ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Games & Technology

Games & Technology Want the latest news and cheats of your favorite game? Wanna talk about upcoming games? Wanna talk about your favorite comics, or toys and other hobbies?

what's the worst game you've ever played?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03 Jun 2003, 06:19 AM   #1 (permalink)
Tom Hanks With-A the Aids

Forgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICK
Send a message via MSN to Forgotten Sin
Default what's the worst game you've ever played?

me, i'd say home alone 1 for the nes!!

Forgotten Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Jun 2003, 08:04 AM   #2 (permalink)
I hate people

Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Send a message via AIM to Toof Send a message via MSN to Toof Send a message via Yahoo to Toof

I say Xenophobe

That game sucked mayor ass.... ET is tied with Xenophobe.
Toof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Jun 2003, 08:38 AM   #3 (permalink)

Forgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICK

what's Xenophobe? also, i'd say Robopon for GBC!

Old 03 Jun 2003, 10:53 AM   #4 (permalink)
I hate people

Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Send a message via AIM to Toof Send a message via MSN to Toof Send a message via Yahoo to Toof

This might help.

Courtesy of digiserve.

Overview
What is it about video games and aliens that always end up with the former focused on destroying the latter? It's either because a first-contact game about diplomacy would be too boring, or game designers like to see things go bang. Xenophobe is no exception; in this adaptation of the Bally arcade game, you (and up to three other players) are assigned the duty of eliminating alien Xenos who have infested 23 space stations and bases. The similarities to a series of science-fiction thriller movies are not coincidental.

You start off with a pool of nine characters; a single-player game has four lives, but a multiplayer game lasts as long as characters remain. Each player starts with a simple pistol, though more powerful guns and bombs are available. You must explore each station, eliminating all of the Xenos you find, while grabbing equipment and objects for extra health and bonuses. A character loses health from assorted attacks and from accidents, and you lose a life when it's all gone. A level ends when the base is completely overrun with Xenos, when you activate the self-destruct, or when all aliens have been destroyed.

Gameplay
Xenophobe has the right mix of static and unpredictable elements that are needed to make a good action game. While the layout and contents of each level are predictable, the specific locations are not, requiring you to hunt for the items you need. The game is difficult without being overwhelming; though the Xeno's numbers increase from level to level, a fair amount of caution will help players stay alive. Both the Xenos and the station layouts add to the freshness of the game; each type of Xeno has different attacks and weaknesses, while the stations use shafts, labs, multiple stories, and fires to add an extra element of challenge. Other diversions include equipment to repair and security systems to disarm. Since the main objective of each level is to destroy Xenos, the game can become repetitive, but there is enough variety to offset this for most players.

There are a few additions in the Lynx version of Xenophobe that were not in the arcade, all of which add to the fun. New types of equipment expand the strategy, such as the jetpacks which allow you to fly around, safe from many attacks. The Lynx's controls are put to good use, making controlling your player much easier than with the original's three-button joystick. Multiplayer games are especially enjoyable: aside from just the cooperative nature of the game, a player can also choose to play a Xeno and hunt his friends in disguise. However, multiplayer games do tend to slow down a bit in the higher stages.

Graphics/Sound
As with the arcade game, Xenophobe on the Lynx takes the terror out of an alien hunt through its graphics. The dark nature of the title is sharply defused with bright colors everywhere, whether it's in the layout of the station rooms or the non-threatening greens and reds of the Xenos themselves. Your cast of beings, with punny names like U2 R B52 and Dr. Zorderz, are very distinctive, and animation is used heavily through the game.

Sounds are also done well with a wide variety of blasts, klaxons, and other effects. There is almost no music per se, though a low rythmic backbeat plays through much of the game. The noises are also highly functional, often acting as a hint of what awaits you in adjacent rooms; this is especially noticeable when using stereo headphones on the newer Lynx II units.

Summary
With its expanded gameplay and easy-to-use controls, Lynx Xenophobe is arguably more fun than its arcade inspiration. Sound and graphics are more than acceptable, and the multiplayer cooperative possibilities are welcome. While some people may find the game a little repetitious, as a whole this title is challenging, intriguing, and worth the money.

Gameplay: 8.5
Graphics: 8
Sound: 9
Overall: 8.5

Rating Values
10 - 8 Great! This game can't get much better.
7 - 5 Good. Average game, could be improved.
4 - 2 Poor. For devotees only.
1 Ick. Shoot it.

I can't believe someone gave it a good raiting jesus christ. There is even a god damn typo on the screen instead of saying "player" it says "plaver"
Old 03 Jun 2003, 10:56 AM   #5 (permalink)

LOL on Plaver!

Old 03 Jun 2003, 11:34 AM   #6 (permalink)
Xer
minty fresh

Xer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posters

Boy that's a tough one..for every good videogame there are like ten bad ones..I'll need to think a little but for now I'll say Batman for the Commodore..Jesus that fucking sucked!
Old 03 Jun 2003, 02:14 PM   #7 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

I did have the misfortune of playing the now legendary for it's complete suckiness, Superman 64.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Jun 2003, 02:21 PM   #8 (permalink)
I hate people

Quote:
XDS said in post # :
I did have the misfortune of playing the now legendary for it's complete suckiness, Superman 64.
LMAO thats one of the worst game of all time. Hey Sin maybe we should bump that thread again LOL
Old 03 Jun 2003, 04:26 PM   #9 (permalink)
One more match

Hollywood Hogan is a splendid one to beholdHollywood Hogan is a splendid one to beholdHollywood Hogan is a splendid one to beholdHollywood Hogan is a splendid one to beholdHollywood Hogan is a splendid one to beholdHollywood Hogan is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Hollywood Hogan

I'll bump it....
Old 04 Jun 2003, 01:49 PM   #10 (permalink)
Xer
minty fresh

Xer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posters

Okay I got it..Wizards and Warriors for the NES..horrible,just horrible.
Old 04 Jun 2003, 06:05 PM   #11 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

^wait, I think I liked that game. What was it about?

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Old 05 Jun 2003, 07:59 AM   #12 (permalink)

^was that one of the top 20 worst games?

Old 05 Jun 2003, 04:32 PM   #13 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

this wizards and warriors?
http://www.nesfiles.com/NES/Wizards_...d_Warriors.asp
That game kicked ass. I played it like crazy.

egm review:

As a brave knight warrior known as Kuros, you set out to rescue the princess from the mad wizard Malkil. Enter the woods of Elrond and make your way to the IronSpire castle. Collect gems, items, and weapons to use in your battles against the enemies. Certain magic spells will also become available to you. There is no password or save feature, but there are unlimited continues.

There are seven stages, each of which has a skeleton, witch, giant bat, or other mystical boss at the end of each one. Kuros' main object in each side-view stage is to find weaponry and other necessary items, as well as the keys needed to open the door to the boss. The items in the game, including the Dagger of Throwing and the Feather of Feather Fall, are all extravagantly named, but most are essential to your quest.

Publisher: Acclaim Entertainment Developer: Rare Release Date: December_1987

And look it was developed by Rare!!!! I didn't even know they'd been around that long.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Old 05 Jun 2003, 06:16 PM   #14 (permalink)

DUMBASS Nobody Likes This Poster... Especially STICK...

I think ET suxs ass

DUMBASS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Jun 2003, 07:27 PM   #15 (permalink)
Heavyweight

David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.

Thankfully I haven't had the misfortune of playing too many bad games but I have played a few stinkers. Too hard to decide... I think the worst game I've ever played would be either...

Ahh! Real Monsters (SNES) or Rampage 2 (N64)
David is offline   Reply With Quote