ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Games & Technology

Games & Technology Want the latest news and cheats of your favorite game? Wanna talk about upcoming games? Wanna talk about your favorite comics, or toys and other hobbies?

The VGA Award Nominees Are........

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18 Nov 2003, 08:41 AM   #1 (permalink)
I hate people

Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Send a message via AIM to Toof Send a message via MSN to Toof Send a message via Yahoo to Toof
Talking The VGA Award Nominees Are........

Source: Gamespot

SpikeTV pegs VGA finalists

Male-centric network to hand out its first annual Video Game Awards

On a televised special that aired last Saturday night, SpikeTV has announced the finalists for its first annual Video Game Awards. Online polling whittled fifteen of the sixteen categories down to three nominees each, with the PC version of Grand Theft Auto: Vice City picking up the most nods: three for the game itself, and two for voice actors Ray Liotta and Jenna Jameson. (Yes, that Jenna Jameson.)

The Video Game Awards telecast will tape at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas on Tuesday, December 2 for broadcast on SpikeTV on Thursday, December 4 at 9pm (ET/PT). Comedian David Spade will host the high-tech ceremony, which will feature presenters L'il Kim, POD, Pamela Anderson and the Oakland Raiderettes, a live performance by Andrew WK and a skate demonstration by Tony Hawk.

Free tickets to the broadcast will be given away on Saturday, Nov. 22 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena box office. Those who want to attend need to show up between 8-11am and receive a numbered wristband for the ticket-giveaway lottery at noon.

The final nominees are....

Game of the Year:

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (PC Version) (Rockstar)
Madden NFL 2004 (EA)
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell (Ubisoft)

Best Sports Game:

Madden NFL 2004 (EA Sports)
NBA Street Vol. 2 (EA Big)
Tony Hawk's Underground (Activision)

Best Action Game:

Freedom Fighters (EA)
Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne (Rockstar Games)
True Crime: Streets of L.A. (Activision)

Best Animation:

Dead or Alive: Extreme Beach Volleyball (Tecmo)
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne (Blizzard)

Best Driving Game:

F-Zero GX (Nintendo)
NASCAR Thunder 2004 (EA Sports)
The Simpsons: Hit and Run (VU Games)

Best Game Based on a Movie:

Enter the Matrix (Atari)
The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (EA)
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (LucasArts)

Best Music:

Def Jam Vendetta (EA Big)
Madden NFL 2004 (EA Sports)

Best Performance by a Human:

David Duchovny - XIII (Ubisoft)
DMX, Method Man, & more - Def Jam Vendetta (EA Big)
Jenna Jameson- Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (PC Version) (Rockstar)
Ray Liotta - Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (PC Version) (Rockstar)
Snoop Dogg - True Crime: The Streets of L.A. (Activision)

Most Addictive Game:

PlanetSide (Sony Online Entertainment)
Soul Calibur II (Namco)
The Sims: Superstar (EA)

Best PC Game:

Halo: Combat Evolved (Microsoft)
Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne (Rockstar)
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne (Blizzard)

Best Online Game:

Battlefield 1942: The Road to Rome (EA)
Final Fantasy XI (Square Enix)
Star Wars Galaxies (LucasArts)

Best Handheld Game:

Advance Wars 2: Black Hold Rising (Nintendo)
Final Fantasy Tactics (Nintendo/Square Enix)

Best Fighting Game:

Soul Calibur II (Namco)
WWE Smackdown! Here Comes the Pain (THQ)

Best First-Person Action Game:

Call of Duty (Activision)
Halo: Combat Evolved (Microsoft)
Rainbow Six 3: Raven Shield (Ubisoft)

Best Fantasy Game:

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (LucasArts)
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker (Nintendo)

Most Anticipated Game:

Doom 3 (Activision)
Driver 3 (Atari)
Fable (Microsoft)
Full Spectrum Warrior (THQ)
Gran Turismo 4 (SCEA)
Half-Life 2 (VU Games)
Halo 2 (Microsoft)
James Bond 007: Everything or Nothing (EA)
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater (Konami)
The Sims 2 (EA)
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow (Ubi Soft)

Ok anyone care to make any predictions on any of these categories?. My predictions will come in a minute.
Toof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Nov 2003, 09:03 AM   #2 (permalink)
Tom Hanks With-A the Aids

Forgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICK
Send a message via MSN to Forgotten Sin

...Not a bad list

Forgotten Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Nov 2003, 09:41 AM   #3 (permalink)
I hate people

Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Send a message via AIM to Toof Send a message via MSN to Toof Send a message via Yahoo to Toof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forgotten sin
...Not a bad list
Meh I probably won't watch it. The show if filled with wannabes and hasbeens.
Old 18 Nov 2003, 09:43 AM   #4 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

Why the hell isn't Socom on the best online game list?
Old 18 Nov 2003, 10:31 PM   #5 (permalink)

error402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to behold

GTA:VC should win.

It's without a doubt the best game of the year.
error402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Nov 2003, 11:26 PM   #6 (permalink)
And yet I fight...

Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Send a message via AIM to Alth Send a message via MSN to Alth

Man, much props to SpikeTV for televising this, the Oscars for gamers, lol.

I think and hope Splinter Cell will take home game of the year... it was an awesome game, and I have played both, and never really got into GTA like I did Splinter Cell, just an awesome game... it will be a good show though.
Alth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Nov 2003, 08:22 AM   #7 (permalink)
I hate people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alth_Coder
Man, much props to SpikeTV for televising this, the Oscars for gamers, lol.

I think and hope Splinter Cell will take home game of the year... it was an awesome game, and I have played both, and never really got into GTA like I did Splinter Cell, just an awesome game... it will be a good show though.
Don't hold your breath. GTA has that category in the bag. And if Spliter Cell wins there will be tons of pissed off gamers.
Old 19 Nov 2003, 11:31 AM   #8 (permalink)
Moderator Of Good & Evil

Location: Walking upon high, as I step to the edge to see my world below..
The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

Alot of good games were left out in this list...
Old 19 Nov 2003, 12:54 PM   #9 (permalink)
I hate people

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wanderer
Alot of good games were left out in this list...
I know but most of the games nominated are mainstream games.
Old 19 Nov 2003, 02:09 PM   #10 (permalink)
And yet I fight...

Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Send a message via AIM to Alth Send a message via MSN to Alth

Quote:
Don't hold your breath.
Who said I was?

I just hope that it does win, I don't like the graphics in GTA, the story line was ok, maybe it was just the fact it was based in the 70's or 80's or whatever that I didn't like. I think Splinter Cell has the all around package, but whichever game wins wins...

Quote:
GTA has that category in the bag.

No it doesn't, at this point it's fair game... the results aren't in yet, are they?

Quote:
And if Spliter Cell wins there will be tons of pissed off gamers.
Maybe so, but I also know a full forum of Splinter Cell gamers that will be pissed, lol.

Conclusion - No one has won yet, gotta wait until December 4th to find out (unless your actually going to the show), the best game will win, we know that.
Alth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Nov 2003, 02:29 PM   #11 (permalink)
I hate people

Come on if you think Spliter Cell has a fair chance on Game of the year I personally don't think so. But splinter Cell should be on most addictive too. I got hooked once I started
Old 19 Nov 2003, 02:38 PM   #12 (permalink)
Y2X
Banned By Administrators

Y2X is on a distinguished road

heres my pradictions

Game of the Year:
hands down

Best Sports Game:
Tony Hawk's Underground (Activision)
big fan of Tony Hawks,

Best Action Game:
True Crime: Streets of L.A. (Activision)
that game is sweet

Best Animation:
best game ever

Best Driving Game:
The Simpsons: Hit and Run (VU Games)
i would have said Burnout 2 myself but ill go with Simpsons

Best Game Based on a Movie:
The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (EA)
the game is hot

Best Music:
im not the guy to vote against Vice City but, Def Jam has the music

Best Performance by a Human:
DMX, Method Man, & more - Def Jam Vendetta (EA Big)
Jenna Jameson- Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (PC Version) (Rockstar)
i cant decide, Def Jam did good on putting DMX, Ludacris and all the others on but Vice City is too good

Most Addictive Game:
The Sims: Superstar (EA)
hell is it addictive

Best PC Game:
Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne (Rockstar)
not sure, but Max Payne is the only one ive played on

Best Online Game:
i like the Final Fantasy games

Best Handheld Game:
cant tell you why, but just trust me

Best Fighting Game:
HCTP was good, but not good enough

Best First-Person Action Game:
Rainbow Six 3: Raven Shield (Ubisoft)
great RPS

Best Fantasy Game:
the answer is in the award

Most Anticipated Game:
Gran Turismo 4 (SCEA)
i dont look for all the anticipating releases but this is the Game that kept popping up
Y2X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Nov 2003, 03:26 PM   #13 (permalink)
I hate people

FINALLY Someone does what I said.
Old 19 Nov 2003, 03:45 PM   #14 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

Madden will win best sports game for sure.
Old 19 Nov 2003, 04:14 PM   #15 (permalink)
I hate people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel
Madden will win best sports game for sure.
I second that prediction. Mainly because of the pedigree maden games have.