ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Games & Technology

Games & Technology Want the latest news and cheats of your favorite game? Wanna talk about upcoming games? Wanna talk about your favorite comics, or toys and other hobbies?

first shot and info on PSP

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05 Nov 2003, 12:20 PM   #1 (permalink)
Tom Hanks With-A the Aids

Forgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICK
Send a message via MSN to Forgotten Sin
Default first shot and info on PSP

First PSP Shot!
Sony debuts the first concept model of its upcoming handheld.

November 04, 2003 - In its annual Sony Corporate Strategy Meeting held in New York today, Sony Computer Inc. revealed the first official concept model image of the PSP, its upcoming powerhouse handheld.

As part of its presentation displaying how the IBM/Toshiba and Sony backed Cell chip will connect all future Sony Products -- from the PSP to TVs, computer, video cameras and PlayStation game consoles -- the first official shot appeared for all to see.
Due in the fall 2004, the PSP features an impressive set of specs including wide screen support (480x272; 16:9 ratio) that's will be backlit, the full PlayStation control set, embedded codecs and NURB technology for rendering full 3D polygons.

To get a better look what's under the hood, check these specs.

UMD or Universal Media Device. This storage media is 60mm, about half the size of the traditional CD and has a capacity of 1.8GB. That's right GB. Expect massively complex, detailed gaming (for your handheld anyway). 2.4 inches.
ATRAC encoding support (Sony's proprietary sound format used in their minidiscs). This could mean it will be a multi-media device.
Graphics specs are also impressive: NURB technology for rendering with full 3D polygons.
The unit's widescreen LCD screen (480x272, that's the coveted 16:9 ratio we all love) will be backlit.
The unit's sound processing will feature full 3D sound, PCM, and will be "fully reconfigurable."
MIPS 32-bit processor.
Also, a secure ROM cartridge for anti-piracy efforts.
Super-one-chip solution for graphics, sound, etc.
Memory stick will be used for game saves. Also, for GPS functionality.
Rechargeable battery.
CPU: 90 nanometers with a clock speed TBD.
USB 2.0 connection for talking to your PC, cellphone, even your PS2.
Embedded RAM.
Supports additional video codecs (other than MPEG 4.)

If this image represents the final model, then our suspicions about the flip top have been confirmed. We still have questions about the final format of the analog stick and other buttons as well. Will they stand upright, above the surface of the handheld, or not? We'll have more soon. For all things PSP in the future, make sure to check out our handheld site Pocket.ign.com

Well, do you think it'll be better than the N Gage? LOL!

Forgotten Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Nov 2003, 02:16 PM   #2 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

It's kinda weird looking, but still only a concept. Once they have to fit everything in it, I'm sure it'll change up a bit. Also, why the fuck are they wasting time and money making it do everything. For fucks sake, just play the goddamn game. I don't need a mp3/phone/gps/remote/camera/fucking ginzu knife to play games.
Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Nov 2003, 02:39 PM   #3 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

Quote:
Originally Posted by €XDS
It's kinda weird looking, but still only a concept. Once they have to fit everything in it, I'm sure it'll change up a bit. Also, why the fuck are they wasting time and money making it do everything. For fucks sake, just play the goddamn game. I don't need a mp3/phone/gps/remote/camera/fucking ginzu knife to play games.
I couldn't agree more. I don't feel like paying $500 for a handheld system. All I want to do is play the game and nothing else. But the screen looks pretty big, which I like alot. I seen that new N-Gage thing at EB and the screen is so narrow and small. I didn't like that at all.