ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Games & Technology

Games & Technology Want the latest news and cheats of your favorite game? Wanna talk about upcoming games? Wanna talk about your favorite comics, or toys and other hobbies?

Families sue over GTA III-inspired shooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22 Oct 2003, 01:26 PM   #1 (permalink)
Tom Hanks With-A the Aids

Forgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICK
Send a message via MSN to Forgotten Sin
Default Families sue over GTA III-inspired shooting

Gamespot:

The families of two people whose cars were shot at by teenage fans of Grand Theft Auto III have filed a lawsuit against SCEA, Take-Two, Rockstar Games, and Wal-Mart.

The families of two people whose cars were shot at by two teenage boys as they passed through the Great Smoky Mountains on June 25 have filed a $246 million lawsuit against Sony Computer Entertainment America, Take-Two Interactive, Rockstar Games, and Wal-Mart. Aaron Hamel, 45, was killed and Kimberly Bede, 19, was seriously wounded when their cars were fired upon by stepbrothers William Buckner, 16, and Joshua Buckner, 14, of Newport.

The boys told investigators that they had got the rifles from a locked room in their home and then started shooting at vehicles on Interstate 40 just like in Grand Theft Auto III--which it's worth noting is an M-rated game that neither of them should have been playing. The stepbrothers are currently serving an indefinite term in state custody after pleading guilty to reckless homicide, endangerment, and assault in juvenile court in August.

The suit filed earlier this week alleges that Grand Theft Auto III inspires and trains players to shoot at vehicles and persons, and claims that the game's designers, marketers, and retailers are liable for $46 million in compensatory damages and $200 million in punitive damages. We'll bring you more information on this story as it becomes available.

Forgotten Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Oct 2003, 01:49 PM   #2 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

oh please, like nobody ever got shot before GTA. I imagine this is just another aclu attack on games in general and will be dismissed before they ever get a penny. Lord knows those trailer park idiot kids families don't have a cent to their name. May as well sue everbody else instead.
Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Oct 2003, 01:52 PM   #3 (permalink)

Forgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICK

I Actually saw them Talking about that on a new show once. either way, sony and COmpany are going to Lose quite a sum on this!

Old 22 Oct 2003, 02:03 PM   #4 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

How can they lose? This case is has legit as the parents that sued everybody because their kids listened to Ozzy and then killed themselves. Or the parents that sued when their dumb fucking kids acted like Jackass or Beavis and Butthead. God forbid this case ever goes to trial.
Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Oct 2003, 02:24 PM   #5 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

You see assholes like this deserve to die. Anybody who is dumb enought to re-act anything from a video game or movie should be put away.
Old 22 Oct 2003, 03:39 PM   #6 (permalink)
I hate people

Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Send a message via AIM to Toof Send a message via MSN to Toof Send a message via Yahoo to Toof

Why would a court actually waste their time and tax payers money on such a huge pile of bullcrap like this? There are two things that really pisses me off in here.

1.) People looking for an easy dollar: Those people are just worthless imbeciles looking to get money with out working. I mean teens have done a shit load of vandlic arts. Fuck I've heard a lot of cases like this even before the fisr GTA came out to the market. In my opinion the lawsuit should be dismissed for being a fribulous attempt of people to take money just because of that.

2.) Blood thirsty Lawyers: For the fucking love of gawd in this nation lawyers look like a fucking pack of vultures making ridiculous lawsuits and asking for an amount of money that simply doesn't make sense. Lawyers nowadays are just scumbags looking for an easy dollar. Lawyers now have turned the code of ethics into their personal toilet paper to qipe their asses with it. Anyone grab a phonebook and look on how many lawyer ads you see in it. A recent study says that there are more lawyer ads than restaurants and basic services ads combined.

Thia lawsuit should be dismissed PERIOD.
Toof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Oct 2003, 10:42 PM   #7 (permalink)

I Agree that Nothing Should Be Reenacted From The Media. I Do Hope that This Doesen't go through though, Because God Knows what game will be next! Perhaps Zelda or FF For use of Blades like swords or knives!

Old 22 Oct 2003, 10:57 PM   #8 (permalink)
Your Personal Demon

Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...

"Ooh Ooh! We're a bunch of dumb hippies who don't know how communicate with our kid who's obviously unbalanced and in pain, so we'll try and sue video game companies to make up for the fact that we FAILED as parents and couldn't see the signs soon enough to stop our child from hurting themself or others. We need to blame someone else because it's not our fault. We dont' have TIME to be there for them... that's why we buy them DVD's and video games. We don't want to hear about how they got beat up again in school today, we just want them to go away and not bother us when we're so busy."

I fucking hate these mealy mouthed fucking hippy bitches who blame the fact that they failed as parents on video games and the media. One day, mark my words, there's going to be a day when they all look in the mirror and say: "My God, we're to blame. All this time we were blaming the media, and toy companies, and video game companies and music labels... when it was us the whole time. We could have just taken ten minutes and just listened to them instead of buying them all this crap to get rid of them. What have we done?"

...and on that same day I will announce to you all that I am actually a Chinese jet pilot. This is bullshit.
Old 22 Oct 2003, 11:10 PM   #9 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!

Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.
Send a message via MSN to Trevelbond

Bullshit!!!!

I didn't walk around town going "wucka wucka wucka wucka wucka" after I played Pac-Man.

Damn Pinkos... fuck you!!!

EDIT - We need Tort reform dammit!!! Also I hate when parents sit down together in the PTA and say "Hmmm.... who can we blame for our fucked up kids now??"

*Voice from the back*

"Racist society??"

"No... remember Rodney king??"

"My bad"

"Evil corporate Wal-Mart??"

"Thats it!!!! Lets roll!!!"

Last edited by Trevelbond; 22 Oct 2003 at 11:15 PM.
Trevelbond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Oct 2003, 11:58 PM   #10 (permalink)

i don't agree on the whole "Blame Wal-mart" subject. Why sue the store? It's sold In other stores!

Old 23 Oct 2003, 09:15 AM   #11 (permalink)
I hate people

Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Send a message via AIM to Toof Send a message via MSN to Toof Send a message via Yahoo to Toof

The problem is that parents don't look at their mistakes like someone posted earlier. "Our Kid is fucked up let's sue someone" "I got fat stuffing Micky D's food up to the crack of my ass, let's sue them" But parents when they were young they were humping like rabbits on woodstock, smoking pot, having sex with kids and so on but they dare to say "That was OK in our time" Fucking pieces of walking garbage.
Toof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Oct 2003, 10:57 AM   #12 (permalink)

Kara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICK

it is the parents fault for having the guns available and for buying a game that was not intended for immature kids