ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Games & Technology

Games & Technology Want the latest news and cheats of your favorite game? Wanna talk about upcoming games? Wanna talk about your favorite comics, or toys and other hobbies?

a little help please? (laptops vs. desktops)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28 Oct 2003, 03:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
givin you the evil eye...

Nullpunkt has much to be proud ofNullpunkt has much to be proud ofNullpunkt has much to be proud ofNullpunkt has much to be proud ofNullpunkt has much to be proud ofNullpunkt has much to be proud ofNullpunkt has much to be proud ofNullpunkt has much to be proud of
Send a message via ICQ to Nullpunkt Send a message via AIM to Nullpunkt Send a message via MSN to Nullpunkt Send a message via Yahoo to Nullpunkt
Default a little help please? (laptops vs. desktops)

ah, it's that time of year again.
time for lil' ol' me to buy a snazzy new computer.

but i'm stuck.
so i need your help.

if you were me, and you have a choice between an Apple iBook or an Apple iMac, what would you choose?

what are the pluses and minuses of laptops vs desktops?

(btw, i'm looking at both computers to carry the same features)

i dunno, i've been racking my brain about this for a while now. and would totlally appreciate a third person perspective on it.
any and all insight is appreciated.

thanks in advnace, yo
Old 29 Oct 2003, 12:56 PM   #2 (permalink)
I hate people

Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Send a message via AIM to Toof Send a message via MSN to Toof Send a message via Yahoo to Toof

I'm not sure it depends on what you need to do and whats better for you. Laptops are portable, slim and appealing but they are incredibly expensive and maintenance cost and upgrades would make a hole on your wallet bigger than shotgun wound on a Terminator movie. Desktops are not portable but they are more efficient and more cost effective than laptops.

Personally (and pretty much 90% of the consumers) don't like Mac systems. They neat and everything but technology wise Mac is running behind selling a system with a low procesor speed at a ridiculous price when you can buy a windows based for the same price and pretty much 70% faster and 35% cheaper than Macs. Here on college we have several Mac systems but they are not popular between students and administrators. Mac programs are usually more expensive as well. I make custom made systems and I repair Windows and Mac based systems as well and to be honest I have only got four mac systems in the 9 years I have working on computers.

But anyways the choice is up to you. You'll have to decide whats more convenient and useful for yourself.
Toof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Oct 2003, 07:10 PM   #3 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

^don't listen to him. He's just a mac hater.

Personally, if you can afford it and if it's something you'll need to carry around, go with the laptop. You can always run a bigger display and external mouse with it at home, and of course it's portable so you can work anywhere else. We use them at work a lot for sending ppl out on trips and presentations and we've never had any problems. But personally I just have an Imac at home. It runs all the graphics software incredibly well (compared to the crap fest that is trying to run it on pc) and handles anything else I need it to do (web, excell, etc) without any problems and saved me a ton of money what is still faster than what was current for the laptops.

I dunno, if you can afford it, go with the laptop, but if it's going to be a waste of money, then get the imac and a couple six packs.
Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Oct 2003, 11:13 AM   #4 (permalink)
I hate people

Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Send a message via AIM to Toof Send a message via MSN to Toof Send a message via Yahoo to Toof

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDS
^don't listen to him. He's just a mac hater.

Personally, if you can afford it and if it's something you'll need to carry around, go with the laptop. You can always run a bigger display and external mouse with it at home, and of course it's portable so you can work anywhere else. We use them at work a lot for sending ppl out on trips and presentations and we've never had any problems. But personally I just have an Imac at home. It runs all the graphics software incredibly well (compared to the crap fest that is trying to run it on pc) and handles anything else I need it to do (web, excell, etc) without any problems and saved me a ton of money what is still faster than what was current for the laptops.

I dunno, if you can afford it, go with the laptop, but if it's going to be a waste of money, then get the imac and a couple six packs.
Now thats an opinion from someone who doesn't repair computers day in, day out

My department participated on the program from Mac. "Exchange" where they let us run IMacs G4 for a period of 60 days. With the Motorola 800Mhz proesor it does the work DECENTLY. But when we started to run the linux emulators for the college's database thats when problems arrived. Macs are not cost effective specially on todays market when people look for a good system at a decent price. I kinda like the Macs but to be honest I wouldn't own one because of a lack of compatibility. I rather use My Red Hat Linux than the Mac OS. I find it 10 times more secure and stable than Mac and Windows; and I'm a regular windows user.
Toof is offline   Reply With Quote