as the women and compete for the women's belt is a must.
- Weaponry. More weapon moves, and double team ones too, like Con-chair-to, and 3D through a table.
- Pre-season mode was cool too, back in SD1, for CAWs. Good fun.
- And finally, make it a little harder to get a SD move. Most matches are 5 minutes long and involve finishers. IE, smarter AI.

And now, a few longer theories on season and other shitÖ

SEASON MODE
Some guy said the following on PW. I thought it was a good idea.

The game would be two disks. Disk #1 would have a choice of two different story modes. One story, which will be unlocked, would be just like any other game and would be four years long. The main story mode would be a sort of Tony Hawk Underground type story. You would create a wrestler. He/she would start off as a local wrestler in the place you choose. You could choose any of the 50 states, Japan, Canada, England, or Mexico. You would start off working Indy shows but as the game progresses you will gain popularity and sign with a made up promotion and go as far as you can and then you will finally get signed by WWE and work at OVW. Once you leave OVW you will house shows and dark matches in WWE. Then you will choose from RAW or Smackdown and wrestle weekly on Velocity or Heat. The story won't end until you win the WWE world title. You will also have full control over whether you are a face or heel .If you cheat a lot you will be heel. You can join factions if approached and even start factions. For the first time ever your size will affect the story. If you are small you'll get made fun of. If big you will be put in unfair matches against more the one person often.

Disk #2 will continue with the legends gimmick were you pick a decade and the story will involve the legends of the day. You can pick the 60's, 70ís, 80ís,or 1990-1994. The stories will depend on who your wrestler is and what decade you are in. For instance if you are Jimmy Snuka in the 80's you will face Don Muroco in a cage match and at the end you will dive off the cage onto him. You can change the History by possible injury or ending a long title reign. You would be able to get injured by getting beat severely or missing a big turnbuckle move. If you are Andre the Giant you would fight Hulk Hogan at Wrestlemania 3 and if beat him bad and injure him Hulk Hogan era can be missed by you winning his belt.

This would mean you could have the following seasons Ė Legends, Superstars (Male or Female), Pre-Season (For CAWs. You must do this before starting a season.)

A few minor things:
- I want storylines that have not been done or insult our intelligence because recently I defended the world heavyweight title against Steven Richards, Rico, Tajiri and Rodney Mack.
- Better distinction between being a heel and a face on career mode. Every game it seems you get forced into being a face.
- Choosing when and if you turn, and how.

THE BOOSTER DISC THEORY
I heard the PW guyís 2 disc theory, and I read somewhere else about booster discs, so let me put it together.

The game comes out in 2 discs, one contains all superstars, legends and current workers, and the WWE Season, and Pre-Season. The second would contain the Legend season and other stuff.

But first, they get everything right in this game. EVERYTHING so they donít have to make one every year. Instead have one out every 5 years with a booster pack for $20 containing new superstars and match types, and maybe even storylines.

If they made this, I would easily pay $150, $200, $250 bucks for it. It would be the BEST SMACKDOWN GAME EVER! And all the $20 booster packs too.

Insert cheesy sign-off line here,
JB.
Mr. Submission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Jan 2004, 06:40 PM   #2 (permalink)
Secret Agent

Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.

enjoy...and add your ideas/criticisms to this fine piece that mainly I wrote, with help of other peeps. but yeah, if you have any ideas, pray tell.
Mr. Submission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Jan 2004, 05:57 AM   #3 (permalink)
sleek & shinyô

pyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICK
Send a message via MSN to pyXL

Great ideas. I don't know why you're so hung up on legends. They are all uneeded. They are in the past.
Old 17 Jan 2004, 06:30 AM   #4 (permalink)
Secret Agent

I figured with Legends of Wrestling out, Smackdown could combat it. I think it's a great idea. SD could be the empire of the wrestling market if they wanted.
Old 17 Jan 2004, 12:38 PM   #5 (permalink)
Hanh!

Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.

i like all of the ideas except the legends thing.
Side Effect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Jan 2004, 01:34 PM   #6 (permalink)
Give it To Me..

The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.
Send a message via AIM to The_One Send a message via MSN to The_One

I think they're all great Ideas..I like the legends idea myself..
Old 18 Jan 2004, 02:32 AM   #7 (permalink)
Tom Hanks With-A the Aids

Forgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICK
Send a message via MSN to Forgotten Sin

Hmmm, you really Got a beef with THQ. I Agree with all of it.

Forgotten Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Jan 2004, 02:45 AM   #8 (permalink)
Secret Agent

if THQ listened this would be the best. game. ever.
Old 18 Jan 2004, 02:52 AM   #9 (permalink)

Forgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICK

Again, Gotta agree with your logic.

Old 18 Jan 2004, 03:04 AM   #10 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!ô

Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.
Send a message via MSN to Trevelbond

Its not a bad plan at all... I just wouldn't put money on it happening... Gaming companies are satisfied with products that people buy... lacluster or not...
Trevelbond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Jan 2004, 03:13 AM   #11 (permalink)
Secret Agent

i guarentee that they would make so much more money with a game like this.
Old 18 Jan 2004, 11:25 AM   #12 (permalink)
Tri
GAH!

Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Send a message via MSN to Tri Send a message via Yahoo to Tri

ONLINE! dear god i want that for some reason. i think it would be really cool to play someone in japan for a belt that i created. if he wins, he becomes the champ. and if you wanted the belt back, you challenge him, but he doesnt have to accept. ohh the fun that would be had.
Old 18 Jan 2004, 06:07 PM   #13 (permalink)
Secret Agent

actually, that would be grand. great idea sir.
Old 18 Jan 2004, 09:56 PM   #14 (permalink)
Vicious Vixen

Monica is a god damn rich cunt.Monica is a god damn rich cunt.Monica is a god damn rich cunt.Monica is a god damn rich cunt.Monica is a god damn rich cunt.Monica is a god damn rich cunt.Monica is a god damn rich cunt.Monica is a god damn rich cunt.Monica is a god damn rich cunt.Monica is a god damn rich cunt.Monica is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via MSN to Monica Send a message via Yahoo to Monica

Good ideas, JAbles. I agree with aall of what you said. If a game like that came out, it would sell like mad, imo.
Old 18 Jan 2004, 10:04 PM   #15 (permalink)

You Know what i think, if They Dropped Yukes, and Brought back AKI Style gameplay, That Would Be Great, because as of this week, i've Been playing no mercy a lot more than HCTP!