ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Games & Technology

Games & Technology Want the latest news and cheats of your favorite game? Wanna talk about upcoming games? Wanna talk about your favorite comics, or toys and other hobbies?

GameCube owners: why?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11 Dec 2003, 01:32 PM   #1 (permalink)
I WANT MY COUNTRY BACK

Positively Page is on a distinguished road
Default GameCube owners: why?

Why do you play GameCube? I dont got one but Ive seen it at my peeps house and its all kiddie games

Wheres the GTA or the Devil May Cry or the SOCOM? Why do you buy a console that has only got games made for 5 year olds and plunk your money down

Halliburton SUCKS

BANG!!!

Proud Member of the Democratic Underground
Go DU!!!

Positively Page is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Dec 2003, 02:01 PM   #2 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Positively Page
Why do you play GameCube? I dont got one but Ive seen it at my peeps house and its all kiddie games

Wheres the GTA or the Devil May Cry or the SOCOM? Why do you buy a console that has only got games made for 5 year olds and plunk your money down
Because good gameplay is not limited to killing and violence. I can go from Madden to MGS to Zelda to Mario Kart and have fun playing them all. I guess some ppl don't understand that. It must be one of those closeminded attitudes or something. How bout instead of berating something that you don't play, don't own, and don't know anything about, you go out and do some of this so-called openmindedness you claim to have and give something a try before you dismiss it as being for 5 year olds. It's really pretty pathetic.

Oh, and what would Liberman and Gore think of you playing your "murder simulators" anyway

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Dec 2003, 02:18 PM   #3 (permalink)
Banned By Super Moderators

New Star is on a distinguished road

trust me, you have more 5 year olds playing gta vice city, then mario sunshine

i got one, i haven played anything on it since mario sunshine, but i do enjoy the games
New Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Dec 2003, 09:03 PM   #4 (permalink)
I WANT MY COUNTRY BACK

Positively Page is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDS
Because good gameplay is not limited to killing and violence. I can go from Madden to MGS to Zelda to Mario Kart and have fun playing them all. I guess some ppl don't understand that. It must be one of those closeminded attitudes or something. How bout instead of berating something that you don't play, don't own, and don't know anything about, you go out and do some of this so-called openmindedness you claim to have and give something a try before you dismiss it as being for 5 year olds. It's really pretty pathetic.

Oh, and what would Liberman and Gore think of you playing your "murder simulators" anyway
Mario Kart and Zelda (esp with the cartoon look) are for kids

When is Nintendo gonna realise they have to make games for all people, thats where the money is

Making kiddie game after kiddie game is not gonna help there P.R. either

I dont get why someone would take Gamecube when they can take PS2 that has DVD player and online play, and a library with SOCOM, GTA, Manhunt, Getaway, Madden Online, Gran-fucking-Turismo

Halliburton SUCKS

BANG!!!

Proud Member of the Democratic Underground
Go DU!!!

Positively Page is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Dec 2003, 09:23 PM   #5 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

Quote:

When is Nintendo gonna realise they have to make games for all people, thats where the money is

I dont get why someone would take Gamecube when they can take PS2 that has DVD player and online play, and a library with SOCOM, GTA, Manhunt, Getaway, Madden Online, Gran-fucking-Turismo
I'm sorry to tell you this, but not everyone is alike, and like all the same games. I don't have a GC, but I would want to get one. And who really cares if mario kark and zelda have a so called 'cartoon' look. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean everyone else doesn't either...
Old 11 Dec 2003, 09:23 PM   #6 (permalink)

error402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to behold

I agree and have been saying for a long time that Nintendo needs to branch out as far as their games go. Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy playing Nintendo games, hell they have put out some of the coolest games Ive ever played.

It looks like they have been making an attempt to add some more mature games but nothing drastic.

I guess you just have to see that Nintendo is geared more towards a younger crowd, that's the way its always been and probably the way it always will be.
error402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Dec 2003, 11:53 PM   #7 (permalink)
givin you the evil eye...

Nullpunkt has much to be proud ofNullpunkt has much to be proud ofNullpunkt has much to be proud ofNullpunkt has much to be proud ofNullpunkt has much to be proud ofNullpunkt has much to be proud ofNullpunkt has much to be proud ofNullpunkt has much to be proud of
Send a message via ICQ to Nullpunkt Send a message via AIM to Nullpunkt Send a message via MSN to Nullpunkt Send a message via Yahoo to Nullpunkt

Quote:
.... PS2 that has DVD player and online play, and a library with SOCOM, GTA, Manhunt, Getaway, Madden Online, Gran-fucking-Turismo....
I don't need a DVD player. I already own one. I'd much prefer to have a dedicated DVD machine, than something that plays games half-decent and DVD's half decent.

Online play? well, I've been doing that on a computer for years.

but if i really wanted to play on a videogame console with more than myself, i'd just invite some of my friends over. no matter what you tell me, nothing beats playing video games with a room full of people.

And games are a dime a dozen. each system has it's killer apps.
Old 12 Dec 2003, 08:03 PM   #8 (permalink)
One more match

Hollywood Hogan is a splendid one to beholdHollywood Hogan is a splendid one to beholdHollywood Hogan is a splendid one to beholdHollywood Hogan is a splendid one to beholdHollywood Hogan is a splendid one to beholdHollywood Hogan is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Hollywood Hogan

Quote:

Games for all people? All the games you are listing are for adults, not for all people. The fact of the matter is, you don't have to have endless violence, lewd sexual references, or top of the line realistic graphics. Nintendo makes games that are fun for all to enjoy. They might look kiddie, but you get into them there is a depth and fun to them that is simple enough for kids, but just complex enough to give us adults trouble too. I guarantee that Zelda, Mario Kart, Mario Sunshine, any of those games, take a very talented player to beat, whether it is a kid or an adult. Also, if you want online play, get a top of the line PC, if you want to play DVD's get a DVD player, Gamecube is a video game console, nothing more, nothing less. You don't buy a refridgerator expecting it to have a dishwasher on it.
Old 12 Dec 2003, 10:29 PM   #9 (permalink)
Give it To Me..

The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.
Send a message via AIM to The_One Send a message via MSN to The_One

I'm a PS2 guy myself..but I don't really have anything to say against the gamecube..
Old 14 Dec 2003, 02:37 PM   #10 (permalink)
I hate people

Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Send a message via AIM to Toof Send a message via MSN to Toof Send a message via Yahoo to Toof

I must say Page is half right. Nintendo is loosing market big time because they concentrate solely on kiddie games. They must make a bigger variety. That why Microsoft and Soy are over Nintendo. I say nintendo should look for a few adult games to keep themselves on the market if not they'll trn into the next Sega.

And page you're4 an idiot. All the games you mentioned won't fit in a nintendo gamecude CD because they are on DVD format not on CD-ROM format. Read the facts before you speak you moron.
Toof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Dec 2003, 01:43 PM   #11 (permalink)
One more match

Hollywood Hogan is a splendid one to beholdHollywood Hogan is a splendid one to beholdHollywood Hogan is a splendid one to beholdHollywood Hogan is a splendid one to beholdHollywood Hogan is a splendid one to beholdHollywood Hogan is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Hollywood Hogan

Since the Gamecube price drop Nintendo sales have quadroupled and they have sold more units then any other system.
Old 15 Dec 2003, 04:42 PM   #12 (permalink)
sleek & shiny

pyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICK
Send a message via MSN to pyXL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Hogan
Since the Gamecube price drop Nintendo sales have quadroupled and they have sold more units then any other system.
I heard differently. Sales have rocketed, but Sony and Microsoft are still selling more, and Sony by MUCH more than both. I'm a PS2 guy, but I was planning on getting a GameCube for Christmas before my mobile started playing up so I'm now getting a Nokia 3510i...and GTA III!
Old 15 Dec 2003, 06:06 PM   #13 (permalink)
I hate people

Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Send a message via AIM to Toof Send a message via MSN to Toof Send a message via Yahoo to Toof

Still nintendo needs to grab a piece of the adult market. And making making more adult games might help out a bit. Nothing too radical like Sony and Microsoft but enough to stay competitive.
Old 15 Dec 2003, 07:17 PM   #14 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.
Send a message via MSN to Jason Send a message via Yahoo to Jason

Gamecube has made some violent games,Dead to Rights,True Crime,Medal of Honor Frontline,etc.So please don't go saying they make games just for kids,the games are very fun.I own a Gamecube and I play it all the time.

And don't you go saying anything bad about Zelda or Mario....or I will be forced to verbally kick your ass in the Warzone.
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Dec 2003, 09:28 AM   #15 (permalink)
I hate people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason
Gamecube has made some violent games,Dead to Rights,True Crime,Medal of Honor Frontline,etc.So please don't go saying they make games just for kids,the games are very fun.I own a Gamecube and I play it all the time.

And don't you go saying anything bad about Zelda or Mario....or I will be forced to verbally kick your ass in the Warzone.
None of those games were popular on gamecube. And by the way I will say aomething about zelda and mario. They simply lost the fun factor cause now they have a shit load of mario games and Zelda games hasn't prospered since zelda a Link o the past.

But Mario Party is fun to play, Or Smash Brothers. Watching Mario and Luigi beat the crap out of each other was always interesting.