ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Games & Technology

Games & Technology Want the latest news and cheats of your favorite game? Wanna talk about upcoming games? Wanna talk about your favorite comics, or toys and other hobbies?

some guy Sues Rockstar for "stolen" GTA idea

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05 Jan 2004, 12:26 PM   #1 (permalink)
Tom Hanks With-A the Aids

Forgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICK
Send a message via MSN to Forgotten Sin
Default some guy Sues Rockstar for "stolen" GTA idea

IGN:

December 22, 2003 - Scottish computer consultant Mark Gallagher has filed a lawsuit against Rockstar North, claiming that the company (formerly DMA Design) stole his idea for the game one decade ago.

In 1993, Gallagher showed Rockstar North a demonstration disc of a game that he had been working on and he claims that many of these elements went into the original Grand Theft Auto that came out in 1997.

Gallagher claims that he was interviewing with Rockstar North for a position and showed them his demo disc of his game Crime Inc. to show his skills. He never got the job and the disc was never returned to him. Rockstar North sees things in a different light and will be contending the case in Edinburgh, Scotland.

Why Gallagher has waited so long to make his claim has not been announced. The games are familiar to anyone who owns a PS2 as GTA III and GTA: Vice City have gone on to become two of the biggest sellers on the console.

Why Wait 10 years?

Forgotten Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Jan 2004, 01:27 PM   #2 (permalink)
And yet I fight...

Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Send a message via AIM to Alth Send a message via MSN to Alth

Very good question, sounds like there is more to the story, the guy should have asked for his demo back if he thought it was a good idea, for one...

But, he might have a case based on what I heard, then AGAIN, we haven't heard Rockstar North's side of the story either.
Alth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Jan 2004, 01:56 PM   #3 (permalink)
I hate people

Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Send a message via AIM to Toof Send a message via MSN to Toof Send a message via Yahoo to Toof

Yeah but doesn't it sound odd that he comes back whinning after almost ten years?
Toof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Jan 2004, 03:06 PM   #4 (permalink)

Forgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICK

Well it's his own Damn Fault. He Showed them HIS IDea, And Apparently they Took it From HIm. His Loss. I Think Since Rockstar is Getting A Lot OF Lawsuits and Blames right now, He Picked this Time To Jump of the Bandwagon.

Old 08 Jan 2004, 04:20 PM   #5 (permalink)
I hate people

Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Send a message via AIM to Toof Send a message via MSN to Toof Send a message via Yahoo to Toof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forgotten sin
Well it's his own Damn Fault. He Showed them HIS IDea, And Apparently they Took it From HIm. His Loss. I Think Since Rockstar is Getting A Lot OF Lawsuits and Blames right now, He Picked this Time To Jump of the Bandwagon.
Wich confirms my suspicion that he's full of it.
Toof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Jan 2004, 08:44 PM   #6 (permalink)

all The Same Crap We've Been Talking about for a few Months Now.

Rockstar Targeted For recent Shootings: Crap

Rockstar Targeted By haitians: crap

and now Blamed by Guy for "stolen Idea": Skunk Piss!

What's next i tell you?

Old 08 Jan 2004, 10:52 PM   #7 (permalink)
And yet I fight...

Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Send a message via AIM to Alth Send a message via MSN to Alth

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Darkness
What's next i tell you?
I can bet it will involve a gun and a teenager, because anytime some teenager get's shot it has to be because of video games... the question I've asked from the beginning and will continue to ask in these kinds of horse shit situations, "where were the parents?"
Alth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Jan 2004, 11:55 PM   #8 (permalink)

Hmm, That's Pretty close to the Whole Drive By Shooting Episode, But Yep, I see it coming too!

Old 09 Jan 2004, 01:53 PM   #9 (permalink)
sleek & shiny™

pyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICK
Send a message via MSN to pyXL

Oh yes, video games control teenager's brains. I now feel the need to befriend the obese son of a Cuban cafe owner, arm myself with weapons and blow up a glue factory!
Old 09 Jan 2004, 04:17 PM   #10 (permalink)

Thanks For The Trip Back To VC Knuckles. Makes me want to Pull Out A Chainsaw and Werck some Cop Cars, Pull out The Missile Launcher And Shoot Some Police Hellicopters.

Ah, Memories.......