ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Games & Technology

Games & Technology Want the latest news and cheats of your favorite game? Wanna talk about upcoming games? Wanna talk about your favorite comics, or toys and other hobbies?

Football games: What kind of defensive player are you?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18 Aug 2003, 07:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
Screwball

Wolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Wolf Send a message via MSN to Wolf
Default Football games: What kind of defensive player are you?

I grew up playing Super Techmo Bowl for sega genesis and Blitz for 64, so i was never able to get out of the habit of always starting out as the nose takle trying to sack the QB (Cause with both games getting past the offensive line was a peice of cake). I've found out it's a lot harder with the newer games, but i still play that way.

So how do you defend? Do you play the middle linebacker protecting against the short pass or the run,do you play one of the safties trying to stop the long pass, or do you do what i do and try for the sack?

My Teams

Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Aug 2003, 12:22 AM   #2 (permalink)

error402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to behold

I'm always going for the sack, I just play defensive ends. And once the ball is thrown (if it's a pass) I switch over to a corner or safety and hope I can do something about it.
error402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Aug 2003, 11:24 AM   #3 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

Quote:
Originally posted by error402
I'm always going for the sack, I just play defensive ends. And once the ball is thrown (if it's a pass) I switch over to a corner or safety and hope I can do something about it.
Thats what I do too. The blitz is the best. And I find even if I do pick a pass protection play, they usually get big yards on me anyways.
Old 19 Aug 2003, 12:36 PM   #4 (permalink)
like a pimp

pimpinthebox is the absolute WORST poster everpimpinthebox is the absolute WORST poster everpimpinthebox is the absolute WORST poster everpimpinthebox is the absolute WORST poster everpimpinthebox is the absolute WORST poster everpimpinthebox is the absolute WORST poster ever

I'll always go for the sack, so most of the times i'm a defensive lineman. But i like to bring anyone and everyone on a blitz, so i'll be a linbacker, corner or safety as well. I don't try to defend the pass. When i do i always get burned.

Scrotum, Scrotum, It's my wrinkly-crinkly bag of skin. Scrotum, Scrotum, it's the thing i keep my testes in. It's wrinkly and crinkly and covered in hair and i don't know what i'd do if it wasn't there. Scrotum, Scrotum, it's my wrinkly-crinkly bag of skin.
pimpinthebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Aug 2003, 01:28 AM   #5 (permalink)
Kryptonite

I always go for the sack , for me it usually works...I tend to play in Franchise mode and by the 3rd season I've built up a scary Defense that quickly stomps any competition...
but i am prepared to get out there and stop the pass as well
Old 20 Aug 2003, 01:51 AM   #6 (permalink)
Give it To Me..

The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.
Send a message via AIM to The_One Send a message via MSN to The_One

I'm always a d linemen,but once the ball's in the air,I'm always gonna try to switch over to my db and knock it down..