ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Games & Technology

Games & Technology Want the latest news and cheats of your favorite game? Wanna talk about upcoming games? Wanna talk about your favorite comics, or toys and other hobbies?

Soul Calibre 2 consol

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29 Aug 2003, 09:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
Your Personal Demon

Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...
Default Soul Calibre 2 consol

So yeah, I was wondering if anyone has been able to go out and buy this game yet. And if they have which one do they recommend. I was leaning towards the GameCube version... but I hate link. I would rather have Heiachi but I'm not sure how well the PS2 version performs.

Oh, by the way... what character do you use the most and how good do you think you are?
Old 01 Sep 2003, 03:36 AM   #2 (permalink)
One more match

Hollywood Hogan is a splendid one to beholdHollywood Hogan is a splendid one to beholdHollywood Hogan is a splendid one to beholdHollywood Hogan is a splendid one to beholdHollywood Hogan is a splendid one to beholdHollywood Hogan is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Hollywood Hogan

Supposedly the PS2 version controls the best, but how can you hate Link? He is WHY I am getting the cube version.
Old 01 Sep 2003, 12:18 PM   #3 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

^ I heard the GC controls were the best. But anyways, I don't like to many fighting games, so I don't think i'm going to pick this one up.
Old 01 Sep 2003, 06:34 PM   #4 (permalink)

Kara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICK

I am wondering why they would put spawn in the xbox version link and heiachi I understand but spawn seems out of place
Old 02 Sep 2003, 03:12 PM   #5 (permalink)
I hate people

Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Send a message via AIM to Toof Send a message via MSN to Toof Send a message via Yahoo to Toof

Actually I see Link and Spwan out of place. They are characters way out of context.
Toof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Sep 2003, 03:28 PM   #6 (permalink)

Kara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICK

well link cuz of the zelda series and nintendo and heiachi cuz of the tekken series but spawn has like one game period so for me he is out of place he hasnt earned shit
Old 02 Sep 2003, 04:02 PM   #7 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

Well since xbox is a piece of shit system and they don't have good games that are exclusive to it, they couldn't really put any other character in the game.
Old 03 Sep 2003, 05:04 PM   #8 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

I haven't played it yet, I have to wait till my goddamn birthday, but I'm getting the Cube version to play link. I busted out my dreamcast last night just to play a few rounds and make sure I remember how to play. I must've logged about 10,000 hours playing the first one. I'm pretty good with most of the characters but my fave is Seigried followed by Mitsuragi and Ivy. The only one's I don't like are the hoppy little bitches like taki and the really big slow guys like astoroth. I love this game though and can't wait to finally get my hands on it.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Sep 2003, 12:15 AM   #9 (permalink)
Your Personal Demon

Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...

Well, to answer most of your questions...

Spawn was added because the character "Necrid" that is new to the console verion of SC2 was designed by Todd MacFarlane

Link is in it because of the whole Nintendo thing.

And Heiachi is in it because he's a badass...

I got the game yesterday and it's pretty hardcore. Nightmare is the same beast he was in the arcade and Heiachi is pretty sweet. I put together my Evil-Guy Squad of Doom (Nightmare, Cervantes and Heiachi) for use in Team Battle

Last edited by Mr. Hostility; 04 Sep 2003 at 04:35 PM.
Mr. Hostility is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Sep 2003, 03:14 PM   #10 (permalink)
I hate people

Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Send a message via AIM to Toof Send a message via MSN to Toof Send a message via Yahoo to Toof

Well I don't think Link should be on the game because Link is an adventure game charater not a fighting game character. I just can't picture him there.
Old 04 Sep 2003, 09:04 PM   #11 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

^Link is in smash bros and he works just fine...

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Sep 2003, 03:40 PM   #12 (permalink)
Moderator Of Good & Evil

Location: Walking upon high, as I step to the edge to see my world below..
The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

Link fights pretty good in the GC version..

I have the Ps2 version myself and it kicks ASS. I hate hehachi in it though, think PS2 got screwed for having him as a extra character in the PS2 game...I love spawn, and Link is quite good in the GC verson..i brought it to a friends BBQ last night, and we stayed up all night playing it. It was Sweet. Plus the Wepons Master Quest is sweet. getting new weapons, costumes, and characters.. Nerrid (for the PS2) version is pretty cool, overall the best character I like using is a toss up between Klik, and Maxi. Their juggle combos are crazy!!

Also Ivy is good too, and so is Sotitia and Mr. S&M, Voldo.
Old 05 Sep 2003, 03:42 PM   #13 (permalink)
Moderator Of Good & Evil

Location: Walking upon high, as I step to the edge to see my world below..
The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

Quote:
Originally posted by Rebel
^ I heard the GC controls were the best. But anyways, I don't like to many fighting games, so I don't think i'm going to pick this one up.
Actually the PS2 contoler works best. I tried the GC version and its really hard to get used to. I HATE the XboX controler. The PS2 is best overall for that game.
Old 05 Sep 2003, 04:14 PM   #14 (permalink)
I hate people

Quote:
Originally posted by XDS
^Link is in smash bros and he works just fine...
Never liked Smash Bros. All characters seemed out of place and nintendo just shoved us the idea til we were forced to like it. I personally don't like it. But meh each to his own.
Old 06 Sep 2003, 03:21 AM   #15 (permalink)
One more match

Hollywood Hogan is a splendid one to beholdHollywood Hogan is a splendid one to beholdHollywood Hogan is a splendid one to beholdHollywood Hogan is a splendid one to beholdHollywood Hogan is a splendid one to beholdHollywood Hogan is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Hollywood Hogan

I should close this thread for you uttering an ill word about smash bros. I have put at least 600 hours into it and the original, and I could destroy anyone at it! Link is great in SC2.